Statue Forum 


XM Studios





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > From our Bench

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #11
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member
 
Andrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bristow, Va
Posts: 5,148
Ugh! The Painters Alley being gone is the worst part. If we can't show paint jobs of custom pieces, there isn't much we can show at all.

What isn't licensed these days?
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #12
Punishment1218
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change
 
Punishment1218's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 854
So repaints on licensed stuff isnt allowed? I dont it would be harming anything as long as they arent selling anything. Its just showcasing a painters talent.
Punishment1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:36 AM   #13
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator
 
CKinSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: once in SD now in NC
Posts: 8,707
repaints on licensed stuff is ok to my understanding.
__________________
Recasters suck big time!
Banning is what i do best!!!!
CKinSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:38 AM   #14
Goldenpanther
Kindly Asked To Leave
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 652
What about one of a kind Conversion -

Like If I got a sideshow Pf - and changed it to a different character is this ok or not ?
Goldenpanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:39 AM   #15
nbr3bagshotrow
Mod of the Rings
Super Moderator
 
nbr3bagshotrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Shire
Posts: 32,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenpanther View Post
What about one of a kind Conversion -

Like If I got a sideshow Pf - and changed it to a different character is this ok or not ?
I think we are ok with that.
__________________
The damn thing's invisible!
nbr3bagshotrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #16
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
Painter
 
Vince-Vell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In Da Studio!
Posts: 15,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punishment1218 View Post
So repaints on licensed stuff isnt allowed? I dont it would be harming anything as long as they arent selling anything. Its just showcasing a painters talent.
you can show licensed repaints, custom statues of licensed stuff as long as its a one of a kind.

meaning you cant customized a sideshow item and then recast the hell out of it. But if you purchased that item and then customized it, its fine to show off.

If you purchased a moore item and repainted or tweaked it, its fine to show off.


I think people get confused with customs. Custom is a statue thats been tweaked and made into something else. People been calling statues sculpted from scratch a custom which is not the case, thats just a new statue.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:44 AM   #17
Goldenpanther
Kindly Asked To Leave
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 652
Should I submit Pictures to A mod before I post ? - I can proof it is a one of a kind with original Wip's that it is a one of a kind for my collection.

Sorry I'm just trying to understand If a conversion is consider correct by all Mods and people in the forum I don't mean ask a lot of questions

So If you could be so Kind to explain if a conversion of a character is correct and if so Can I post it ?
Goldenpanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:46 AM   #18
Goldenpanther
Kindly Asked To Leave
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
you can show licensed repaints, custom statues of licensed stuff as long as its a one of a kind.

meaning you cant customized a sideshow item and then recast the hell out of it. But if you purchased that item and then customized it, its fine to show off.

If you purchased a moore item and repainted or tweaked it, its fine to show off.


I think people get confused with customs. Custom is a statue thats been tweaked and made into something else. People been calling statues sculpted from scratch a custom which is not the case, thats just a new statue.
So If I bought a Statue - from Sideshow and I hired a sculptor to Convert it into another character is this ok ? As I didn't customize it my self as I don't have the skills to do this .
Goldenpanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #19
nbr3bagshotrow
Mod of the Rings
Super Moderator
 
nbr3bagshotrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Shire
Posts: 32,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenpanther View Post
So If I bought a Statue - from Sideshow and I hired a sculptor to Convert it into another character is this ok ? As I didn't customize it my self as I don't have the skills to do this .
Yes.
__________________
The damn thing's invisible!
nbr3bagshotrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #20
Goldenpanther
Kindly Asked To Leave
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Yes.
Ok thanks
Goldenpanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:58 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com