Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-14-2023, 06:21 PM   #501
dw316
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westhelle View Post
Wow this looks unbelieveable. How much does this go for?
north of $3K i believe
dw316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 06:41 PM   #502
pdenham
Teen Titans

It was $3200 direct from JND. Then you need to add shipping and import duties and taxes.

SF's nominal markup was a HUGE bargain, compared to JND direct, when you account for those added costs.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 06:58 PM   #503
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post

Anyway, I'm happy with this WW. It'll probably be the last statue I buy of Gal Gadot - at least as WW
Good grief. I sure missed a few reels.

When did you order this one?
Old 01-15-2023, 01:52 AM   #504
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Good grief. I sure missed a few reels.

When did you order this one?
Apologies, I miss-typed - (Freudian Slip) - I should have typed:

"Anyway, I'm happy with this WW. It would probably be the last statue I buy of Gal Gadot - at least as WW"
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 09:01 AM   #505
pdenham
Teen Titans

Ah. Gotcha.

My attention here has been only spotty the last few months, so I legit thought I missed something.

Not only would this end up being my only Gadot figure, but the intention was to make this one of my (maybe, hopefully the) last purchases in this hobby altogether.
Hence the splurge. At least that's how I'm rationalizing it.
Old 01-15-2023, 10:53 AM   #506
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Ah. Gotcha.

My attention here has been only spotty the last few months, so I legit thought I missed something.

Not only would this end up being my only Gadot figure, but the intention was to make this one of my (maybe, hopefully the) last purchases in this hobby altogether.
Hence the splurge. At least that's how I'm rationalizing it.
Somehow, that statement elicits quite a melancholy emotional response (....or is it jealousy )

What do you plan for your hobby focus after this?
Old 01-15-2023, 07:42 PM   #507
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Somehow, that statement elicits quite a melancholy emotional response (....or is it jealousy )

What do you plan for your hobby focus after this?
I've always been a big movie and comic book nerd.
My big passion before, as well as while I've been collecting this stuff, was putting together a home theater and collecting movies.
My unwatched pile of discs, and my unread pile of graphic novels, is large enough that I'll probably never finish either in my lifetime at the rate I'm currently going.
And in both those media there are still have upcoming releases that I'm greatly looking forward to. So it never ends.

What's really chafing me right now is that I have a ton of movies I would love to spin, but I can't because the HT space is doing double duty as a storage room for a bunch of large Statue boxes. I have nowhere else to put them, and they are crowding me out of usable space.

This is probably more apropos for your other thread, but more and more lately, I feel like I've lost the plot with this stuff. While there are many pieces I would hate to give up, I feel like whittling my collection down to half what it is would help me enjoy those fewer pieces infinitely more than I am able to now.

To circle back to the topic of this thread, by the time this JND piece is shipping, I hope to have cleared out a lot of stuff.
Old 01-16-2023, 02:14 AM   #508
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
I've always been a big movie and comic book nerd.
My big passion before, as well as while I've been collecting this stuff, was putting together a home theater and collecting movies.
My unwatched pile of discs, and my unread pile of graphic novels, is large enough that I'll probably never finish either in my lifetime at the rate I'm currently going.
And in both those media there are still have upcoming releases that I'm greatly looking forward to. So it never ends.

What's really chafing me right now is that I have a ton of movies I would love to spin, but I can't because the HT space is doing double duty as a storage room for a bunch of large Statue boxes. I have nowhere else to put them, and they are crowding me out of usable space.

This is probably more apropos for your other thread, but more and more lately, I feel like I've lost the plot with this stuff. While there are many pieces I would hate to give up, I feel like whittling my collection down to half what it is would help me enjoy those fewer pieces infinitely more than I am able to now.

To circle back to the topic of this thread, by the time this JND piece is shipping, I hope to have cleared out a lot of stuff.
Interesting! I collect Table Top Role Playing Games (TTRPG's), (comparible, I guess to your graphic novels) - and I was thinking, does it make sense to go digital? I know there's just something "undeniable" about having a physical copy, but when I think about the humongous library of novels I have stored on my kindle - space wise, it makes perfect sense.....

But back to the boxes - I completely understand. It's an aspect of the hobby I hate. They're like an insurance policy - we keep them "in case" we decide to sell, but the wasted space needed to house a bloody cardboard box is ridiculous.

I own about 20 Anime figures I've picked up over the years, and in 2022 - I threw away the boxes - I just accepted that I'll never be able to sell them. It was a super tough step to take, but I just couldn't deal with those boxes anymore.....I'm not ready to do this with the statues yet (coward) - but who knows
Old 01-16-2023, 03:46 AM   #509
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

I Also like having physical hardcovers, but I’ve quickly run out of shelf space same issue that I'm having with my bloated statue collection.

I collect both Marvel and DC omnibuses, but in recent years I’ve been collecting more DC omni’s. Not because I prefer DC, but because I primarily read Marvel via their Marvel Unlimited app (It’s only 6 months behind for publications), whereas DC doesn’t have an equivalent yearly subscription to most everything I would want.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 06:24 AM   #510
Exorcist
Hydra

Lightbulb

Quote:
Interesting! I collect Table Top Role Playing Games (TTRPG's), (comparible, I guess to your graphic novels) - and I was thinking, does it make sense to go digital? I know there's just something "undeniable" about having a physical copy, but when I think about the humongous library of novels I have stored on my kindle - space wise, it makes perfect sense.....

But back to the boxes - I completely understand. It's an aspect of the hobby I hate. They're like an insurance policy - we keep them "in case" we decide to sell, but the wasted space needed to house a bloody cardboard box is ridiculous.
For me the partial solution is to place the boxes underneath the statues inside these pedestals
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5155C7DF-E3A2-4622-947B-26E2900F25CD.jpeg
Views:	181
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	158005  
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote