Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-21-2017, 10:56 AM   #151
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
So no more opinions and/or pics of this piece huh? Just paid mine off and it shipped today. Hoping that base doesn’t looks so glossy in hand.
mine shipped as well. no inhand review was fond of the base. I dare say it's worse in person. Thankfully myc will come to the rescue.

also make sure to review the assembly instructions online. this one is like a jigsaw puzzle.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:11 PM   #152
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

So what is the verdict on this one? Mind just shipped today.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:24 AM   #153
Pwesty
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
So what is the verdict on this one? Mind just shipped today.
I love mine! I picked up the EX and love having him displayed next to the PF Sandtrooper
Pwesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:06 PM   #154
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Mine arrived today. I absolutely love it. Surprised there is not more buzz about this piece.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 02:48 AM   #155
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Mine arrived today. I absolutely love it. Surprised there is not more buzz about this piece.
Love mine too. Arrived last week but didn’t have a chance to unbox/assemble it until last night. Outside of wishing the light-up feature wasn’t powered exclusively by batteries and the base being a bit more glossy than I’d like I have zero complaints. Overall I’d say it’s the best Imperial Trooper PF I’ve seen.

I will say this. The Death Trooper PF is without question the most challenging PF I’ve had to assemble to date. This thing definitely could’ve benefited from an instruction print out like P1 includes in their statues. This thing was like a puzzle.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:06 AM   #156
Mister H
Green Goblin

Yeah, this one is really good. Makes me wish I was a SW collector. I would like to know more about these Death Troopers. I wonder if they’re human?
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:53 AM   #157
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Yeah, this one is really good. Makes me wish I was a SW collector. I would like to know more about these Death Troopers. I wonder if they’re human?
As far as we’ve seen all the Imperial Troops have indeed been human. I suppose there could be some alien races under those helmets but that doesn’t seem to fit in with the Empire’s format IMO.

Now if you’re implying they might be droids or maybe some sort of cybernetic organism, that’d be interesting. All that being said I’d put my money on straight up humans. These Death Troopers were the Imperial Navy equivalent of a Seal Team.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:01 PM   #158
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

From all canon i know Death Troopers are all human... The Empire is not racist in the terms we think of it. During the Clone wars most of the separatist worlds were from the outer rim. And most of the separatist were humanoid and non human. But not all. As with everything it was a mix. Many in the outer rim remained loyal to the republic and not all humans did. But after the Empire formed the Emperor and many people made no distinction. They punished those worlds and even the people who led rebellions in favor of the republic from those worlds. Thus "aliens" in the Imperial Navy at any sort of high rank were rare. In fact even humans from what they termed wild space were discriminated against. Thus the eyebrows raised at Thrawn's meteoric rise and favor with the Emperor. So this little Star Wars history lesson was to say the Death Troopers from what i understand were all human (any body can jump in and set me straight) and we need a Grand Admiral Thrawn PF sooner rather than later.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:29 PM   #159
Mister H
Green Goblin

Looks like I’m becoming a SW nerd too now. That’s some interesting stuff. The reason I was wondering about the Death Troopers was because of their language/dialect. The speech they used sounded like a mixture of alien and/or machine. Of course not all humans have to speak English, but almost all humans in SW do. That’s what was throwing me off.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:57 PM   #160
HendricksonArt
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Looks like I’m becoming a SW nerd too now. That’s some interesting stuff. The reason I was wondering about the Death Troopers was because of their language/dialect. The speech they used sounded like a mixture of alien and/or machine. Of course not all humans have to speak English, but almost all humans in SW do. That’s what was throwing me off.
It's a scrambler they use so that others don't know what they are saying to each other.

It really is a great piece that isn't getting much exposure. I had to skip it because I had the Rey, BB-8 and Jyn on order but hopefully can pick it up down the road. Would love to see more pics and vids!
HendricksonArt is offline   Reply With Quote