Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 01-19-2020, 11:59 AM   #541
clutch
Sailor Moon

It is a rule that the first in-hand pics of any new statue must suck. It does look better in that second round of pics but they still have zero finesse when it comes to the most important part, the head.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 12:00 PM   #542
greddy2000
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael zhang View Post
I am a happy man! Cross century is connected with SW. Ordinary family lighting shooting, no rendering.The most advanced of all dinosaurs! It means a lot! This is the forerunner of all dinosaurs.Completed the Jurassic wish!
Thanks for sharing Michael. Looks epic and wonderful. The definition of a show stopping center piece for sure!

I don't get how people can nit pick dots and colour shades to such a degree. It looks great! Any argument about poor paint speaks more to the feelings/circumstances of that collector and not to the statue's merits itself.This is representation of a creature that does not exist. Any paint, even by the original modelers are an interpretation. (But I do understand your wishes for movie accurate).
Anyway enjoy this extremely rare addition to your collection. It enhances any collection room. Enough said.
greddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 12:25 PM   #543
clutch
Sailor Moon

It is supposed to be a representation of something from a movie. Not some factory worker's idea of what a trex may have looked like.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 12:51 PM   #544
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
It is supposed to be a representation of something from a movie. Not some factory worker's idea of what a trex may have looked like.
Actually I don't think it is, it looks more like the original maquette paint scheme than the movie darker grey/brown look. I would have been ok with it darker, but it seems they chose the lighter tan look.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 01:48 PM   #545
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Have you seen the size of the box for this...…..
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 03:15 PM   #546
Ninner
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greddy2000 View Post
Thanks for sharing Michael. Looks epic and wonderful. The definition of a show stopping center piece for sure!

I don't get how people can nit pick dots and colour shades to such a degree. It looks great! Any argument about poor paint speaks more to the feelings/circumstances of that collector and not to the statue's merits itself.This is representation of a creature that does not exist. Any paint, even by the original modelers are an interpretation. (But I do understand your wishes for movie accurate).
Anyway enjoy this extremely rare addition to your collection. It enhances any collection room. Enough said.
Well it’s not really nit picking when the item costs 4.5K. For that amount one should be able to expect a flawless product. This piece is impressive in size but a kick ass paint job would have made it impossible to pass on. But that’s just my opinion and I appreciate that not everyone feels the same way. Congrats to those who took the plunge. I used to have the Geene Models 1/8 Rex and this one is 2ft longer than that so I can imagine how huge this thing must be in person!
Ninner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 03:19 PM   #547
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Quote:
I am a happy man! Cross century is connected with SW. Ordinary family lighting shooting, no rendering.The most advanced of all dinosaurs! It means a lot! This is the forerunner of all dinosaurs.Completed the Jurassic wish!

Thanks for sharing those pics.
Thorondor_33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 04:24 PM   #548
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

I have to agree that based on those photos, the paint job is not good or accurate.
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 04:35 PM   #549
Steve evans
The Spirit

Quote:
Wow, Wow, Wow!! It looks superb! Thanks for sharing your photos.

Is it heavy?

I love you collection in the cabinet below, can we see more of that????....two compies, two Pachy's
Steve evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 05:37 PM   #550
Themarkmail
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Yes its a cool collection down there !
Themarkmail is offline   Reply With Quote