Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 03-21-2024, 03:07 PM   #361
RemydaGambit
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Pros:
*Good likeness
*More accurate body proportions to Chris Evans.
*Love the pose.
*Paint job on the face is great.
*great paint job on the shield.

Neg:
*Severely undersized. He seems to be just slightly taller than my female statues.
He?s supposed to be cap and should look more imposing in height and size.
*the shield looks tiny. Looks more like a toy shield he is carrying.
*from a distance, you lose a lot of the detail so he kinda looks plasticky.

I agree with the post earlier where this is one of those rare instances where the unboxing was underwhelming.
I almost boxed him up that night.
But I?m letting it marinate a little more, he seems to be growing on me a little.
But I?m still unsure.
RemydaGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 09:25 PM   #362
azurepred
Zot

Do you also have the QS 1/4 Joker? It looks undersized like that one too.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 09:42 PM   #363
Frankierock
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Coming up on 3 years since I ordered the Ledger Joker 1/4. I couldn't care less about the piece anymore.
They said it should be in at the end of April, but yeah been a while for sure.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 09:46 PM   #364
Frankierock
Inhumans

Quote:
I'm not sure what would cost me more, losing the NRD, or waiting for it to arrive and selling it.
I got my invoice the other day for this Cap..I canceled him. I was underwhelmed from what I saw, and like you the wait was just too long. Probably cheaper losing the NRD, time plus the cost to ship him to me then to resell at a lower price..I honestly didn?t care any more.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 02:27 AM   #365
nearmint
Phoenix

My review: https://youtu.be/D9u-as-sI4A

nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 03:04 AM   #366
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
I watched your review.

I agree, it’s not so much that it’s under scaled. It’s that everything else is over scaled. So many pieces produced by other manufacturers are over scaled nowadays. So much so, that in order to compete others have had to do the same. So once, a company comes out with a correctly scaled piece, it always risks being called under scaled.

I have all but one of Iron Studios 1/4 scale Captain America’s (3) and they’re all pretty much over scaled.

Just look at Prime 1 too, their scales are all over the place, even within the same release line. But they’re usually on the large size too. The obvious benefit is that by being over scaled, they display better with comic based pieces with their overly large physiques and proportions.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 03:10 AM   #367
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I have all but one of Iron Studios 1/4 scale Captain America?s (3) and they?re all pretty much over scaled.
I'm pretty sure Iron Studios 1:10 statues are overscaled as well...I put my 1:10 Kotobukiya Boba Fett next to my 1:10 IS Mandalorian and Fett was quite noticeably smaller, so I displayed him elsewhere.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 07:57 AM   #368
Omegaman
Doh!

Got mine yesterday from Spec. Completely content with it at the price point. No regrets here.
Omegaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 09:07 AM   #369
Lugnuts
Birdman

Quote:
Coming up on 3 years since I ordered the Ledger Joker 1/4. I couldn't care less about the piece anymore.
I had to harass spec fiction like once a month from February 2023 until I finally got it in August 2023. I thought it was spec's fault but now I know it's queens fault. I'm glad I have a good 1/4 ledger joker but it wasn't worth a 2 year wait.
Queen makes some good looking stuff, but they are so sloooooooooooow. Never buying anything from them again.
Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 01:29 PM   #370
RemydaGambit
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I watched your review.

I agree, it?s not so much that it?s under scaled. It?s that everything else is over scaled. So many pieces produced by other manufacturers are over scaled nowadays. So much so, that in order to compete others have had to do the same. So once, a company comes out with a correctly scaled piece, it always risks being called under scaled.
I have all but one of Iron Studios 1/4 scale Captain America?s (3) and they?re all pretty much over scaled.

Just look at Prime 1 too, their scales are all over the place, even within the same release line. But they?re usually on the large size too. The obvious benefit is that by being over scaled, they display better with comic based pieces with their overly large physiques and proportions.
You are correct.
Most of my statues are also oversized, along with characters that are also huge, like Venom, Bane, P1 Batman on Bike, and an oversized IS Endgame Cap, making him look puny.
After watching Nearmint's video, I got the tape measure and he is indeed around 19" which brings him to 6'3-6'4 range which is right around Evan's size with the boots.
I have a custom Rogue that in the beginning looked like its the same size as this Cap, but she's on a taller Sentinel Base, and when I just measure her itself, she's around 5'7-5-8.
I think this statue having a short small base makes him look undersized.

So, thank you and Secret Sanctuary for the clarification, cause that is my biggest nitpick on this statue.
I do feel a little better now knowing its actually scaled properly.
RemydaGambit is offline   Reply With Quote