Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-08-2021, 08:06 PM   #91
stevo84
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
I didn’t use the tension rod. I believe he used it to support the glass shelf Which I don’t have.

I also recommend buying some melamine edge tape to finish the fronts of the shelves after installing the metal braces. Will give them a clean finish to match the rest of the Pax faux wood finish.

Ive had these cabinets now for 4+ years and they look great. A couple of the shelves have 60lbs+ of statues and I don’t see any warping. The metal braces (on front and back) of each shelf make a big difference in overall rigidity and strength.
Ah this is good to know, Having issues with the doors from Ikea was what stopped me purchasing a Pax but I need to invest in more storage for my display as I have about 15 statues on PO and need to get them situated on my display walls.

Is this the metal braces?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Rubberma...TLTY/100133076

Did you use 1 brace per shelf? Or more?
stevo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 04:24 PM   #92
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo84 View Post
Ah this is good to know, Having issues with the doors from Ikea was what stopped me purchasing a Pax but I need to invest in more storage for my display as I have about 15 statues on PO and need to get them situated on my display walls.

Is this the metal braces?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Rubberma...TLTY/100133076

Did you use 1 brace per shelf? Or more?
I can't tell from the pic if that's the thin or full width brackets. Best thing to do is go to homedepot or Lowes and buy the right size one, preferable in black so you don't have to spray paint them.

I used 2 braces (front and back) per shelf.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 04:25 PM   #93
stevo84
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
I can't tell from the pic if that's the thin or full width brackets. Best thing to do is go to homedepot or Lowes and buy the right size one, preferable in black so you don't have to spray paint them.

I used 2 braces (front and back) per shelf.
Much appreciated It answered a few of the instructions in the guide I didn't understand. Thanks again.
stevo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 02:45 PM   #94
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
Question: this is my first time dealing with Prime 1 economy shipping. Back at the end of February, I had two UPS tracking numbers show up in UPS My Choice. I finally figured out that the numbers related to my Prime 1 black suit Superman order.

They’ve been listed as “Order Processed: Ready for UPS” since then. But nothing has changed.

Does anybody know Prime 1 enter the UPS shipping info when the item leaves Asia, or when it arrives in the US, or what?
Well, I got an answer from Prime 1, so I’ll answer my own question in case it helps anybody else:

They go ahead and get the UPS tracking assigned while the ship is at sea, so in my case, those tracking numbers will likely sit idle for several weeks until the boat gets here.
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 03:01 PM   #95
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
Well, I got an answer from Prime 1, so I’ll answer my own question in case it helps anybody else:

They go ahead and get the UPS tracking assigned while the ship is at sea, so in my case, those tracking numbers will likely sit idle for several weeks until the boat gets here.
Sorry for the late reply to your question Mammal but I ordered two statues directly from Prime 1 and I have 4 on PO from them currently.

When they were shipped to me, all I got was a China Post Tracking Notice and I was informed by Prime 1 that once it hit stateside, that I would get a local tracking number from either UPS, FedEx or DLH. I actually never got the local tracking number and my statues arrived within 4-8 weeks without the local tracking information.
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote