Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-03-2019, 12:32 AM   #601
craigcliff1
Zot

Use to be cool when ES were not as big and SSC had PPO. I use to get so hyped.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 01:00 AM   #602
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
Think the last time i was feeling that was for the Iron Man Mark III Maquette. Kept refreshing page for when it was up for PO when i was at work
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 01:49 AM   #603
craigcliff1
Zot

Yes the excitment has been getting less and less this decade, when SSC started to have larger ES and didn't have PPOs anymore, now you can wait for years to order. BBTS has IA TF statues I want, I can barlety get myself to order them, part is just not that excited anymore about statue collecting, then try and keep myself excited by waiting to order. That also goes for waiting for a piece to ship, I love when I get a delay, I know once I get the statue I am bored. Wasn't like that for me 10 years ago.
Might be that I order so few statue now that I put my focus on just that one piece, so I bore so much faster. Also miss having a statue show up each couple of weeks
Old 09-03-2019, 03:35 AM   #604
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Remember PCS street fighter 1:3 early releases were sold out in mins and people who missed out cause a riot 24/7 for months on the forums. Then now they go for 40-50% below retail with a tiny Es as well. Fast sell outs in mins doesn’t ensure a valuable collectible either. Once more companies make the same characters mostly every thing will drop.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 05:06 AM   #605
Rav
The Spirit

Yeah, the excitement has pretty much deflated from the hobby. The funny thing is when ES was low, the statues sold like hot cakes and the boards were abuzz with activity. Now with bloated Edition Sizes it has slowed down to a crawl, and a lot of the steam and excitement has dissipated from the collectible community. It is hard to get excited about statues worth hundreds or thousands of dollars when they will be readily available months and years down the line sometimes for a discount. Other players have also moved in and there are so many options with bloated edition sizes that the demand curve is no longer there.
Rav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 05:41 AM   #606
craigcliff1
Zot

I use to love to come to here and Freaks to read so many pages on a statue, but now so few pages on almost any statue. Some would get 100 to say 1000 pages, now few can reach 100 pages, many just get 1-2 pages, others just a couple of post. This statues is awesome and yet not gotten to 100 pages.
Old 09-03-2019, 09:38 AM   #607
Rav
The Spirit

Quote:
I use to love to come to here and Freaks to read so many pages on a statue, but now so few pages on almost any statue. Some would get 100 to say 100 pages, now few can reach 100 pages, many just get 1-2 pages, others just a couple of post. This statues is awesome and yet not gotten to 100 pages.
QFT
Rav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 11:16 AM   #608
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
I use to love to come to here and Freaks to read so many pages on a statue, but now so few pages on almost any statue. Some would get 100 to say 100 pages, now few can reach 100 pages, many just get 1-2 pages, others just a couple of post. This statues is awesome and yet not gotten to 100 pages.
I think it was more fun when it was a niche hobby, now it's become more mainstream with so many companies flooding the market with so many new statues.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 12:12 PM   #609
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I think it was more fun when it was a niche hobby, now it's become more mainstream with so many companies flooding the market with so many new statues.
Couldn’t agree more. Nothing feels special anymore. There is so much less excitement during preorders and releases.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 01:18 PM   #610
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Quote:
Yes the excitment has been getting less and less this decade, when SSC started to have larger ES and didn't have PPOs anymore, now you can wait for years to order. BBTS has IA TF statues I want, I can barlety get myself to order them, part is just not that excited anymore about statue collecting, then try and keep myself excited by waiting to order. That also goes for waiting for a piece to ship, I love when I get a delay, I know once I get the statue I am bored. Wasn't like that for me 10 years ago.
Might be that I order so few statue now that I put my focus on just that one piece, so I bore so much faster. Also miss having a statue show up each couple of weeks
Sounds like you were in the hobby for the wrong reason my good man. Seems you were in for the thrill of the PO and the “exclusivity” of it all, rather than the artistry.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote