Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-08-2012, 01:14 AM   #581
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Whoa nice pics.
Thanks mate . . . I totally agree with you're point about the eyes. They add an element of realism (with both Joker and Bats) that you hardly see anywhere else.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:29 AM   #582
Darkgod
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
OK, so his wardrobe still needs some adjusting but I thought I'd grab a couple of daylight pics when I had the chance. Now just try telling me that's not the best damn (off the shelf) Joker on the market

Now that is much better, so did you Iron the clothes, or just re positioned them? Now the next thing for you to do for the figure to look its absoulte best is to get him in a good pose!

Darkgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:14 AM   #583
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

That looks excellent. Congrats N.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:59 AM   #584
Darkgod
U talkin' to me?

Quote:

I'll follow Cap's advice and give him a bit of physio before I try again. The hands were really on good and I was just worried I was going to damage something. Bats hands were tight but came off easily in comparison to Joker.
I just checked ebay, I never knew the pegs were actually part of the body I thought they could be removed like hot toys ones.

I think it would be better to heat the hands up with a hair dryer, that is what I did for my hot toys hands to get them off the pegs because I remember when I had the DX 01 it was impossible to remove the hands from the pegs. So I got them off the pegs by making them softer.

Of course you could always try Caps way first but when I get this Joker I will be using the hair dryer because I would be too scared I would snap the pegs that are already on the body by moving them back and forth. However, I am not knocking your method Cap, just feel my method is safer, but each to their own.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:15 AM   #585
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
That looks excellent. Congrats N.
Thanks Robert. It is excellent mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgod View Post
I just checked ebay, I never knew the pegs were actually part of the body I thought they could be removed like hot toys ones.

I think it would be better to heat the hands up with a hair dryer, that is what I did for my hot toys hands to get them off the pegs because I remember when I had the DX 01 it was impossible to remove the hands from the pegs. So I got them off the pegs by making them softer.

Of course you could always try Caps way first but when I get this Joker I will be using the hair dryer because I would be too scared I would snap the pegs that are already on the body by moving them back and forth. However, I am not knocking your method Cap, just feel my method is safer, but each to their own.

Thanks for the advice. Might try the gentle persuasion before I try the hair dryer.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:26 AM   #586
Darkgod
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Thanks Robert. It is excellent mate

Thanks for the advice. Might try the gentle persuasion before I try the hair dryer.
That is cool, afterall Cap has a 1/4 scale enterbay figure so he knows how to handle them.

Are the plastic hands soft like rubber or are they hard? I doubt a hair dryer would even work if they are hard like a rock.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:45 AM   #587
Vracula
Jedi Order

this figure is awesome,but if a better fitting coat would bring it on par with bats.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #588
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

The hands are hard plastic. Not a lot of give at all.

No keychain either ?? Anyone got any pics of what that looks like. I got my socks and mask but no key chain ??

Had a closer look at the weapons again tonight. The machine gun seems to be mostly metal but there are some plastic components. The hand gun is plastic, but still nicely done (you can remove the clip and pull back the slide). The knife is definitely plastic but also well done (the blade can be retracted). Pleasantly surprised to find the rocket launcher is also mostly metal with a few plastic components and has a nice bit of heft to it. And the grenades are metal as well (with plastic triggers)
Old 08-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #589
Darkgod
U talkin' to me?

Quote:

No keychain either ?? Anyone got any pics of what that looks like. I got my socks and mask but no key chain ??

Had a closer look at the weapons again tonight. The machine gun seems to be mostly metal but there are some plastic components. The hand gun is plastic, but still nicely done (you can remove the clip and pull back the slide). The knife is definitely plastic but also well done (the blade can be retracted). Pleasantly surprised to find the rocket launcher is also mostly metal with a few plastic components and has a nice bit of heft to it. And the grenades are metal as well (with plastic triggers)
Ok well there goes my idea then

You should have the key chain, but it is in a little packet and not on him. The guy on you tube did a review of this figure and said that. He also said though that most of all the weapons are diecast but you said it is mainly plastic, so maybe he isn't telling the whole truth there.

Here it is below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2cCKBYNQN0
Old 08-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #590
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:

Told ya to check the keychain...some people have reported that EB didn't include it in some of the boxes.
Nice pics bro, makes the wait even harder!!
Great to know about the weapons. Rambo grenades were metal, so I couldn't see they not using for this one.
About the hands, pull that thing out, show no mercy! lol

Here's some more posted by Rorywan...man I need mine now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorywan View Post
Haven't time to futz properly now. The coat is beautiful and is tailored perfectly. The inner jacket is fantastic. Obviously the shoes need a little work (just change the laces really). I will futz and post properly later, here are a couple of literally "out of the box shots".

LOVE IT.
And I rarely say that. Surprisingly in hand this is 100% Joker Ledger.

cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote