Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-01-2022, 09:41 AM   #291
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
While we will never know, i wonder what the actual cost is to JND to have these made?
Of course the materials and especially the tooling isn't cheap, but I wouldn't be shocked if the direct costs probably aren't all that much, relative to the retail price. Like with most manufacturers in this sphere, I imagine a lot goes to R&D, transport, warehousing, licensing, and many other variable costs.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 10:30 AM   #292
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I'm an accountant by trade, so the quirks of the terminologies aren't very confusing to me. Most collectors are simple beings. So to them, as long as you can purchase an item from a retail outlet at more or less the equivalent stated retail price, new in box, it's not sold out from their point of view.

And most do not deal with the secondary marketplace, until the piece has 'sold out' from the usual standard means of purchase.

And the sale numbers released by businesses to the press have always been confusing to everyday people. In the games sphere for example, before online sales, it always confused readers how sales records were broken, before the item had even hit the retail shelves.
At this stage, I?m not sure if we?re debating the point, or circling around each other saying the same thing.

JND has to indicate to potential buyers, that they have no more units to offer. The only words they can use to convey this to customers is to write ?sold out? - period.

Whatever connotations collectors want add to that statement is really up to them. But there?s nothing misleading or conniving in JND?s actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETTFAN View Post
Personally, based on current pound Sterling to US Dollar exchange rates this will cost around ?4,000 once you factor in shipping, VAT and Duty.

I paid ?2000 for JND WW84. Is this twice the statue. IMHO it?s not.

Thankfully I can comfortably afford the piece but whether or not it?s sold out it still does not give me any regret for not purchasing it.

To be honest I don?t think the Joker, Catwoman and WE84 were worth the price I paid
It?s really sad you see it that way. The last thing any of us wants to do, is look at our statues and consider we have not gotten value for money. My (unsolicited) advice is to cease buying JND products ASAP - maybe sell what you have?.especially while there?s an active market for their products.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 01:28 PM   #293
Exorcist
Hydra

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
With that in mind, how the hell should JND build that into their website status?

"We are sold out, but, if you speak to Jim in Timbuktu, he's just put his on eBay, so to be clear - it's available - just not from us"
I literally spit coffee through my nose while reading this. For me this is the comment of the year 2022
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 03:14 PM   #294
Brandon
The X-Men

Still waiting on Specfic to list this. C'mon Todd!
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 07:09 PM   #295
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Now this has sold out (apparently) i bet all those that complained about the high price are probably
thinking 'maybe the price was not so high..' If i had more money than i knew what to do with,
i would probably have picked this up.
I can say that the price is still too high. I can afford this piece, but I put a limit to what I'm willing to spend on a mass produced collectible. Is it a nice statue? Absolutely! I think it is an excellent representation of the character and with good lighting, will be a great display piece. That said, just because something sells out doesn't mean I want it more or regret my decision to not purchase it.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 11:03 PM   #296
Brandon
The X-Men

She's up at Spec-fiction. Just got my order in!
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 11:12 PM   #297
tarim69
Sailor Moon

Thinking about it.

One thing I did think of is I wonder how they're going to deal with holding the sword and especially the shield with silicone hands.
Holding a bat with an issue with Harley.

Guessing the hands won't be silicone and will be magnetized to handle the weight.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 12:27 AM   #298
romakrelian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
She's up at Spec-fiction. Just got my order in!
So did I! Thanks for mentioning it. I didn't get the notification for some reason.
romakrelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 12:36 AM   #299
K1NG J0RDAN
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I'm torn on this one. Would pair nicely with the Queen bust. And it's far enough away to where it shouldn't be too difficult to get. But I'm running out of space and still have to pay the rest of the balance for the Harley bust next year.

I'm already doing Harley bust & JND combo for ultimate Harley display. Thinking about how epic the same treatment for WW would be..
K1NG J0RDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 01:23 AM   #300
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Wow, Spec Fiction has already added the "mark up" - nice
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote