Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 04-14-2016, 01:39 PM   #1
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Dark Souls 3

Anyone else getting their ass kicked by the game?
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 02:13 PM   #2
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
Anyone else getting their ass kicked by the game?
Surprised no one made a thread before (didnt do a search though ). But yeah, getting my ass kicked but it keeps pulling me back for another try. Spent only a few hours though since two days ago (no time). Currently at the big tree boss.

What an amazing game, havent played the previous Dark souls but played (and loved) Bloodborne, but already one of the best gamingexperience I've had (even though I'm still early in the game!).
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 05:46 AM   #3
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnnie View Post
Surprised no one made a thread before (didnt do a search though ). But yeah, getting my ass kicked but it keeps pulling me back for another try. Spent only a few hours though since two days ago (no time). Currently at the big tree boss.

What an amazing game, havent played the previous Dark souls but played (and loved) Bloodborne, but already one of the best gamingexperience I've had (even though I'm still early in the game!).
Yeah it's good at doing that.. Just got to the undead settlement myself. I'm in the same boat as you, though I think I still prefer Bloodborne. I like that it's faster paced and the setting and story appeal to me more.
Old 04-15-2016, 02:12 PM   #4
vinnnie
Luke Cage

I keep hording souls and losing them eventually. I have to play more patiently. Had a whole bunch of souls and was curious to see what was behind a door... BAM! boss fight, lost the fight and couldnt retrieve my souls 😑 all work for nothing...
Old 04-16-2016, 08:29 PM   #5
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnnie View Post
I keep hording souls and losing them eventually. I have to play more patiently. Had a whole bunch of souls and was curious to see what was behind a door... BAM! boss fight, lost the fight and couldnt retrieve my souls 😑 all work for nothing...
That's Dark Souls for ya Had something similar happen, could've leveled up atleast twice.. You making a specific build? What class and weapon?
Old 04-17-2016, 01:58 PM   #6
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I hear these games are made specifically to be difficult. I'm sure they are great, but I just don't have the patience for it.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 06:32 PM   #7
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
That's Dark Souls for ya Had something similar happen, could've leveled up atleast twice.. You making a specific build? What class and weapon?

No specific build or anything. Weapons atm are Raw Longsword and Twin Dragon Greatshield.

Facing High lord Wolnir atm.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:02 PM   #8
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I started as Deprived to be able to play with more points, in a way. Might reroll later once I learn more.

I barely played any of the others, so 3 is technically the first Souls I am playing. Forcing myself to learn the game. As a gamer, I should just not like games, not...not be able to play them.

My biggest problem in these games is lack of information. No clue where I am going, where I need to go. No clue if I am missing anything, etc. Watching people stream...like...how am I supposed to know there is a fake wall there. Check everything wall section?

Beginning was rough, but eventually got things down. Now just down to learning new enemy types as I encounter them. After a bit of leveling my HP and Stam, I now easily have enough to "try" most things without worrying about getting one-shotted.

Starting leveling Vigor and Endurance to last longer.
Then STR and DEX to be able to play and try out more weapon types. While at the same time working on Vitality to raise my load limit.
Eventually I plan on working on some attunement to mix in spells.

I run around pretty much naked as to use the weapons and rings I like, but still be under the 30% mark. Uber dodge. Then have a single spell I use to buff my weapon to hit harder. Plus a Kite shield for 100% physical absorption.

Just got done with the deacon boss and giant skeleton one. And after looking some stuff up...realized I missed a few bosses, like the sage, so went back for them.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 05:01 AM   #9
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Just finished my 7th run, overall an excellent Souls game, a bit too much fan service for my taste though.

If I were to rank them based on PvE alone:

DS1
DeS
DS3
BB
DS2
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 07:41 AM   #10
joerock
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienjakk View Post
Just finished my 7th run, overall an excellent Souls game, a bit too much fan service for my taste though.

If I were to rank them based on PvE alone:

DS1
DeS
DS3
BB
DS2
Great list, I'd have 3 in the #2 spot. I've finished all these games, my own personal thoughts, taking on the Nameless King with no summons and without googling ways to beat him was the hardest challenge of the whole series. When I finally got that bastard down my girl thought I won the lottery
joerock is offline   Reply With Quote