Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 01-11-2018, 11:17 AM   #221
azurepred
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I messaged them on FB with no response about it... I sure wish Prime 1 would hurry up and preview their version. I need one of these in my life and could do with more info to decide which.
for me, this would be the one to get IF they put an ES on this just because of the space saving pose. I know Prime would do a more dynamic pose with a big themed base, but space is a premium for me. It looks pretty classy with the case and has a cool story behind it (being scaled down exactly from the museum prop). If no ES, no buy for me though
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:31 PM   #222
Python
Omega Red

Yeah, I'm surprised his doesn't have an ES yet...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:53 PM   #223
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Does someone know if this gets a signed COA like the Giger bust? The Giger bust was approved by the Giger museum but isnt this one approved as well?
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:10 PM   #224
Python
Omega Red

It's possible it will be added. I seem to remember them saying that something extra was lined up for this. And it was some time after the head went up for P.O that the COA was added. There's really very little info on this all around. It needs an ES and that COA adding. Any other producer and this beautiful thing would have sold itself....
Old 01-22-2018, 03:35 PM   #225
ALIEN
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverine View Post
Does someone know if this gets a signed COA like the Giger bust? The Giger bust was approved by the Giger museum but isnt this one approved as well?
As far as i know it is approved.
Coolprops delivered a production sample to the museum a while ago and it's currently positioned close to the original statue within the museum.

I did pre-order this but agree there should be more info on the edition size. Maybe 850 like the Big Chap head?

Coolprops now have the scan data from when they visited the museum to scan the original body. I did ask if they ever intended on producing a lifesize, they did not rule it out BUT said it was not planned for the moment.

ALIEN
ALIEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 02:30 PM   #226
Python
Omega Red

I messaged them about the ES ages ago and had forgotten that I'd even asked, but I got a reply back his week...

"Sorry for the late reply.
Giger's Alien 1:3 maquette will be produced limitedly. However, for now we are not announcing the ES number for this. If we are going to announce, we will update with our facebook or official account.

Thanks,
Mika
CoolProps"

It's a shame that CP don't seem to like ES numbers for half of their items weirdly. I understand why it may be easier for them as a smaller company to just make as many as they can rather than produce too many. But you'd think there would be a way of adding an ES towards the end of production when they have a better idea of how many have been made at that point. They don't seem to however, they have said this before but we never did get an ES on the P2 bust etc. Still, it's not the end of the world I suppose, I just like an ES number on my collectibles and it's a hard tradition to grow out of as more companies try to relax them.
Old 02-17-2018, 02:39 PM   #227
BurningRage
Inhumans

Wonder how many shipments Sideshow will get.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 01:33 PM   #228
ALIEN
Sinister Six

Coolprops Big Chap Maquette at Monsterpalooza!

https://youtu.be/k1ilgq13ISI?t=102
ALIEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 01:03 PM   #229
AlwaysAlien
Frackin!

Any more thoughts on this piece? Once I return my Sideshow big chap I am unsure whether to order one of these with it being Coolprops and the reported paint work on their warrior heads. I just wish Prime1 would show their version so I could make a more informed decision!
AlwaysAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 01:09 PM   #230
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysAlien View Post
I just wish Prime1 would show their version so I could make a more informed decision!

Snap!

I *accidently* purchased the Kylo Ren and Darth Maul PF's this month, so my Alien savings have taken a big hit. But I'm still very much wanting either this, or the P1 version. And we really need to see both before deciding.