Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-01-2018, 04:34 PM   #81
Leekson
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu_Manchu View Post
So your conclusion here is that Paul is a liar.

It's so easy to say that kind of things in a board forum...
No. My conclusion is that I was right regarding P1 Raptor, that it's head is very close to the animatronic and not like a deformed cast you have in front of yourself, that you're offended and now trying to find something to discredit me
I've watched many CC live videos and sometimes it looks that Paul doesn't know the difference between Jeeps and Explorers, between TLW and JW, etc... I can understand that his mind is preoccupied with a lot of things considering his business and that he can make a mistake, but if someone says, not once, but couple of times that he has ILM files, but actually doesn't have them, I don't know... How would you call him? I would say good businessman. At the end, I don't care what he says, I'm interested how the final product looks
Leekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 05:03 PM   #82
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
I'm not again into a discussion animatronic vs cgi vs maquette, the last one gave me heartburn.

First of all I have to say that I really admire what's Prime1 is doing with the collectible market. Their products are fantastic and they inspired other companies to go forward with better pieces.

The question here is you guys love so much Prime1 (I do too) that you want to see accuracy here too, whilst the aim of this company is to make idealized versions. I realised that with the predator, it is an idealized version too.

I have nothing against idealized versions. The Predator Cinemaquette is idealized and it's a hell of statue.

But that's not for me. Since I begun in this hobbie following the Stan Winston Studio I always searched for the most close products to that incredible works. Now years later I have like 10 statues pulled off of their moulds and I'm the happiest man in the world with them.

So there's no sense discussing about accuracy in a product that is not meant to be accurate at all.
which other 9 besides the raptor?
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 05:57 PM   #83
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

In first place that was not directed to you, at least not all of it, but I you feel so alluded it's ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leekson View Post
No. My conclusion is that I was right regarding P1 Raptor, that it's head is very close to the animatronic and not like a deformed cast you have in front of yourself,
"Deformed cast". You don't know what are you talking about. Chronicle's bust is pulled off directly from the hard masters of the movie, provided by Legacy. I don't have a picture of the process but I remember it. That's why it retained even the little grains of the skin.

So it does not come from "an ebay cast". I you believe everything you read in a forum it's not my problem.

To the point. Reading insinuations that Paul is a liar and not honest man goes a bit out of my scale. I don't get infuriated like you guys but it's somehow inelegant discredit other companies and their pieces for not giving you credit on a work. IMHO.

You consider that head so perfect, right? I can tell you right now where that head comes from and it's not a scan of the bust like he said. That cut on the neck, oh well. Sorry to dissapoint you but it's idealized.
Fu_Manchu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 06:12 PM   #84
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
In first place that was not directed to you, at least not all of it, but I you feel so alluded it's ok.

"Deformed cast". You don't know what are you talking about. Chronicle's bust is pulled off directly from the hard masters of the movie, provided by Legacy. I don't have a picture of the process but I remember it. That's why it retained even the little grains of the skin.

So it does not come from "an ebay cast". I you believe everything you read in a forum it's not my problem.

To the point. Reading insinuations that Paul is a liar and not honest man goes a bit out of my scale. I don't get infuriated like you guys but it's somehow inelegant discredit other companies and their pieces for not giving you credit on a work. IMHO.

You consider that head so perfect, right? I can tell you right now where that head comes from and it's not a scan of the bust like he said. That cut on the neck, oh well. Sorry to dissapoint you but it's idealized.
i have one and don't really care that is "deformed"...but it is. read Julien's explanation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	InkedInked37907719_225893221592609_7762324471716773888_n_LI.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	741.0 KB
ID:	117700   Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20181001_18_05_17_Pro_LI.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	219.5 KB
ID:	117701  
Old 10-01-2018, 07:05 PM   #85
Giu3232
Fantastic Four

Talking

Quote:
Chronicle's bust is pulled off directly from the hard masters of the movie, provided by Legacy. I don't have a picture of the process but I remember it. That's why it retained even the little grains of the skin.
hmm you remember it, awesome, but the thing is ... that I just called Legacy effects to be sure about that their phone number available on google and I invite people who doubt about this to call them too, the guy in charge told me Legacy never gave anything to Chronicles and that they have no molds, cast or anything from the 3 first films because it's Stan Winston time and that's not the same company. Technicly do not have any right on them ...

So or you lie, or the guy at Legacy lie, but it seems you both tell the opposite.

Quote:
You consider that head so perfect, right? I can tell you right now where that head comes from and it's not a scan of the bust like he said.
So you know better than me what I did, you're impressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
i have one and don't really care that is "deformed"...but it is. read Julien's explanation.
Of course it is distorted, look at the side of the muzzle or top of the head ...

DISTORDED by Julien Romeo, sur Flickr
Giu3232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:19 PM   #86
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giu3232 View Post
hmm you remember it, awesome, but the thing is ... that I just called Legacy effects to be sure about that their phone number available on google and I invite people who doubt about this to call them too, the guy in charge told me Legacy never gave anything to Chronicles and that they have no molds, cast or anything from the 3 first films because it's Stan Winston time and that's not the same company. Technicly do not have any right on them ...

So or you lie, or the guy at Legacy lie, but it seems you both tell the opposite.

Of course it is distorted, look at the side of the muzzle or top of the head ...

DISTORDED by Julien Romeo, sur Flickr
yeah, thats what im saying. it is.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:40 PM   #87
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

We choose very convenient images don't we. I guess the velociraptor on the Stan Winston's showroom is deformed too

And yes the snout is pulled back an inch on the top. I didn't even notice that. You figure out guys how big is this thing and how complex is to cast it? It has the size of a horse head. When you cast something the resin shrinks and many times it doesn't do it even. So little discrepancies are common. You see that in the alien warrior bust, predator bust, in every big piece put on the market.

What I can't believe is that you are concerned for this s**t and you don't have nothing to object to many blamant errors in these statues. Funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giu3232 View Post

So Paul is lying in this matter too. This guy is incredible. This guy buys an cheap cast of ebay and makes an entire JP1 raptor head out of it.

Also the images I saw of them pulling an entire raptor body off the original mould must have been a product of my imagination.

Also the monster T-rex head lifesize cast that Legacy gave them is photoshop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giu3232
Yes, I do remember. That head is the one you sculpted that you tried to sell here unlicensed, later on ebay. And I encouraged you to do it (why I would do that). You haven't changed a single wrinkle of it.

You see, my problem is that I got some good visual memory. A curse. It does not look bad but that's not the one from the movie, hence, idealized.

And a free advise. Tell Prime1 to change that paintjob lol. Who did that? The skin was meant to be dry like a lizard not viscous. Also they were dark brown, not whitish.
Fu_Manchu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 03:06 AM   #88
Giu3232
Fantastic Four

Hehehe fanboys will be fanboys.

Yes the head has distortion, nomater what you say or think, everybody can see it specially on the front view.

Full size body raptor were available on ebay before, one was sold with a raptor cage, search for it.

No the display room raptor do not have the same distortion than the CC model. It s s lot better i saw it with my own eye when i visited legacy several times.

Again Legacy gave nothing to Paul I called them yesterday so call them too.
Same for sick trike 3d scan which "comes from ILM" i made the model for them so I know it.

The full size trex head they had on display was not a full size Stan Winston head according to me. It miss lots of details and looked like a 1/5 male trex head you put on an expenser...
You won t make me change my mind on this easily.
Pictures speak for themself.

If you like to dig so much, can you find where Paul sayed the raptor bust and from what you sayed full size trex head came from legacy please, they asked me when I called them.

I had no time for that but since it seems to be that important for you let s find the evidence he sayed that and let s ask legacy again. They were very curious about that and since you seems very aware of this thing ...

You could call ILM too and ask for the sick trike scan they never made hehe, don t forget to say hi to my old colleagues and let me know lol
Giu3232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 04:00 AM   #89
Leekson
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:

In the first place, you should learn to write an answer below the quote and not quote multiply and then write your answer
Second, I perfectly know what I'm talking about. I've also contacted Legacy couple of months ago regarding my Bull T-Rex maquette, and got the same answer, that they don't have any JP stuff, that's SWS property, most of the things were sold at the auctions after Stan passed away and the rest of them are at Universal warehouses
Also, if you believe everything what you read here or hear from CC, that's not my problem
Don't know if that comment is referred to me or Julien, but I've never called Paul "a liar", and I'm not infuriated, as I said I don't give a sh!t what he says, he can say he took his model out of garbage can or directly from SWS, I don't care as long as the final product is fine for my standards. For the people who are not telling the truth I have a tendention to classify them in two groups, liars and people who are making things up. There's a difference. As Gandalf said in the LOTR, "All good stories deserve a little embellishment". Like I said before, I call him good businessman.
I don't consider the head perfect, but I found it better than Horizon one. Regarding the neck, of course it's idealized. It could be poor seam or there could be a problem because the skin texture from the Horizon body which was used as a base doesn't match the skin texture of the animatronic head, but I honestly doubt Julien wouldn't fix it, I can bet it's a poor seam
Leekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 06:36 AM   #90
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
When you cast something the resin shrinks and many times it doesn't do it even.
answer my question...what 10 statues do you have? let me see the distortion on those...