Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-01-2016, 11:45 PM   #121
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Xenomorph isn't the name of their species, they were never officially given one. The name "Internecivius Raptus" has been suggested in the extras. It translates as murderous thief which seems appropriate. The Rex part is probably just a fun little addition by Sideshow. Rex - the reigning king.
If you watch Aliens, when Gorman is briefing the marines, he says ''And that a Xenomorph may be involved''.So I think that's where the name originated from.
jinkazama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:11 AM   #122
Parallax
Nightwing

Xenomorph is the name of the species.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:30 AM   #123
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
Xenomorph is the name of the species.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:06 AM   #124
Igo
Producer
Producer

Im assuming that "Internecivius Raptus" was originally more the scientific name, and "Xenomorph" was a short-hand created later, and "Bugs" are an even further short-hand, what I think Hudson called them.

"King Bug" OR "Big Bug" or…. "GAME OVER MAN!"
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 01:00 PM   #125
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
Im assuming that "Internecivius Raptus" was originally more the scientific name, and "Xenomorph" was a short-hand created later, and "Bugs" are an even further short-hand, what I think Hudson called them.

"King Bug" OR "Big Bug" or…. "GAME OVER MAN!"
I think Hudson asked if it was another bug hunt...
Old 05-02-2016, 01:05 PM   #126
jinkazama
Cobra Command

I just want to say to Igo and everybody else at sideshow collectables, congrats on the Alien King Maquette, truly a work of art, even if it's not in any of the Alien movies.
Old 05-02-2016, 03:51 PM   #127
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
I don't understand how a "King" even works as they are based off insects. Looks cool but yeah, easy pass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
Im shocked with how literal you're taking this that you're not critiquing how the statue isnt wearing a crown.
In terms of the Alien-ology of how they function as a hive, I can understand his point with the Queen and her drones. Where does that leave the function of a "King" in their insect-inspired design.

If one ponders on this too much, it may infringe upon the nookie time with one's lady.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 04:13 PM   #128
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky Panky View Post
If one ponders on this too much, it may infringe upon the nookie time with one's lady.

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:08 PM   #129
Igo
Producer
Producer

It could also be a new type of Alien Queen that was discovered, and they just called it a "King" to differentiate it rather than "Queen ver02."

THERE ARE SO MANY POSSIBILITIES
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:23 PM   #130
Parallax
Nightwing

They're insect-LIKE, not insects. They're also a fictional alien species that exist outside of earth, leaving no real reason why they should follow the rules of insects. But while we're on the topic of insects, termites can switch genders, making the reproducing insect both the king and queen of the colony. Without proof that a Xenomorph can't switch gender, there's no reason to believe that a king can't exist. Again, if we're following the laws of insects.

It's a science fiction franchise, and a great one at that. The genuis comes from a wild imagination. We're not used to a colony of ants or a bee hive having a king. We know what a queen does, but what the hell do they need a king for? Could he actually be the head of the Xenomorph colony? Could he be more intelligent and lead them in battle? It's something new, which is super exciting to me.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote