Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-09-2018, 10:43 AM   #1791
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
She is in the case unharmed. As I stated above, you don't see her based on her positioning, you see the saw machine base. SS isn't going to enclose a broken or even starting to break statue.

So you will believe what you want to believe and I will believe what I want to believe. Like I refuse to believe the hypothesis that the entire case was bumped and magically only Rogue was the statue that fell over and broke, while X-23 which is much more vertical didn't suffer at all. And that all of that occurred without taking out the acrylic case they are within.

I choose to believe that broken is broken. I'm not buying this statue due to: price point, the weak EX, and no knowledge of construction and statue materials. But plenty of people are buying. More power to them and I hope that SS engineering doesn't fail them 6 months to a year after getting the piece in hand.

And really, shouldn't it be MORE concerning if she broke by being touched? I mean, we all have to assemble/disassemble statues. Move them around. Shouldn't she not snap like a twig? God forbid you have a kid or pet that might hit your display case. Or walk heavy footed which causes vibrations.

At this point, we are all speculating. So if that's what you want to believe, then so be it. With speculations abound, no one is going to know the truth until SSC comes out and tells us.

But that was my whole point, we are all speculating ...we shouldn't be assuming the cause and think its fact.

The only fact we know is that the Rogue PF that broke was a prototype. Another fact we know is the prototype and production piece will have different support structures.

Whether to take the gamble and buy the production piece after this, is entirely up to each collector.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:45 AM   #1792
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Far right.

Seriously, I can't see her in those pics.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:47 AM   #1793
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenMotors View Post
That was me on the other forum and she said that right to my face. I didn't call her on it, i wasn't looking to be confrontational. I think she was doing damage control. If it got out that SS was telling people the statue broke, I'm sure that will hurt sales, so I get why she did it.
Thank you for letting us know what was said. I wasn't doubting you as much as I can't believe that she actually said it like we were nuts. I applaud you not responding negatively towards her comment, there are MANY people who would have behaved differently. I might have if it was me....or I might have been so stunned that the gaslighting would have worked for 15 mins

I agree with other that Susan was TOLD to say something, but to say the statue was never there is the most idiotic of lies. They could say she was broken -- because she was. But say she was broken accident. But do NOT pretend she was never there. That SCREAMS the breakage was NOT accidental and was structural.

SS reps mock us for "conspiracy theories", and then turn around and play this stunt. GTF outta here with that nonsense.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:49 AM   #1794
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Thank you for letting us know what was said. I wasn't doubting you as much as I can't believe that she actually said it like we were nuts. I applaud you not responding negatively towards her comment, there are MANY people who would have behaved differently. I might have if it was me....or I might have been so stunned that the gaslighting would have worked for 15 mins

I agree with other that Susan was TOLD to say something, but to say the statue was never there is the most idiotic of lies. They could say she was broken -- because she was. But say she was broken accident. But do NOT pretend she was never there. That SCREAMS the breakage was NOT accidental and was structural.

SS reps mock us for "conspiracy theories", and then turn around and play this stunt. GTF outta here with that nonsense.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:56 AM   #1795
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
X2

Damn northern you stole my response haha.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:54 AM   #1796
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Seriously, I can't see her in those pics.
No one can force you to see anything, but you can definitely make out the buzzsaw and her legs.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 12:03 PM   #1797
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
At this point, we are all speculating. So if that's what you want to believe, then so be it. With speculations abound, no one is going to know the truth until SSC comes out and tells us.

But that was my whole point, we are all speculating ...we shouldn't be assuming the cause and think its fact.

The only fact we know is that the Rogue PF that broke was a prototype. Another fact we know is the prototype and production piece will have different support structures.

Whether to take the gamble and buy the production piece after this, is entirely up to each collector.

It's speculation based on past statues that have had issues with structural designs, it's not like this is the first statue that SS has done that has had problems..

Although my understanding is once it's given to the factory, the factory does their own engineering. I'm not sure if that's good or bad...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 12:19 PM   #1798
ukshaun
Hercules

Radd Titan have a video showing Rogue at NYCC 2018
https://youtu.be/__7RaeYW7js
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 12:58 PM   #1799
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

SS did respond on Instagram and acknowledged that Rogue was at NYCC.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181009-095456.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	117917  
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 01:12 PM   #1800
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I love you, Shaughn

"untimely accident"....one hell of a euphemism for gravitational force.

But at least they now admit the statue was there. Better than assuming we're all blind and senile!
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote