Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 06-19-2015, 11:11 AM   #531
thx217
Ultimates

Totally respect on the disagreement, Paul and understood you stand behind your products 100%. Your team are the ones who made this happened after all.

Do what you can and keep being open and awesome.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 11:37 AM   #532
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

in a strange way i agree with what everyone is saying. Thx has an eye for detail and like Gruson said, he's usually correct. Paul's explanation was very informative and made complete sense. Snake made sense too with his statement.

but i find Call Me Snake is a bit too much of a fanboy at times, like the extreme Bowen fans.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 11:51 AM   #533
thx217
Ultimates

It happens when we are all fans and got really excited about something. It happens every time and we will see more but at the end. This is part of the reasons that makes statueforum...fun?

We all know nothing's perfect. We as customers have the final judgement call on the final product. Not the company. Whatever being said, it's all personal opinions and sometimes, facts. What Chronicle's doing on this forum is pretty amazing to say the least. They'll keep improving as they go and I'm just one of many collectors who will keep supporting them as long as I can or willing to. Gentle Giant used to be hot, Cinemaqutte used to be hot, Sideshow...hopefully they want keep being hot. Chronicle? It's too early to say but we'll be the judge. But so far, they are freaking amazing in terms of product selection, communication(Paul's team and Amy) and willingness to listen and improve. That alone will keep them on top for a good while.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:28 PM   #534
LEC
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
I won't get into a debate over paint or which version is more correct. Everyone has in their mind what they are expecting and when you receive something and it's not what you are imagining no matter how cool you'll be disappointed.

Phil and I approved every stage of this process and honestly this was his Legacy series. In the end I had one customer to make happy, Phil Tippett.

Phil sold his Cain and his ED-209 because we were making these and they sit right beside his Oscar and many other awards. At the end of the day if Phil is happy, I'm happy.

These weren't money makers for us, they were more of a statement of what we were here to do, that's to make art.

I did my best and we used the best factories, we'll learn from these going forward, but I think the vocal few that didn't like the paint finish on these are in the minority considering how many Cain replicas we actually sold.

Paul
What do you mean by this Paul?
LEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 12:32 PM   #535
CallMe_Snake
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
in a strange way i agree with what everyone is saying. Thx has an eye for detail and like Gruson said, he's usually correct. Paul's explanation was very informative and made complete sense. Snake made sense too with his statement.

but i find Call Me Snake is a bit too much of a fanboy at times, like the extreme Bowen fans.
I don't get the "being too much of a fanboy" statement.

If there is a problem with a product and there is constructive criticism I'll agree. ..but I haven't seen anything that would be a major issue with anything they have released so far.

Especially on ED-209.

Does that make me a fanboy?? Maybe.. if that's the label you want to toss my way.

If there is something that looks way off or wrong I would call it out, AND explain my concern in detail. Unlike others that seem to make blanket statements and then refuse to elaborate on why.

I see absolutely nothing major wrong with any of the pics posted of ED.

The weathering, as Paul has shown, is NOT over done. In fact it's lighter than the actual prop.
The issue of the wires needing to be gently moved downward is a non-issue. If those wires were attached in the wrong place... that would be a different story. That is not the case.

The missing silver paint on that one ED is also a very small concern in the grand scheme of things with a massively detailed piece such as this.

I'm not being a fanboy, I'm just calling it like I see it.
CallMe_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 12:42 PM   #536
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMe_Snake View Post
I'm not being a fanboy, I'm just calling it like I see it.
You wouldn't be here if you are not a fanboy. Everyone here is a fanboy of something. Be proud. lol.

Aren't we all calling it like we see it.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:50 PM   #537
Atheris
The Maxx

I honesty don't see what anyone is talking about regarding the weathering. Looks perfect to me.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:31 PM   #538
CallMe_Snake
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
You wouldn't be here if you are not a fanboy. Everyone here is a fanboy of something. Be proud. lol.

Aren't we all calling it like we see it.
True.
Except he was using the term in a durogitiry sense. As in I'll just go along with Chronicle regardless of if they are doing a good or bad job.

That is simply not the case. I'm not above putting out a little constructive criticism or questioning things. For instance, the Anubis floor sample. I raised my concern that the eyes appeared to be too purple.

However, I did it constructively. I didn't just say "nah, Chronicle has got to fix those eyes" or something like that.

I showed an example of how I hope they would look and got a response that addressed my concern.

I'm am a massive fan of what Chronicle is doing, that doesn't mean I wouldn't raise the concern if something looked wrong to me.. it's just, so far.. they haven't given me a major reason to do so.
CallMe_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:41 PM   #539
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

if you start a thread with "how I fell in love with chronicle collectables" in the title your a fanboy, end of.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:46 PM   #540
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'm a CC fanboy and Cain maniac
CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote