Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-17-2018, 02:18 PM   #6421
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
If sideshow can produce a 1/3 scale sized Thanos by calling it a maquette, maybe Tweeterhead can do the same and put out 1/4 scale Flash and Martian Manhunter.

Cuz, you know, they're not 1/4 scale, they're maquettes!
No, sideshow has complete control of the 1/4 statue game when it comes to DC statues. No other company can release 1/4 DC statues here in North America without sideshow's OK. To my knowledge, Tweeter isn't in the 1/4 classic game. Oh, how I wish they were.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 02:25 PM   #6422
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
If sideshow can produce a 1/3 scale sized Thanos by calling it a maquette, maybe Tweeterhead can do the same and put out 1/4 scale Flash and Martian Manhunter.

Cuz, you know, they're not 1/4 scale, they're maquettes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
No, sideshow has complete control of the 1/4 statue game when it comes to DC statues. No other company can release 1/4 DC statues here in North America without sideshow's OK. To my knowledge, Tweeter isn't in the 1/4 classic game. Oh, how I wish they were.
Oh, I'm aware of the licenses. I think you might have missed the point of my post.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 02:30 PM   #6423
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Oh, I'm aware of the licenses. I think you might have missed the point of my post.
Sorry, I guess I did. Either way, a good looking 1/4 classic Flash or Martian Manhunter by any company works for me. I only wish Tweeter could give us that. Their Super Powers line is amazing.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:12 PM   #6424
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Any plans to continue the comic GOTG line (at least a Drax and star lord) to wrap things up
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:08 PM   #6425
dmoff
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I second this! Alex, I have to say I'm tremendously upset right now. I have bought the original Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and Aquaman PFs. We are literally only 2 PFs away from completing the classic Big 7 JL lineup and now we are hearing that Flash and Martian Manhunter (if they are ever released) are going to be made to go with the new Trinity PFs. How can sideshow possibly throw their classic fans under the bus like that? I don't care about these revisits getting made. I understand the need to mix things up and appeal to different customers. However, at least complete what was started.

Alex, how is it fair to long time customers that sideshow won't even complete the classic Big 7 lineup? We need a classic Flash and Martian Manhunter PF. Please tell the powers that be at sideshow to finish what they started. As a long time customer I'm beyond irate right now knowing I'll never have a complete classic Big 7 PF lineup. Especially after all the money I spent on the original 5 classic PFs sideshow released. If I knew I wouldn't be able to have a complete Big 7 lineup, I never would've bought any of your classic PFs and I'm strongly considering dropping sideshow products entirely if all we are going to get in the future are PFs with modern sideshowified costumes instead of classic ones.
Sorry for jumping on the bandwagon but I have to agree on principle. I don't own all the classic dc pfs - just superman and batman and some associated villains. I plan on keeping them in a seperate display anyway and may also buy the new ones for a full JLA line up as i think they look great (if they are affordable).

I do feel bad for the collectors that fully invested in the classic JL line up as being short the 2 characters is enough of a glaring hole to make the collection pretty useless in terms of display and if it was me, I'd be pretty mad too.

These collections cost a good deal of money - money that allows Sideshow to operate as a company and gives everyone there their jobs. I would guess that the purchasing of these products is both a pleasure and a hardship for many people due to the costs involved, a hardship they are happy to tolerate because they have longterm goals of owning and displaying a complete, aesthetically pleasing and compatible collection. In this case the customers who did purchase the classic JL pfs are no longer able to have that - not because Sideshow collapsed as a company or because they couldn't get the rights to those characters or because it wasn't possible- they simply decided not to. Whether that was financial or artistic reasons, i dont know, but either way its pretty poor form. I cant imagine it would have been that detrimemtal for Sideshow to just release the Flash and MM pfs and then reboot the line with the new designs. It would have made the fans of the classic line happy with their investment and given some reassurance to others that they can confidently invest in lines without them getting discontinued halfway.

Anyway, sorry Alex, none of thats directed at you personally, we are lucky you take the time to come on here and answer questions on the forum. Just wanted my opinions to be heard.
dmoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:12 PM   #6426
nearmint
Phoenix

After the new trinity, they should release Flash and MM. Who knows, maybe they won't look out of place with the classic DC PFs. We didn't really want a museum pose of the Flash, anyway, did we?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:25 PM   #6427
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
After the new trinity, they should release Flash and MM. Who knows, maybe they won't look out of place with the classic DC PFs. We didn't really want a museum pose of the Flash, anyway, did we?
Stop it.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:06 PM   #6428
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Alex, thanks for answering so many questions (although I know some of these answers aren't going to make some collectors too happy - i.e., Magneto as a maquette, no Flash news, any future DC items in the new style shown at 12 days).
I had a feeling this was going to be a topic. Really bummed for the collectors who bought the first 5 of the JL lineup. The frustrating thing is this - SSC, you don't have to make an ES of 5,000 and lose money on this. No one is making you. I'm sure you could have made smaller ES of Flash and Martian Manhunter (say 750 total of each - 250 EX and 500 Collectors) in their classic costumes and EASILY sold them out (AND made a lot of collectors happy).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:43 PM   #6429
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Hi Alex!

Any chance that we will get a new Cyclops to go along with Wolverine and Magneto? I NEED Astonishing/Modern Cyc!

Thanks!
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:22 PM   #6430
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
The seam on the hair is being taken care of in production to sheer that up.
Thanks for confirming about Taarna, Alex!
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote