Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-08-2014, 09:30 AM   #1681
jedisword
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRodri2540 View Post
Hot Toys recently had a Q & A and they were asked the Following:

Any news regarding the Smooth Criminal figures?

Hot Toys response: " Unfortunately it probably won't be released as our license has ended. The prototype was actually done quite some time ago already but we have received many comments about his facial features and expression from the licensor; therefore, the prototype is not getting approved by the time the license has expired."
---- that really sucks! Its so unfortunate too because a lot of ppl are under the impression this is coming out. Thank you very much for the info. As depressing as it is

Alex, if this is true then shouldn't it be removed from the SSC website?
jedisword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:29 AM   #1682
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

SSAlex...did you miss your weekly DD pic yesterday?
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:20 AM   #1683
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftC View Post
I have a couple of questions for you Alex!

1. Any chance on expanding the lineup of Star Wars Legendary Scale Figures? I love the scale but Old Ben, Maul, and Vader don't tickle my fancy enough for $2k. I'd love a Sidious with Lightsaber or an alien prequel jedi design.

2. Why hasn't Sideshow done anything with Mace Windu in Statues? Is anything planned for him?

3. Forgive me if this has been asked but I couldn't find anything. Is Sideshow working on any Dark Knight Trilogy stuff in the statue department since you have the DC license? I'd be all over Batman and Joker PFs.
Unfortunately I have 0 information to share for all three questions. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mascarade View Post
Hi alex,

Will new star wars mythos statues ever get made?
Mythos and anything EU related is in a holding pattern currently. Characters/storylines/etc. not seen in the original films, prequel films, and Clone Wars TV show cannot be visited at this time. Perhaps that will change in the future once the new movies are released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
hey alex seeing as you have seen the daredevil pf in person, how prominent or noticeable is the texturing on the suit. in the blog photos it appears very rough, is it less noticeable in person? I really like everything about the piece except for that aspect and unfortunately its covering the entire thing
I've seen it in person and didn't find the costume off putting in any way. It has a texture but not one that looked off to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Hi, SSAlex.I just have 3 questions for you, which are=
A.Has sideshow collectables received the prime 1 studio megatron maquette yet?
B.How long after sideshow receives them will they start shipping them out to other retailers?
C.Are there any updates regarding the alien queen hive with the eggs?Cheers!
A. I think it just arrived sometime this week!
B. I already answered this question previously
C. I have no update on this project at this time. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Probably temporary but just a heads up, the site is down, main page works fine but when I try to sign in or view a product it says "Internal Server Error"

I'm in the UK if it makes any difference...
Are you still having an issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorc View Post
Hi SSAlex, thank you for your time, have sideshow plans for a new Han Solo premium format figure for this year?
I'm sure Han will be revisited again in the future but when I do not know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemooo View Post
Hi Alex,
when can we expect this!!
There is more Predator items in the future! What Predators they'll be...I cannot say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedisword View Post
Hi Alex,
About the Michael Jackson Figure the reason I asked is because his new album is being released soon and that figure has been in the Coming Soon page for a VERY long time. Also on the site it reads "King ON Pop" instead of "King OF Pop" lol. Thought I'd point that out as well. So not even an inkling of news? From the coming soon section alone I can bet that I'm not the only one that wants to know? Could you pleeaaaase find out for me ?
Hot Toys does not release information directly to us about future products, so I will not be able to find such info out. Sorry.

Quote:

Hot Toys response: " Unfortunately it probably won't be released as our license has ended. The prototype was actually done quite some time ago already but we have received many comments about his facial features and expression from the licensor; therefore, the prototype is not getting approved by the time the license has expired."
Source for this Q&A? Was this from the article posted on April 1st? If so...this is 100% completely false information. There was a pretty extensive Q&A posted on April 1st by a site, that I cannot recall, that proved to be false.

Unless this pulled directly from an article from Milk Magazine or from Hot Toys site/Facebook page directly I would take such Q&A's with a grain of salt.

Can you please provide the source of the Q&A you posted when you have a chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
SSAlex...did you miss your weekly DD pic yesterday?
A little. ;-)
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:47 AM   #1684
SwiftC
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
Mythos and anything EU related is in a holding pattern currently. Characters/storylines/etc. not seen in the original films, prequel films, and Clone Wars TV show cannot be visited at this time. Perhaps that will change in the future once the new movies are released.
Ok now I'm angry. Actually I'm furious. Go **** yourselves Disney.
SwiftC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:57 AM   #1685
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:

Thanks for that. I was waiting for this one as I didn't completely love any of the four versions out to date. Sucks that I will go without pending a license renewal or new licensee.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:38 PM   #1686
JRodri2540
The Avengers

Quote:

Source for this Q&A? Was this from the article posted on April 1st? If so...this is 100% completely false information. There was a pretty extensive Q&A posted on April 1st by a site, that I cannot recall, that proved to be false.

Unless this pulled directly from an article from Milk Magazine or from Hot Toys site/Facebook page directly I would take such Q&A's with a grain of salt.

Can you please provide the source of the Q&A you posted when you have a chance?
The source of the Q&A was One Sixth Republics Blog posted on April 28th. Link is below

http://onesixthrepublic.blogspot.com...ys-by-osr.html
JRodri2540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:48 PM   #1687
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Are you still having an issue?
No thank you, must have been a temporary issue, just wanted to give you a heads up..
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:34 PM   #1688
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

Quote:
I guess I don't see why the Mythos line needs to be put on hold when most of the statues were depicting characters from the films. The whole point of the line was to offer more artistic interpretations of these iconic characters. And if "artistic interpretation" falls too far outside of Disney's licensing parameters, that seems pretty draconian to me.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:56 PM   #1689
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

^ agreed with this.. what has this to do with the EU ??
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:57 PM   #1690
fanou
Doh!

Hi SSAlex

Can we expect others statue from the horror franchise FRIDAY THE 13TH and TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE
Thanks
fanou is offline   Reply With Quote