Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 01-04-2012, 11:39 PM   #1
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Justin Ishmael Interview and the inner workings of Mondo

http://collider.com/justin-ishmael-m...erview/135370/

An interesting read and a few answers straight from the horses mouth so to speak.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #2
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

The whole explaination of the pursuit of the posters is malarky if you ask me. It starts at the 5:33 mark.

http://collider.com/justin-ishmael-m...erview/135370/

I get the limited license but there is no way that this exlaination jives with the sheer volume of pieces that land in the hands of the same people to be flipped on eBay over and over.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:01 AM   #3
Awesome
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

If you know what you are doing you will never miss a print, the only time I missed one where I really wanted one is Frankenstein because I got up for like 20 seconds. All the rest that I wanted I bought.
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:32 AM   #4
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
If you know what you are doing you will never miss a print, the only time I missed one where I really wanted one is Frankenstein because I got up for like 20 seconds. All the rest that I wanted I bought.
You keep saying that man but I am not buying it. I need to just refer you back to the "this week" thread and look at the Dracula and Gremlins drops and the tactics employed by folks trying for them. The methods used were pretty fool proof and almost no one got what they wanted as far as SF members go.

When fans are left holding the bag but eBay sellers have them in spades you don't have to be a detective to see that there is something fishy going on.

I am happy to be enlightened if you want to share your tactics with me either here or via PM, if not I am left with hypothesise
Old 01-05-2012, 01:07 AM   #5
madmanny

I would also like to be enlightened
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:52 AM   #6
Kingofthehill78
King Mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
So how do you get a poster when the site crashes? I didn't even make it to the checkout part and I was f5 it till it appeared. I didn't go for the variant. I just went for the reg and couldn't do anything because the whole system froze.Do you have some magical uncrash program that allows you to purchase items that others can't ?
Kingofthehill78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:29 PM   #7
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

You have to be FAST! Its really as simple as that. You need to check out before the tweets are sent. If you are still in the checkout process and the tweet goes out the site slows way down or crashes. 9 times out of 10, I've completed my purchase before the tweet even goes out.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #8
ReplicantSavior

I'll check out that interview tonight.

I still haven't picked up a Mondo poster yet. I have a feeling that getting one on their site would require a day off from work or privacy at work. Then simply refreshing the site around the time the posters usually go up along with waiting for the twitter post. Probably, as Monster says, you want to have your order going before the twitter message. As I'm sure, as the twitter posts state, that the posters are put up before the twitter message. There will be a bit of a time delay between sending and receiving the twitter message.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:07 PM   #9
ReplicantSavior

That interview is really good and honest. I'm sure Mondo is finished with Star Wars after hearing his thoughts on the prequels.

I have a feeling that this year will be the year I pick up a Mondo poster. With DC, an original Struzan piece, a major videogame company, and of course their normal stuff, I'm sure something will interest me.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote