Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 04-08-2021, 02:13 PM   #151
Augen
Metal Men

It always is until get pieces in hand.

That said, if queen can deliver what they show then I think they have a winner.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 02:16 PM   #152
kolektan
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post

if there’s anything about this statue that’s bothering me, is that the Gal head is a tad too large/wide for the body. you can see from the proportion of the head to the shoulder, dead on or from her right side.

oddly enough, the comic head has the perfect proportion, maybe because it has less squared jaw like Gal. or maybe it was made first for the body.

speaking of nonsensical pose, Prime 1 WW vs Hydra pose is so much worse and physics defying than this. it has stronger expression which we can fully enjoy tho.

kolektan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 03:38 PM   #153
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Is it just me or does it seem that the movie head fits the body much better than the comic?
I think the comic head pairs better with this statue's body.

I associate Gal Gadot with a slimmer body so that's probably what's throwing it off for me - she's not this tone or thick.

Both head sculpts look good though.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 05:35 PM   #154
Frankierock
Omega Red

The stone stuck on her boot and stuck in her leg is bothering me..there is no need for that..it needs to go.

Other than that I’m really liking this piece. But I do prefer the Gal sculpt. The comic face looks washed out IMO. It may be the lighting but just looks pale.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 06:53 PM   #155
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post

The stone stuck on her boot and stuck in her leg is bothering me..there is no need for that..it needs to go.

Other than that I’m really liking this piece. But I do prefer the Gal sculpt. The comic face looks washed out IMO. It may be the lighting but just looks pale.
I like the coloring on the comic one way more, but it sure looks like a lighting difference on this pic.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:04 PM   #156
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Love this piece, Love that Sideshow's death grip on 1/4th DC has loosened. I'll be preordering from SpecFiction tomorrow. Can Not Wait.

We already voted on the Batman piece, really hoping for a Batfleck switch out, to coincide with this.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 10:52 PM   #157
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I’m assuming (and hoping) that the wavy ridges in her hair seen in this pic are sorted out on a production piece. It looks like a result of 3D printing the prototype, so hopefully it’s not replicated...?

gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 10:53 PM   #158
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

This piece is frustrating for me. I LOVE the Gal headsculpt. Perfect in my opinion. The base is excellent. No problems there. I even like a lot of the details on the suit. Then we get to the rest of the statue. While I appreciate the movement in the pose, the arm up positioning really limits seeing the portrait at certain angles. And for me, the biggest fail is the lasso. It makes no sense wrapping around WW and it really is distracting. With the money I'm sure they will want for this, it feels like a PASS to me.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 11:11 PM   #159
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
This piece is frustrating for me. I LOVE the Gal headsculpt. Perfect in my opinion. The base is excellent. No problems there. I even like a lot of the details on the suit. Then we get to the rest of the statue. While I appreciate the movement in the pose, the arm up positioning really limits seeing the portrait at certain angles. And for me, the biggest fail is the lasso. It makes no sense wrapping around WW and it really is distracting. With the money I'm sure they will want for this, it feels like a PASS to me.
It might not make total sense, but has been shown many a time in both comic and film now.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 11:35 PM   #160
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I imagine the lasso is actually a piece of flexi wire that can be shaped as you wish.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote