Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 03-21-2016, 01:10 AM   #111
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

So I got a chance to look at She Ra's portrait on a computer monitor rather than a cell phone, and the portrait looks nothing at all like She-Ra from the cartoons. In fact, this looks like a Barbie doll with she ra clothing on. Only giving my honest opinion here, and not trying to bash it. It really looks like a removed doll head.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 02:12 AM   #112
manboy
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Im sorry you dont like it.

The face is perfect according to MOTU expert Emiliano Santalucia and Mattel.

No changes.
No purchase then. I've bought all the MOTU statues so far and love them but sorry to say , the face is just not working. Forehead is too big and it does look like a Barbie doll. 95% of the statue works but the face is crucial and throws off the whole thing. As far as having this "vetted", I don't personally care that Mattel approved it , they also approved that awful she-ra bust that sideshow put out.

Anyway , they can't all be home-runs. Love the rest of the line and hoping for merman soon !!
manboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 03:19 AM   #113
BLADES OF STEAL
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

I'll order 2 of these.
BLADES OF STEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 05:11 AM   #114
galaxyconvoy
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manboy View Post
No purchase then. I've bought all the MOTU statues so far and love them but sorry to say , the face is just not working. Forehead is too big and it does look like a Barbie doll. 95% of the statue works but the face is crucial and throws off the whole thing. As far as having this "vetted", I don't personally care that Mattel approved it , they also approved that awful she-ra bust that sideshow put out.

Anyway , they can't all be home-runs. Love the rest of the line and hoping for merman soon !!
I completely agree with you. As I said the statue is a Barbie doll with She-ra clothing. AND I DON'T CARE IF MATTEL APPROUVE IT... THEY ALSO APPROVED THE UGLY BUST OF SHE-RA FROM SIDESHOW.

Usually, I never speak on the forum but this time I have to do. She-ra like that is a missed for me. I don't see She-ra... Sorry. The face is wrong.

And I have all the MOTU line.

If PCS make a new head, this will be a great idea. And a good news.
galaxyconvoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:35 AM   #115
Demona
Martian Manhunter

What's great for me is I'm not buying her to fit into the line. She will most likely be stand-alone unless one of the POP villians other than Hordak is made (I would die if Catra ever saw the light of day).

So this base is perfect for me.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:00 AM   #116
dechirico7
The Flash

Definitely not as strong as the other three girls. Not a fan of the pose. I get that it is from her transformation, I still think it could have been more creative.

#highposessuck
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:28 AM   #117
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
What's great for me is I'm not buying her to fit into the line. She will most likely be stand-alone unless one of the POP villians other than Hordak is made (I would die if Catra ever saw the light of day).

So this base is perfect for me.
Catra and Entrapta. I would die is Entrapta take was made.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:34 AM   #118
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post

To me now her face looks like a baby, not a babe.
this is my feeling as well. she is not as faithful to the cartoon as the others. I may pass unless newer pics sway me.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:40 AM   #119
Cheshire76
A day without sunshine is like... night.

yeh, like only a fraction long in the forehead, not much in it, you can see it when you look from the eyebrows to the top of the hair...the rest of her face is spot on, i like it....the grey base looks cool, good to see a higher base here, to measure up with he-man's base.
Cheshire76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:56 AM   #120
qz33
Doctor Doom

Been looking over the 2 pics and I think for me the eyes are too rounded. Even the unpainted sculpt looked like the eyes were too large to me.

Hopefully new pictures will change what I see here.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote