Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-02-2016, 01:48 PM   #91
AdamTheAnimal
Fantastic Four

this base is just not working for me. I told them on facebook that a smashed car or just simply some debris would have looked so much better. It just takes the spotlight away from the statue...ahhh man I really wanted this but I don`t think I can get over the base.
AdamTheAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 01:50 PM   #92
AdamTheAnimal
Fantastic Four

So much possibility and yet a subway entrance....I wish they changed it!
Old 06-02-2016, 01:55 PM   #93
lucifixion
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Other than it looking nothing like a NYC subway entrance, I like it.
lucifixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 11:19 PM   #94
AC_808
Hercules

Yea, you're right ...it doesn't look like a NYC subway entrance. Its the railing that's off.

But this is still a fantastic piece. No doubt about that.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 04:49 PM   #95
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamTheAnimal View Post
this base is just not working for me. I told them on facebook that a smashed car or just simply some debris would have looked so much better. It just takes the spotlight away from the statue...ahhh man I really wanted this but I don`t think I can get over the base.
IMO...there is no way this base (as it is now) can take away from the character. WHY? Because he is massive! What difference would a smashed car be from the current one? If XM was to go with what you wanted...the base would probably be bigger with more stuff going on...AND...the end result you feel when you look at it would be that Rhino is smashing something and IMO the eye would even be more focused on what kind of car it is more than likely.

While a smashed car would be great as I like more details and a statue telling a story or scene...it would do no more or no less IMO conveying the power and rampaging ability of Rhino that the current base doesn't do.

I just feel that Rhino is so massive and so detailed that there really isn't anything that can take much away from him.

Bottom line is...if you wanted a different base...that is fine...and IYO that is what you would have preferred...and that is absolutely 100% fine. Not everyone is going to like everything due to whatever reasons and who knows...maybe your comments may find its way on a future statue.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 08:20 AM   #96
AdamTheAnimal
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
IMO...there is no way this base (as it is now) can take away from the character. WHY? Because he is massive! What difference would a smashed car be from the current one? If XM was to go with what you wanted...the base would probably be bigger with more stuff going on...AND...the end result you feel when you look at it would be that Rhino is smashing something and IMO the eye would even be more focused on what kind of car it is more than likely.

While a smashed car would be great as I like more details and a statue telling a story or scene...it would do no more or no less IMO conveying the power and rampaging ability of Rhino that the current base doesn't do.

I just feel that Rhino is so massive and so detailed that there really isn't anything that can take much away from him.

Bottom line is...if you wanted a different base...that is fine...and IYO that is what you would have preferred...and that is absolutely 100% fine. Not everyone is going to like everything due to whatever reasons and who knows...maybe your comments may find its way on a future statue.

Yeah you absolutely right. Thing is since I have seen the concept art of him standing in that crater it kinda burnt into my mind. Just like the sideshow one. Simple base and focus on the character. While you display his brute strength. Then I saw this one and I did not know whether I like it or not. I am still not 100% fine with it but the sculpt of Rhino is just phenomenal and now it is growing on me. If I went with a city scene I would choose an object like a wall or something where he takes a chunk out of it and you can see the steel beam bent underneath. Anyway We will see how the paint job will look and how much it will cost... Let's hope for the best
Old 06-11-2016, 09:03 PM   #97
ALPH4T34M
Thunderstrike

Huge base vs huge size of the character, I always feel it should be one or the other. Nice iteration of Rhino though, and a great sculpt.
ALPH4T34M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 05:51 PM   #98
omarfallaha
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPH4T34M View Post
Huge base vs huge size of the character, I always feel it should be one or the other. Nice iteration of Rhino though, and a great sculpt.
THIS!!!!!!!!
omarfallaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 10:34 AM   #99
MuppetMad
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

He looks really good. I have to agree with the Animal though. The base actually takes away from this piece, which is not something I would normally say of xm pieces.

I wanted to see his full detail coming charging at me. This base is strangely placed imo. It blocks out half of his body and detail which I want to see. When you see him side on without the base, he looks amazing, but I wanted to see him front on charging.

Sad, as I really wanted this piece, but for the first time I would say their base has actually made me not want to get it.
MuppetMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 11:44 AM   #100
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I really think that we should have Loric go against OC in a battle of the company defenders.

Loric reps XM and why their bases are great and add to a statue while OC reps SS for the same merits.

You two should get any statue you want free for the amount of times defend their honor with passion (and novel posts).

Demona is offline   Reply With Quote