Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 01-06-2005, 07:10 PM   #21
Perna
Budda Budda Bamfer!
Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf
His art IS incredible!
And Finch is a canadian living in the U.S. I've met him a few times and he's great to talk to.
Perna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 07:39 PM   #22
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I don't remember if Jessica could fly without her costume in the 3rd series of Spider-Woman. I have all 18 but like you I'm not going to drag them out. Maybe I didn't pay much attention to it because before the Forum I had no one to talk to about comics.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 02:13 AM   #23
Perna
Budda Budda Bamfer!
Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77
She could only glide on the air current with her glider wings. Now she is not in costume and she can take off.
No no no. The comic I seen her flying was an old comic from the 80's. She was in her civilian clothes and flew out the window.
Perna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 02:16 AM   #24
Bartman256
The X-Men

I have to say it...

I'm enjoying this title!

I love what Bendis is doing with Sentry.

Here's a character that no one cared about. The whole thing was a big "scam" (supposed to have been created in the Silver Age by Stan & Co & never used). The whole thing was untrue.
The character flopped & disappeared.
Bartman256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 05:30 AM   #25
MiamiLoco
BD is the best (and I'm not talkin' about Bowen Designs)!!!

Quote:
but Carnage is a vampiric symbiot living off the energy of others
Ok guys, before you go BENDIS BASHING; didn't the VENOM arc in Spectacular Spider-Man have the police trying to find the killer who drained his victims (I think he even left teeth marks, I'm not sure)?? Now, Bendis had NOTHING to do with that Venom revamp and since Carnage is basically the "son" of Venom I guess it's only fair to make him also a "vampire." So don't go Bendis Bashing :P
MiamiLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 11:46 AM   #26
bat_collector
Galactus

Speaking of Venom

Can someone tell me if Venom is still attached to Eddie Brock?
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 12:42 PM   #27
MiamiLoco
BD is the best (and I'm not talkin' about Bowen Designs)!!!

Well in the end of that Spectacular Spider-Man arc, Eddie was dying and the only way he could survive would be to be bonded with the symbiote. In Millar's Spider-Man book, Eddie decides he wants to die and auctions off his symbiote to the higest bidder. But since continuity is kind of screwy in the Marvel universe, your answer is, who knows :P
MiamiLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 04:24 PM   #28
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector
Can someone tell me if Venom is still attached to Eddie Brock?
No, he's not. If you read the Marvel Knights Spider-Man series you'll see Brock auctioned the symbiote off to the highest bidder to get money to give to charity (to make up for his many years of evil). He then cut his own wrists and was left bleeding to death after he'd given the money away. The cancer was killing him quickly anyway.

The sybiote went to the son of a gang lord who tried to become the new Venom, attacked Spider-Man, and was stomped by Spidey. The alien costume then went off and found Mac Gargan, the Scorpion, and bonds with him in the issue coming out next Wednesday to join with a crew of super villains ganging up against Spidey and the Black Cat in an arc called "Last Stand."
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 04:25 PM   #29
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLoco
Ok guys, before you go BENDIS BASHING; didn't the VENOM arc in Spectacular Spider-Man have the police trying to find the killer who drained his victims (I think he even left teeth marks, I'm not sure)?? Now, Bendis had NOTHING to do with that Venom revamp and since Carnage is basically the "son" of Venom I guess it's only fair to make him also a "vampire." So don't go Bendis Bashing :P
In that arc we was syphoning off people's adrenaline. This is a brand new take on the Venom mythos. What you say is true about Venom but is not something Carnage ever did, nor is it something Venom ever did before and, frankly, was kind of a stupid riff on a character who's been around a couple of decades. Carnage is a different entity than Venom (doesn't shoot webbing, unlike Venom, for instance) so he doesn't have to mimic his powers/abilities exactly, anyway.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 04:31 PM   #30
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf
No, he's not. If you read the Marvel Knights Spider-Man series you'll see Brock auctioned the symbiote off to the highest bidder to get money to give to charity (to make up for his many years of evil). He then cut his own wrists and was left bleeding to death after he'd given the money away. The cancer was killing him quickly anyway.

The sybiote went to the son of a gang lord who tried to become the new Venom, attacked Spider-Man, and was stomped by Spidey. The alien costume then went off and found Mac Gargan, the Scorpion, and bonds with him in the issue coming out next Wednesday to join with a crew of super villains ganging up against Spidey and the Black Cat in an arc called "Last Stand."
Well, I guess I'm not a Venom fan anymore.

Bring back Eddie Brock! ANd auctioning off the suit? Come on, you know it would fall into wrong hands!
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote