Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-03-2022, 04:43 AM   #341
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I completely agree - it's almost impossible to ignore the relationship between money and what you receive.

That said, I think there are people who are really expecting too much.... $3199 doesn't buy you a miniature replica of Gal Gadot, even $30,000 wouldn't.

And it has nothing to do with the value - its related to the fact that Gal Gadot simply does not look the same for everyone.

If you spent $50k - and had a custom piece made, based on facial scans of Gal Gadot - I guarantee that someone would say "wow, $50k for that, something is off" - even though it's based on a 3D scan......sorry, but this is the reality.

Companies like JND are fighting an un-winnable battle, and in the end - it comes down to each individual to decide if its worth it for them. All the debates (and arguments) over looks and accuracy are pointless.

I know some people here think, that by voicing an opinion, it will drive JND to make changes - but this (IMHO) is wrong, because for every change they might make to satisfy some people, those same changes will lead others to be dissatisfied......

I understand, but - and I say this respectfully - this is your problem, and not a failing of JND. If you have the money to spend on pieces that don't fully meet your expectations - JND will happily take your money, and so they should.

I think the Queen Studios work - in general - is good / great, and right now, I'd consider a collection made up of purely Queen Studios pieces to be a premium collection.
I'm not 100% sure, but wasn't the prototype for Infinity's life size WW bust pretty much universally praised far and wide? So if that was expanded to a full statue that's a piece that would be near perfect.

Having said that, the production piece I've seen of that bust didn't meet those originally very high expectations.

And believe me I know it wasn't the wisest decision I made prerdering this, as within minutes I was already second guessing myself. And that rarely happens with my other preorders, even for pieces more expensive.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 07:33 AM   #342
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I'm not 100% sure, but wasn't the prototype for Infinity's life size WW bust pretty much universally praised far and wide? So if that was expanded to a full statue that's a piece that would be near perfect.

And believe me I know it wasn't the wisest decision I made prerdering this, as within minutes I was already second guessing myself. And that rarely happens with my other preorders, even for pieces more expensive.
Even the Infinity busts have their detractors and negative criticism. It just comes with the territory.

This is why Sideshow and XM are wise to stick to comic pieces.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 08:51 AM   #343
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
Good points! And about Chris. The reason for that is, he is getting sponsored by Prime1, XM, and Queen Studios?. Not by JND.
Not sure what you mean by "sponsored". XM is sending Chris statues to review, which he then has to ship back, or to another reviewer. Neither Queen Studios or Prime 1 is sending him anything. None of them are paying him anything.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 01:15 PM   #344
Exorcist
Hydra

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Not sure what you mean by "sponsored". XM is sending Chris statues to review, which he then has to ship back, or to another reviewer. Neither Queen Studios or Prime 1 is sending him anything. None of them are paying him anything.
I understand that you know him personally, and thats fine. I think he is a fantastic guy. I would advise to leave it as it is for the time being. Curiosity killed the cat
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 01:44 PM   #345
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
That's one reason i unsubscribed to BSC
He has in effect become null and void.
The same applies to Gem Mint. He will push Sideshow and Arcade1up all day long (Arcade1up's are supposed to average at best ).

Radd Titan and The Secret Sanctuary seem honest enough
Radd Titan is one of the biggest XM shills on the planet. I left their Facebook group and unsubscribed from their YouTube because I was so sick of it. And that Geo - what a piece of sh*t.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 02:01 PM   #346
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Radd Titan is one of the biggest XM shills on the planet. I left their Facebook group and unsubscribed from their YouTube because I was so sick of it. And that Geo - what a piece of sh*t.
They were the first YouTuber I noticed who created a relationship with a manufacturer, outside of Sideshow.
Old 10-03-2022, 02:26 PM   #347
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Ok, regardless of sponsorships and personal affiliations, I think it's going to be difficult to find a truly "unbiased" opinion. And even if you could - what does it matter? At the end of the day we spend our money, on our collections - and we (should) form our own opinions.

Right now I see a lot of commentators reporting that the WW JL doesn't look like Gal Gadot - I disagree....I'm not going to try to convince anyone else to see things my way......and likewise, I won't be convinced.

I'm not even going to complain about the price.....is a Ferrari worth the money, or the Mona Lisa?......everything has a price, our only job is to decide if we want to pay it or not.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 02:36 PM   #348
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

In the last 24 hours Sugo's stock has remained unchanged (7), whereas Specs full pay and deposit options have both decreased by 2, to 7 and 2 respectively.

I guess FOMO is starting to run out of steam, and those remaining will take a bit of time before it sells out from retailers.
Old 10-03-2022, 02:46 PM   #349
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Right now I see a lot of commentators reporting that the WW JL doesn't look like Gal Gadot
The official position of the Secret Sanctuary is that the piece looks very much like Gal Gadot. She looks a little pissed off, but it's her.

nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 03:18 PM   #350
ukshaun
Hercules

/slightly off topic..

JND could go to town with the silicone on a She-HULK piece.

/back on topic..
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote