Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-22-2015, 01:04 PM   #1
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

The Man in the High Castle (Amazon)

I've been so cluelss as to the new pilots on Amazon that I didn't know the first two episodes came out earlier this year. I only became aware of this series because Amazon has been advertising on TV since all of season 1 is available.

I have only watched the first four episodes and I am quite intrigued. This is based on a Philip K. Dick book of the same title. Takes place in 1962 alternate history where Nazi Germany developed the atomic bomb first and nuked Washingon D.C. and ultimately won WW2. The US is portioned into three parts: the Pacific States occupied by Japan, the netural zone and the Great Nazi Reich which is the 2/3 of the US on the east side.

This series reminds me that I need some of Philip K. Dick books as he has such imtereting concepts. Interesting that there are two TV series currently based on his works with Minority Report on Fox being the other. And of course there is the Blade Runner sequel with the original based on his writing.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 01:42 PM   #2
xforce
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I've been so cluelss as to the new pilots on Amazon that I didn't know the first two episodes came out earlier this year. I only became aware of this series because Amazon has been advertising on TV since all of season 1 is available.

I have only watched the first four episodes and I am quite intrigued. This is based on a Philip K. Dick book of the same title. Takes place in 1962 alternate history where Nazi Germany developed the atomic bomb first and nuked Washingon D.C. and ultimately won WW2. The US is portioned into three parts: the Pacific States occupied by Japan, the netural zone and the Great Nazi Reich which is the 2/3 of the US on the east side.

This series reminds me that I need some of Philip K. Dick books as he has such imtereting concepts. Interesting that there are two TV series currently based on his works with Minority Report on Fox being the other. And of course there is the Blade Runner sequel with the original based on his writing.
Thanks for the info I am a prime member so I will check them out
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 03:33 PM   #3
randy_marsh
I am da law!

I watched just the pilot so far but this might be one of the absolute best new shows of this year so far potentially.
randy_marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 04:45 PM   #4
El Pulento
The InJustice League

It's getting a lot of hype and nominations
El Pulento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:02 PM   #5
Luminous
Cyclops

I've heard some really good things about this show. Will definitely be checking it out.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 03:43 PM   #6
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

I mentioned I was really looking forward to this in the 2015 Fall TV Show thread. I love the premise. I watched the first two episodes and it's pretty good so far. Not as amazing as I expected, but maybe I'm spoiled by the level of excellence from other recent period shows like Mad Men, Game of Thrones and Downton Abbey.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 07:55 PM   #7
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

Halfway through the series, I realize my initial criticism was really about the pilot episode only. It looks to me like once the series got the green light for a full season, a lot more care was spent on the remaining episodes.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:02 PM   #8
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

We only just discovered this and are nearly through the first season. Wow! What a scary and wonderfully created show so far. Is it really only two seasons long?
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 04:39 PM   #9
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
We only just discovered this and are nearly through the first season. Wow! What a scary and wonderfully created show so far. Is it really only two seasons long?
So far, yes. It's Amazon's most popular series so season three will premiere sometime this year.
Old 12-02-2019, 01:50 AM   #10
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Just finished watching the final season and I have a question, but first...

SPOILER WARNING

For anyone who’s finished this series, can you explain the very final scene where hordes of people begin coming through the portal? Why does this happen? This came out of left field and does not seem to tie into the storyline at all. And, doesn’t anyone going through the portal who still has a counterpart on the other side die horribly?

Last edited by wktf; 12-02-2019 at 10:43 AM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote