Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 05-27-2023, 07:20 PM   #291
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

LOADING: Image(s)

Photoshop (brightness, contrast, saturation) adjusted.
Honestly in person most of the time it does look more like your adjusted image. However, the sunlight coming through the window did help create that hue on the skin. But once it becomes overcast, it lost some of it (the rest probably caused by the phones settings).

I took those photos originally as it was asked for more natural light, than the warm artificial lights I originally had applied to it. So I switched off the lights and let in the early morning rays. I guess I should've played with the phone's settings.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 06:08 AM   #292
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Honestly in person most of the time it does look more like your adjusted image. However, the sunlight coming through the window did help create that hue on the skin. But once it becomes overcast, it lost some of it (the rest probably caused by the phones settings).
That's a relief!
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 05:37 AM   #293
ukshaun
Hercules

Only 5 more payments remaining until my 1st life-size piece, bust atleast, ships
(then its the dreaded shipping + import fee to deal with )

It is a good job there is little in the way of temptations going on at the moment,
as paying off The Dark Knight - Catwoman (Hathaway) Life-Size Bust is a hefty commitment given the current times many of us are living in.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 04:52 AM   #294
Exorcist
Hydra

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Only 5 more payments remaining until my 1st life-size piece, bust atleast, ships
(then its the dreaded shipping + import fee to deal with )

It is a good job there is little in the way of temptations going on at the moment,
as paying off The Dark Knight - Catwoman (Hathaway) Life-Size Bust is a hefty commitment given the current times many of us are living in.
Congratulations on achieving these fantastic statues! Do you perhaps have any indication concerning the shippingcosts/taxes for this bust? Thanks
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 01:01 PM   #295
Baronflash
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I had the infinity joker bust delivered recently from spec to the uk. It cost ?800 shipping which hurt and about ?250 tax and import charges better then I expected .
Baronflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 03:56 PM   #296
Exorcist
Hydra

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronflash View Post
I had the infinity joker bust delivered recently from spec to the uk. It cost ?800 shipping which hurt and about ?250 tax and import charges better then I expected .
Thx for this information! I am not sure if I should be happy or sad when I read about those shipping prices though
Old 08-12-2023, 01:38 PM   #297
Exorcist
Hydra

Talking

Mine has just shipped, this will be my first bust. Hope I wont be disappointed
Old 08-12-2023, 04:37 PM   #298
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
Mine has just shipped, this will be my first bust. Hope I wont be disappointed
Fingers crossed. I find that going through other peoples reviews on production pieces tempers my expectations and I'm usually satisfied with my purchases in the end.

These first came out I think 5 months ago, with me receiving mine almost 3 months ago. And in all that time, I've pretty much left the mask/googles on the whole time.
Old 08-12-2023, 04:57 PM   #299
Exorcist
Hydra

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Fingers crossed. I find that going through other peoples reviews on production pieces tempers my expectations and I'm usually satisfied with my purchases in the end.

These first came out I think 5 months ago, with me receiving mine almost 3 months ago. And in all that time, I've pretty much left the mask/googles on the whole time.
Are you still happy with it? And would you say the bust has a more hyperreal (human lifelike) look to it then a statue/mannequin look?
Old 08-12-2023, 05:56 PM   #300
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
Are you still happy with it? And would you say the bust has a more hyperreal (human lifelike) look to it then a statue/mannequin look?
Happy? Yes, I am.

Hyperreal? Without the mask, honestly probably not as much as I would like. I actually much prefer the paint apps that I've got from Queen's Spidey, Loki, Doctor Strange and even Cap.

But with the Mask, it obscures most of the imperfections, and looks great on display. I can't wait to eventually display it with the Bale bust.