Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-08-2015, 10:34 AM   #1231
darth
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

As far as I've seen, XM's paint jobs have been spot on. On this one head though i'm surprised at how bad the paint looks, specifically where the black meets the yellow on the mask.
darth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 10:40 AM   #1232
bigb888
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

The fish scale arms are really bothering me enough to think about selling my preorder
bigb888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 10:49 AM   #1233
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
lmao @ everyone calling it monotooth! Just getting around to looking at these pics of the production Wolverine, and yeah, I do specifically remember solotooth being a top concern for a lot of people. I also remember XM addressing it with pics of the fix, and everyone was cool with it. It's too bad it snuck through production disregarded.

One thing I'll say about the paint for this is that XM kept it clean and stayed within the lines. It isn't sloppy anywhere. However, the paint app on all the heads does look rather blah when you compare it with the proto head sculpt.

I agree, the lips on the masked portrait seem to be a little overdone on the red. The teeth on the proto look so real. There seemed to be a nice sheen/gloss put over the stellar paint app on the proto to give them a very wet and realistic look. The teeth on the production look bleach white and dry. Similar to Magneto's.

The inside of the mouth on the open-mouth portrait looks like it has that gloss applied, but the tongue and mouth seem to be all the same color. The teeth are also extremely white. Looks very plain, like there's no life to it. Sideshow's mouth is painted extremely well and very realistic. The tongue has spots, making it look life-like, and it's also coated with the same gloss for a nice wet appearance. The hair on XM's looks to be all one matte color too. No hues to give it life. These are all just nit-picks on the first in-hand pics I've seen of XM's, though, as I'm sure most collectors could live with them, but I gotta go with Sideshow's Wolverine over this one.

XM:

SS:

Now I'm not so sure if they could live with those arms. It's funny cause Sideshow gets so much ---- for their shoddy paint apps and other stuff, but looking at the hair on those arms, I bet they're laughing their ass off. Honestly, I know a lot of people complained about the lack of hair on his arms, but I'd just go back to having hairless arms. Or maybe take that greenish coloring away.

XM hairy arms:

SS hairy arms:

This is a spot on assessment of the issues with XM Wolvie imo. XM definitely took a step back on this piece based on Kenny's pics. I really can't get passed that scaly looking arm air. That's the thing that bugs me the most. Sideshow nailed the arm hair on their piece. I hate their pajama looking costume though.

I'd like to hear from Bryan or Ben from XM and find out if they are happy with the outcome on Wolvie and what they plan to do to fix it if they aren't happy with it. They certainly can and should do better imo.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 10:54 AM   #1234
shin3000
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
I think it is maybe just the light, wait for more pics.

Two Pics from Kenny. Same head, just better light. You can now see a soft line, no big teeth.

OMG the lighting makes the teeth look absolutely normal now. that soft line really makes a huge difference!
shin3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 10:57 AM   #1235
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

The line in the monotooth still isn't pronounced enough but I can definitely live with what I am seeing in Grumpy's pic.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:01 AM   #1236
shin3000
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
The line in the monotooth still isn't pronounced enough but I can definitely live with what I am seeing in Grumpy's pic.
i was just joking about that soft line... seriously to me it seems a desperate attempt to defend the bad teeth... so what now just take out your pencil and draw a straight line to fix this problem?
Old 05-08-2015, 11:04 AM   #1237
Hotsaltysea
Frackin!

I think xm are working hard to show us some WIP... But it is always compared with SS final product...don't seem fair.
There are professionals working in Xm too... They delivered some great piece so I think their quality will be ok.
Hotsaltysea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:05 AM   #1238
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by shin3000 View Post
i was just joking about that soft line... seriously to me it seems a desperate attempt to defend the bad teeth... so what now just take out your pencil and draw a straight line to fix this problem?
I guess what I am saying is the monotooth is the least of the problems with the piece imo. If they fix everything else and the monotooth is the only thing left than I can live with it. Aliz pointed out a number of issues with the piece including the monotooth with the arm hair being the worst imo.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:08 AM   #1239
shin3000
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
I guess what I am saying is the monotooth is the least of the problems with the piece imo. If they fix everything else and the monotooth is the only thing left than I can live with it. Aliz pointed out a number of issues with the piece including the monotooth with the arm hair being the worst imo.
totally agree!
Old 05-08-2015, 11:08 AM   #1240
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by shin3000 View Post
If i wrote Seng will double check with the factory and post the double pic, where is the desperate attempt to defend the bad teeth?

I just said there is a soft line, i wrote soft to say it must be thicker. But if you want to understand it the other way, have fun.
GrumpyBear is online now   Reply With Quote