Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 07-08-2021, 07:29 PM   #21
gaijin
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Assuming this is half of the 1/3 scale price, since size is half.

Still too rich for me
gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 07:34 PM   #22
zipkicker
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

An easy pass for me too.
zipkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 02:23 AM   #23
WhistlingTime
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Are you guys going for this? What do you think the price might be?
How can one resist showing some different charm with this windy bat motorcycle rider? Definitely tempted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Seeing as how the 1:4 WW84 with huge wings was $860 on Spec, I do not see this one being worth more to me than $700...so I guess my breaking point is $700. LOL

This equates in my mind to the same size comparison to the TH Joker on Throne and I am allowing for another $125 markup for it being Queen.
I’d be expecting at/over the $1000. Despite being a smaller scale, I imagine that Batpod to be a far more labour-intensive production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
It’s certainly a nice looking piece, but if you collect larger scales it probably could never be a centrepiece.
That’s an odd statement.
WhistlingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 03:14 AM   #24
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryStorm View Post
I couldn't buy this for the simple reason that every time I looked at it I'd be reminded that my broke ass couldn't afford the 1/3 version.
Haha very true

I agree with others, the price should be around a grand, queen's pricing of their smaller scales is pretty good IMO
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 03:58 AM   #25
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlingTime View Post
How can one resist showing some different charm with this windy bat motorcycle rider? Definitely tempted.

I’d be expecting at/over the $1000. Despite being a smaller scale, I imagine that Batpod to be a far more labour-intensive production.

That’s an odd statement.
I meant that if I were to put this in my collection, it’ll be overshadowed (figuratively and literally) by the much larger scale pieces in my collection. Imo it’s kind of hard to be a centrepiece if most other pieces draw your eyes first.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 05:44 AM   #26
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Sorry, but the gap between her shoulders and back is ugly as hell. Mattel does better with their toys.
If I had love enough for Catwomanne, I'd buy the JND one, since I have zero interest in a batpod.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 06:38 AM   #27
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
Sorry, but the gap between her shoulders and back is ugly as hell. Mattel does better with their toys.
If I had love enough for Catwomanne, I'd buy the JND one, since I have zero interest in a batpod.
Sorry, but this is unfair. Maybe people can't see this, but from a design perspective, hair like this (which would, in natural circumstances, actually lay on the body) is extremely difficult to engineer with sculpted hair - while protecting the hair sculpt and the body sculpt.

They could engineer a "touch condition", but, with manufacturing tolerances, that would (in some cases) result in an interference, and in those cases either the head would not sit correctly on the neck join, or, just as likely, the hair would break or damage the body sculpt.

This would be a similar challenge for the 1/3 sculpted hair version.

On cheaper (Mattel) toys, where they can get away with less finely sculpted detailed hair, or the use of "rubber" for hair - or even, where people are less critical about the overal sculpting quality - those guys can design balls to the wall, and to he'll with touch condition tolerances (to an extent) - but not so in this case.

All of that said......it doesn't change the fact that it does not look right. For this money (I assume it won't be cheap) - they need to find a better solution. Maybe a PVC head, with rooted hair - like in 1/6 action figures......oh no, I can see the incoming comments already
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 07:25 AM   #28
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
I meant that if I were to put this in my collection, it’ll be overshadowed (figuratively and literally) by the much larger scale pieces in my collection. Imo it’s kind of hard to be a centrepiece if most other pieces draw your eyes first.
I agree, larger scales draw the eye more in general, especially if the display around it is all larger

Also, Mattel toys need to allow for articulation which this one does not. The hair looks bad from that angle, they can do better, and probably will tweak it
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 08:07 AM   #29
WhistlingTime
Birdman

Quote:
Apologies. Mine was a hasty post lacking elaboration.

Yes, your meaning was clear. My mind was merely at odds with your logic.

I could agree with you, on a superficial level, if talking solely about these kinds of pop culture figures. As a blanket statement though, I would suggest that the largest piece in a curated display is more often not the most prized possession and even the smallest of pieces can be the focal point of one's collection, given the right arrangement, rarity, provenance and/or personal connection.
WhistlingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 09:15 AM   #30
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
Again, we see protos with terrible seam/join lines all the time in this hobby. I wouldn't focus on the gap under the hair. DCD did better than what we see here, so I am not worried.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote