Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 05-31-2023, 04:16 PM   #41
Mister H
Green Goblin

Both are great but that Goon print is fantastic.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 09:10 AM   #42
SONICobra
Bane

thanks brother, i was really happy with how he turned out

the commission train continues with a few new pieces

snake eyes by daniel warren johnson @danielwarrenart
got this from C2E2, such a fun experience - the story that lead up to me obtaining this piece makes it an extra special memory with my dad. daniel is such an awesome dude as well

next up is a couple pieces from michel melki @themichelmelki
i really dig this guys style, kind of an old school tradd moore vibe but with his own flare. originally i just did the guyver III vs gregole but i was so happy and hyped about his style i had to request a luther strode too. seeing his line work in person is INSANE

SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 09:16 AM   #43
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Very nice additions!
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 06:29 PM   #44
SONICobra
Bane

just received this hellboy recreation by Matthew Allison. ive always loved this image and Matthew seems to enjoy doing recreations so thought this was the perfect opportunity. he really knocked it out of the park i asked for no word bubbles to really keep the focus on the characters

Old 11-20-2023, 11:31 PM   #45
Mister H
Green Goblin

Very nice. I need to look into getting some B&W art.
Old 11-21-2023, 01:31 PM   #46
Asgard
Deadman

Congratulations. That looks great

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i asked for no word bubbles to really keep the focus on the characters
Yeah, that was a good decision
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 12:17 PM   #47
SONICobra
Bane

so heres an update with some pieces i was pretty excited about with a little blog on how i came about them. feel free to skip if you dont want to be bored and just want to see some killer art

transformers #4 page 6 by daniel warren johnson

for a while DWJ was not on my radar at all, i followed his art rep so would see some art from him including his commissions which at the time i thought were a little too outside the box for me. but the more i saw, the more i understood his art and i really grew to love and appreciate it. hes a super nice dude too, i was fortunate enough to meet him at C2E2 last year

ive wanted to get an original piece by him for a while, i wish i had been more interested in original art when his "do a powerbomb!" pages were going up but just wasnt at that point yet. hes drawing the first six issues of the new transformers comic which is also a property i love so i wanted to take a shot if i could. i was picky in what i wanted though:
- had to have my favorite transformers soundwave and optimus
- had to have his trademark speed lines
- had to have a drawn sound effect
- and if at all possible have a wrestling move
this piece checked all the boxes with the wresting move being a hulk hogan "big foot" kick to the face

the goon by eric powell

when i started customizing statues i told myself if i ever get to a point i thought i was "good" there were two characters i wanted to do statues of - luther strode and the goon. i still wanted to do commissions after i received the first few of my favorite characters so decided my "theme" would be characters that i have done statue conversions of. the goon statue is now ready for tailoring and paint so i have had two commissions done of him, each one is good but didnt carry the gravity of what the project meant to me

last week i hopped on comicartfans for the hell of it and looked up goon art and my eyes just about fell out of my face when i saw this was for sale. this page by eric powell himself was the cover of a magazine AND a picture i used as control art when i was working with the sculptor doing the portrait for my statue. the price was very reasonable, much less than i ever expected something like this to be so i snagged it

skeletor by chris stevens

chris stevens is in my opinion the best color artist working today, i have no idea how he does what he does. this page here is acrylics - acrylics!?! i wanted to get a skeletor piece for a new 80s / 90s themed display room and i knew he was the man for the job. to say im blown away by this would be an understatement, it is absolutely gorgeous in person. i believe he ended up making prints of this so that was kind of cool too being able to have the original
edit: just noticed this scan has the felix comic art watermark in the upper left corner - rest assured thats not on the actual piece

Old 02-13-2024, 12:25 PM   #48
Mister H
Green Goblin

I'm a huge fan of Chris Stevens. Fantastic Skeletor.
Old 02-13-2024, 01:26 PM   #49
qz33
Rescue

^Oh yes. All the more reason to get a couple of Tweeterhead's new Skeletor to paint like that!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 01:33 PM   #50
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Good stuff! I love the ram skull on Skeletor's staff
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote