Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 02-13-2023, 04:32 PM   #211
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Well the Eagles also made no attempt to tackle him because they wanted him to score. Smart moves by both teams that just happened to work in the Chiefs favor. My husband and I joked that if I was and Eagle, I would have tackled him into the endzone and used my body to keep him from being down
That reminds me of a play in 2021 where the Browns defense intentionally pushed/pulled Austin Ekeler into the endzone

https://youtu.be/2qmLSpeFwTE
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 04:46 PM   #212
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
That reminds me of a play in 2021 where the Browns defense intentionally pushed/pulled Austin Ekeler into the endzone

Now that would have made the end of the game last night a bit more exciting! LOL
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 04:47 PM   #213
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

IKR!

BTW, anyone watch Bradshaw tell Andy Reid to "waddle over here" at the trophy presentation? He also closed by saying "have a cheeseburger on us"...Bradshaw fat shaming, he's cancelled!

Old 02-13-2023, 05:34 PM   #214
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only person who thought it was so odd that there was lots of pointing by players THEN flags were thrown. It was happening a lot on the false starts/neutral zone infractions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
True. It seemed to happen several times the flags were only thrown after all the finger pointing was done. I have seen that happen here and there in games before but not to the extent it happened in this game.

Every NFL team does that tho. Especially when it's 3rd down and they want to get a 5 yard penalty against the other team to get another set of downs.

All season I've seen a lot of teams point fingers to get a penalty flag thrown. Just saying it's nothing new.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 05:36 PM   #215
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:

HaHa ...as long as they tackle him into the end zone, that would've worked.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 05:50 PM   #216
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Every NFL team does that tho. Especially when it's 3rd down and they want to get a 5 yard penalty against the other team to get another set of downs.

All season I've seen a lot of teams point fingers to get a penalty flag thrown. Just saying it's nothing new.
Oh I know. Just seemed like it happened a lot more than usual in this game.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 06:09 PM   #217
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Well, the whole thing is rigged if you guys haven't heard. The finger pointing is more of a reminder to the refs than anything.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 09:05 PM   #218
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
IKR!

BTW, anyone watch Bradshaw tell Andy Reid to "waddle over here" at the trophy presentation? He also closed by saying "have a cheeseburger on us"...Bradshaw fat shaming, he's cancelled!

The waddle thing I can understand but Bradshaw really didn't mean it as cruel as people want to make it.

As far as teh burger when Reid won his 1st Super Bowl his reward was to have a burger which he can't anymore since his heart attack. They even posted a pic of it so at least there's a precedent for that.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 09:14 PM   #219
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Yeah there definitely wasn't any malice behind those comments...I hope Bradshaw sticks around, he's good for some laughs.
Old 02-14-2023, 09:18 AM   #220
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Seems like that happens in the NBA as well. Especially when LeBron starts his crying routine.
NBA flopping is the WORST. I hate it. I was happy when they started throwing cards in soccer because it was out of control there too.

Quote:
IKR!

I saw and heard it. The "waddle" may have been too much, but the cheeseburger comment was just fine IMO. Andy has said that cheeseburgers are his favorite food. I think he does a cheeseburger event with his players too!

Also, Andy didn't seem upset as he was laughing. He knows he is a big man, so hopefully he didn't take it too personally. He can't help he has always been big and had coached in cities with tasty, caloric heavy classic foods (Green Bay, Philadelphia, KC).
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote