Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-08-2019, 09:07 PM   #2931
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
..Have you check the aftermarket lately? Most pieces can be had for lower then retail..This piece is just OK not great like captain marvel or rogue and when another company makes a new one (soon) this will go for a lot less then retail.
This guy didn't take the advice and check before he posted.

Like I said, go look. Go watch. Grab a beer.

Not everyone online has good advice, except maybe me.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 09:19 PM   #2932
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Nope still don’t believe it. Yes she is waitlisted but if they only produced 400 of the 600 EX then it’s not the same.

Why? Simple because in this new age of collecting nothing sells out this quickly. What was the last SS piece that sold out this quickly for both the EX and REG?

As you said 600 is tiny for such a popular character. Think about why...it’s because there was little demand for her during the TBD period. Jean Grey was better received and got an ES of 1200. They don’t just arbitrarily assign the ES. They assign it based on interest during the TBD period.
I just think that the big two destroyed their reputation with their old fans so bad that most of these items are just going to be a hard sell. Marvel practically deleted the X-men long enough for most people to be like "Psylocke who? Oh you mean Olivia Munn? "
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 09:53 PM   #2933
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
This guy didn't take the advice and check before he posted.

Like I said, go look. Go watch. Grab a beer.

Not everyone online has good advice, except maybe me.
Yea, i read what you said..The only one is you thinking this is a great piece and it will hold its value over time..Again i could be wrong but when somebody knocks one out of the park this will drop.. But for me that face is So, i don't care either way.
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 10:00 PM   #2934
iceprince_x
Deadman

Been trying to love this statue but can’t really take that head. The body and base look great! If only they offered both heads, people can be more forgiving.
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 10:00 PM   #2935
iceprince_x
Deadman

Been trying to love this statue but can’t really take that head. The body and base look great! If only they offered both heads, people can be more forgiving.
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 10:45 PM   #2936
mattikebukuro
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Just saw the EX statue exposed in a shop over here.

I believe it's one of the biggest recent fail of Sideshow. The body is incredible, the face is more then meh to be polite and not insulting to any community.

People around here seemed to have the same opinion as I do.

I wouldn't believe either that Sideshow produced the 1800 statues and sold them already. Very few reviews and pics online (Has anyone seen one of the collector's?), very few re-selling (3 on Ebay, 1 at retail, 1 under retail and 1 guy trying to sell it much more expensive).

For people that believe Sideshow wouldn't do that for a small edition size, the Miles Morales is back for pre-order, proving you wrong.
mattikebukuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 10:56 PM   #2937
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattikebukuro View Post

For people that believe Sideshow wouldn't do that for a small edition size, the Miles Morales is back for pre-order, proving you wrong.
Oh wow...never realized that Miles had such a small ES. 1500 total. And it was such a great sculpt.

I was one of the few supporters of the revised headsculpt (at NYCC and the unboxing) but there is no way that they sold through all 1800 Psylocke pieces.

Everyone is gonna believe what they want but I'm gonna go with logic and previous Sideshow history of fake waitlists and multiple runs.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 11:09 PM   #2938
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Oh wow...never realized that Miles had such a small ES. 1500 total. And it was such a great sculpt.

I was one of the few supporters of the revised headsculpt (at NYCC and the unboxing) but there is no way that they sold through all 1800 Psylocke pieces.

Everyone is gonna believe what they want but I'm gonna go with logic and previous Sideshow history of fake waitlists and multiple runs.
Their plan evidently works. Got me to hop on waitlist for her. Agree about Miles too. He has got to be one of my favorites. Brilliant sculpt and beautiful paint colors. Never understood the hate for him, but same can probably be said of Psylocke.

She's definitely going to be available again. No way she went from full-stock to waitlist in under a week.
Agent_J.Warren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 11:11 PM   #2939
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattikebukuro View Post
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 11:20 PM   #2940
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzeroI View Post

darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote