+1
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:17 PM   #42
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
Wait, has anything changed since SDCC? I thought Erick said they were going to fix the final version so his right foot wasn't falling off the base. The painter fitted him to the base wrong or something and this wasn't how Erick intended it. Where are these pics from? Is it up for pre-order?
The issue with the foot was addressed on the tool master, when you get the final product said issue won't even be there
Old 09-06-2012, 08:19 PM   #43
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
personally, I'm happy that it doesn't light up. I use those for about 20 seconds when I first get it, and that's it. Also, I don't understand why everybody is bothered by the base. It seemed fitting to me. I suppose people are referring to the rounded bottom with the X marks though, and I just imagine that's a different part of the Danger Room. Just my two cents.
Exactly!
Old 09-06-2012, 08:21 PM   #44
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuhan View Post
I dont really understand why they decided to change the design on the round base. The old one looks so much better than this. Is this like budget cut or something? Make it thinner......

I really like this cyclop, but dont really like the base.
The head like beeing made from cheap thin can. And its a bit too small for cyclops to stand on. From the side, cyclops looks a bit too awkward standing on it.

But cyclops it self is just amazing.
Actually this base is waaaay bigger than the others, you'll see... and glad you like him, I used my own body for reference
Old 09-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #45
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by markecho View Post
so since we have an image of the leader...tried putting him in the line-up (a theoretical one that is)

Thanks Koto - the line is looking awesome.

Still wish we had an alternate head like show here
http://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/news/1...statue-cyclops

but doesn't look like there is a seam for it...but still hoping!
Also seems like there is a common stance between a few of the statues...Wolv, Cyc and Gambit...are all leaning right.
Wow that looks great, thanks for sharing ( new screen saver!) we need a Rogue btw!
Old 09-06-2012, 09:03 PM   #46
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsbells51 View Post
Good stuff markecho! BTW, is this THE Mark Echo? Just curious....

Yes, def missing Psylocke...but bad a$$ regardless!

Bad timing is what it was. I think Koto can now start putting out these B-list characters like Sabretooth and Rogue. At the time these two were up for pre-order Koto was dealing with quality issues and just being new to the Marvel statue business. Now they have proven to improve that quality and they are pretty established IMO. That Rogue is a must! I'd also buy that Sabretooth over the Bowen versions.
Interesting. I didn't know about all the timing of these pieces. I have a couple of Bowen Sabretooth pieces that I would sell the minute I knew that Koto was a definite. I know Bowen has done some great stuff and continues to do so, but for my money, I'm really into the Koto Marvel pieces. It seems that they're at a point where they should really crank it up and be a contender.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:46 PM   #47
streakshooter
Frackin!

Light up visor for cyclops please....
streakshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:21 AM   #48
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
Interesting. I didn't know about all the timing of these pieces. I have a couple of Bowen Sabretooth pieces that I would sell the minute I knew that Koto was a definite. I know Bowen has done some great stuff and continues to do so, but for my money, I'm really into the Koto Marvel pieces. It seems that they're at a point where they should really crank it up and be a contender.
Well, it's really just my opinion on the whole timing situation...it's not a proven fact or anything. At the time, a lot of people had issues with a few statues having paint issues and many seemed to have panicked and balked on further purchases because they didn't want to gamble w/ possible quality issues. Koto was also just making a name for themselves (with Marvel statues) at the time and those to combined didn't bode well for them. IMO, that led to low pre-order #'s and the cancellation of these two.

In a recent poll, Rogue seemed to favor really well! I think now is the time to hit us fans with Rogue and see where it goes from there with the other canceled characters.

If Koto wants to review the poll, here you go: http://statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=126898
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:23 AM   #49
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsbells51 View Post
If Koto wants to review the poll, here you go: http://statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=126898
lol, I can honestly say that barring some crazy issue with the pieces themselves, I'd have picked up every single one of those.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:45 PM   #50
supermn619
The X-Men

Will there be a switch out head?? Like Magneto????
supermn619 is offline   Reply With Quote