Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Sculptor's Pit Stop

Old 06-03-2005, 12:35 PM   #11
Kdawg59
Sculptor of Gods
ProducerSculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13
What do you mean? The actual sculpting process?
yeah sculpting capes is the great sculptor conundrum... everyone just kinda does it. There's no sure-fire way that sculptor's cobble them together...

Everyone has their own way and they pray they look right when done
Old 06-03-2005, 12:38 PM   #12
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdawg59
yeah sculpting capes is the great sculptor conundrum... everyone just kinda does it. There's no sure-fire way that sculptor's cobble them together...

Everyone has their own way and they pray they look right when done
I didnt think a cape would be so tricky to do...

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 01:22 PM   #13
JohnCleary
Sculptor
Sculptor

I'll be sculpting a cape soon on my Doctor Strange. I'll probably just roll out flat clay drape it over the bake figure and pose it. I'm not sure if the cape will be baked as a seperate piece or not. Course I'll have to trim it real nice and add cool details and creases. Should be fun though.
JohnCleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 01:25 PM   #14
Kdawg59
Sculptor of Gods
ProducerSculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13
I didnt think a cape would be so tricky to do...
I would sculpt 15 faces in a month versus having to do one cape any way other than Baity's...

probably why I haven't finished Batman yet since I have tried 8 times already to get a cape I like... will be doing number 9 this summer!
Old 06-04-2005, 11:56 AM   #15
Mangus
Sculptor
Sculptor

Aves Works
Mangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 06:17 PM   #16
Tommy Allison
Sculptor
Sculptor

I like using Aves, but different capes require different materials. I've used probably 15 different kinds of materials to make capes, and every single one of them was different, for a different sculpt.

Check Out My Blog at....

http://madrobotstudios.blogspot.com

My portfolio is...

http://www.comicspace.com/madrobotommy
Tommy Allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 05:22 PM   #17
Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios

Hey Giovani, what's up man ?????

I can't believe you forgot everything I taught you !!!!!!!

Giovani is one of my best friends in Brazil, actually he was my " Best Man " at my wedding .... And he also was an student of mine when I use to teach How to sculpting a super Hero figure with Epoxi Clay !!!!

Well but it was a while ago and I think I never taught him how to make a cape !!! heheheh... sorry man ( but you can't ask your money back !!! )

Well, to make a beautiful cape you must first have to much patience and a lot of determination ....

I use super sculpey to make my capes and until now is the best way to make one in my opinion !!!! Just get a rolling pin and spread your ss like a pizza ( a little bit of water on the table will make it easier )

After that cut the cape in the exactly shape and size it suppose to has... after that put two drops of super glue in the both corners of the neck of the figure you want the cape and glue the cape around the neck of the statue.

Let it fall over the shoulders and the back of the statue and adjust the symmetry of the both sides.

get some tape and fix at the ends of the cape and pull it in the direction you want the cape " flows " given the movement and format that you want

fix the other end of the tape on the table or on some object to keep the cape in the format you want, after that use the heat gun to bake the whole cape

after the cape is hard, cut off the tapes and take it from the neck of the statue, and give the finishing with sand paper !!!!!!

It's simple like that !!!

I will post some pics of the last cape that I made so you guys will understand better !!!

Abracos Giovani, e ve se joga esse durepoxi fora e experimenta de uma vez SUPER SCULPEY !!!!!

best,
Arahom Radjah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 05:32 PM   #18
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Edna says, "No capes!"
Old 06-23-2005, 08:02 PM   #19
carlo giovanni
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

My friend Arahom, i thank you about your words.
Here is hard to find Super Sculpey, but i will try with the possibilities i have here.

Best regards
carlo giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 08:27 AM   #20
freaky yves
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arahom Radjah
Hey Giovani, what's up man ?????

I can't believe you forgot everything I taught you !!!!!!!

Giovani is one of my best friends in Brazil, actually he was my " Best Man " at my wedding .... And he also was an student of mine when I use to teach How to sculpting a super Hero figure with Epoxi Clay !!!!

Well but it was a while ago and I think I never taught him how to make a cape !!! heheheh... sorry man ( but you can't ask your money back !!! )

Well, to make a beautiful cape you must first have to much patience and a lot of determination ....

I use super sculpey to make my capes and until now is the best way to make one in my opinion !!!! Just get a rolling pin and spread your ss like a pizza ( a little bit of water on the table will make it easier )

After that cut the cape in the exactly shape and size it suppose to has... after that put two drops of super glue in the both corners of the neck of the figure you want the cape and glue the cape around the neck of the statue.

Let it fall over the shoulders and the back of the statue and adjust the symmetry of the both sides.

get some tape and fix at the ends of the cape and pull it in the direction you want the cape " flows " given the movement and format that you want

fix the other end of the tape on the table or on some object to keep the cape in the format you want, after that use the heat gun to bake the whole cape

after the cape is hard, cut off the tapes and take it from the neck of the statue, and give the finishing with sand paper !!!!!!

It's simple like that !!!

I will post some pics of the last cape that I made so you guys will understand better !!!

Abracos Giovani, e ve se joga esse durepoxi fora e experimenta de uma vez SUPER SCULPEY !!!!!

best,

the pics please.... it wil realy help
freaky yves is offline   Reply With Quote