Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-15-2018, 03:49 PM   #21
ambasah
Red Skull

in looking at their site, I believe the default charge is the converted price in your country's currency plus SS conversion fee.

but, you can contact them and ask that the payment be in US funds, which is what I will likely do.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 04:17 PM   #22
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
in looking at their site, I believe the default charge is the converted price in your country's currency plus SS conversion fee.

but, you can contact them and ask that the payment be in US funds, which is what I will likely do.
That's what I did, and was informed that they can't do it as of today and have no info IF I will be able to switch back to USD at all. So if that's the case, I'm paying taxes, duty, high shipping plus, as it seems an extra 1.5% to sideshow for the conversion fee. Great.
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:52 PM   #23
Agoniste
U talkin' to me?

well, I guess now non US residents can pay woth their bank accounts now with paypal bc I could use my paypal account for any orders and flex-rate plans
Agoniste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:26 PM   #24
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
That's what I did, and was informed that they can't do it as of today and have no info IF I will be able to switch back to USD at all. So if that's the case, I'm paying taxes, duty, high shipping plus, as it seems an extra 1.5% to sideshow for the conversion fee. Great.
if it's true it looks more like 2 or 2.5%
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:33 PM   #25
RadAsGhoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_be View Post
if it's true it looks more like 2 or 2.5%
even worse now they changed the currency conversion section information to 'coming soon'. I'm going to be seriously pissed off if this is going to end up obligatory for everyone outside of US.
What's discouraging is the fact that CS doesn't have the info yet, and if that in fact will be final or not.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:53 PM   #26
RadAsGhoul

Just got a mail from the CS, and...they can't switch it back to USD for me. 'maybe' in the future. Effin' great. Just delighted with this.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:37 AM   #27
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Just got a mail from the CS, and...they can't switch it back to USD for me. 'maybe' in the future. Effin' great. Just delighted with this.
what fricken bullcrap.

can someone at SS please chime in to explain why on earth you would decide to implement a change than needlessly costs your customers more money?
Old 01-16-2018, 12:38 AM   #28
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoniste View Post
well, I guess now non US residents can pay woth their bank accounts now with paypal bc I could use my paypal account for any orders and flex-rate plans
what the...we can pay with paypal ?!?

EDIT:

All credit card and PayPal transactions are completed in the collector's local currency.

Due to Paypal terms and conditions, we are only able to accept Paypal for in-stock and pre-orders that we are able to provide an exact shipping cost and final order totals.

In-stock orders will be processed and shipped within 24-48 business hours. To make any changes to an in-stock order, please contact our Customer Service department by telephone at 855-SIDESHOW.

When using Paypal for a pre-order your Paypal account will be charged for the full order total at the time your order is placed. You will be notified when the item is on it’s way to our warehouse via our Estimated Item Arrival and Processing Alert verification emails. When the product arrives you order will be shipped out within 3-5 business day.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:44 AM   #29
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
even worse now they changed the currency conversion section information to 'coming soon'. I'm going to be seriously pissed off if this is going to end up obligatory for everyone outside of US.
What's discouraging is the fact that CS doesn't have the info yet, and if that in fact will be final or not.
It ABSOLUTELY stated we could have it reverted to US funds before they switched it to "coming soon". Wish I took a screen shot.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:00 AM   #30
prototypy
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Not good at all,they charged more by new policy,and I cost more!
I will not accept this.
prototypy is offline   Reply With Quote