Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-07-2022, 12:03 AM   #391
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenic123 View Post
@Phoenixblazes

Did you pay extra for the shipping insurance?
NEVER!! ….. it’s so annoying that that’s their default selection now.

I live in Sydney, and if I have to I’ll go around to pick it up. Only my car has fairly small luggage space in the boot or back seat so large boxes won’t fit.

All the Queen bust boxes etc I’ve always got sent to my residence. Anything smallish like the Queen Black Widow I’ll go pick it up.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 01:28 AM   #392
WhistlingTime
Birdman

There's something about the mouths on these JND statues that throw them off for me.

I don't know if it's the sculpt, paint or something else but my eyes keep telling me the mouth is off with this, Selina and Harley.
WhistlingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 03:59 AM   #393
redbloodedboy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I did. But they weren?t able to fulfill it at the time. Supposedly it?s the only one that they had trouble with their distributor with. They gave me a nice not so little credit.
Sounds like a decent compensation reward. So where did you end up ordering WW84 from?

I?m glad I have this one coming? just so long away now lol
redbloodedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 04:07 AM   #394
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlingTime View Post
There's something about the mouths on these JND statues that throw them off for me.

I don't if it's the sculpt, paint or something else but my eyes keep telling me the mouth is off with this, Selina and Harley.
I agree. The lips are all disproportional. Way too big or plump. Looks like they all got lip injections lol. It?s weird the artists don?t see this.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 04:10 AM   #395
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbloodedboy View Post
Sounds like a decent compensation reward. So where did you end up ordering WW84 from?

I’m glad I have this one coming? just so long away now lol
I didn’t. Couldn’t be bothered as I was the only one here who was quite irritated by them changing the gold colour of the armour during production (but now I’m receiving Queen pieces where they’ve also greatly altered the paint, such as the Vision and Mark 7 busts). So when they couldn’t fulfil it, I took it as a sign. Used the credit and moved on.
Old 10-07-2022, 08:07 AM   #396
KLSADAKO
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlingTime View Post

I don't if it's the sculpt, paint or something else but my eyes keep telling me the mouth is off with this, Selina and Harley.
At least this one is a massive improvement over Selina whose lips were way oversized it appears to be drooping..
KLSADAKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 08:32 AM   #397
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLSADAKO View Post
At least this one is a massive improvement over Selina whose lips were way oversized it appears to be drooping..
I agree (at least based off of all the photos and videos), but it seems that everyone who has it in hand seems to indicate there is no such issue when viewed in person....?
Old 10-07-2022, 09:29 AM   #398
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 09:31 AM   #399
KLSADAKO
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I agree (at least based off of all the photos and videos), but it seems that everyone who has it in hand seems to indicate there is no such issue when viewed in person....?
Yep I've heard that as well, and that may be the case, but I doubt a image and real life can differ to that extent..

I mean even the official photos with all the correct lighting taken by pros still had this droopiness effect..

Im more surprised that hardly anyone here seem to notice it and have more issues with this WW than Selina when clearly its the other way around..
KLSADAKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 11:12 AM   #400
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLSADAKO View Post
Yep I've heard that as well, and that may be the case, but I doubt a image and real life can differ to that extent..

I mean even the official photos with all the correct lighting taken by pros still had this droopiness effect..

Im more surprised that hardly anyone here seem to notice it and have more issues with this WW than Selina when clearly its the other way around..
I have her and it is absolutely the case. It's the reason I went ahead and took a chance with this WW also despite the pics not looking as good as they should.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote