Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 03-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
FROBAY
Phoenix

Beware Of These EBAY Poster/ Print Sellers

I wanted to start a thread to give Forum Members a chance to avoid a potentially bad purchase from Certain Ebay Sellers. I know I would appreciate my Forum Brothers input on sellers I should be aware of.

We all know that things happen out of our control with the mail. Damages do occur and it's not the sellers fault.....But selling a several hundred dollar poster and not packing it right or not tacking care of the buyer. Selling advertised Mint posters which were clearly damaged before you mailed them because the shipping tube is in mint condition. Or just selling bootlegs. This thread is for you!!!

This is meant to be informative, not negative bashing.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #2
FROBAY
Phoenix

ecclecticcollectorj - I bought a Avengers Variant Stout poster for 360.00, it arrived with damages at the edge in a mint Poster Tube. I feel the poster was sent out to me damaged. I tried to get hold of the seller then filed a paypal claim. The seller got very upset and told me I didn't have to file the claim he would have took care of it but since I filed the claim he would wait the full 90 days (or whatever it is) to give me my refund. He refused to give me my return shipping back. To this day, the print is still for sale on Ebay.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #3
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
ecclecticcollectorj - I bought a Avengers Variant Stout poster for 360.00, it arrived with damages at the edge in a mint Poster Tube. I feel the poster was sent out to me damaged. I tried to get hold of the seller then filed a paypal claim. The seller got very upset and told me I didn't have to file the claim he would have took care of it but since I filed the claim he would wait the full 90 days (or whatever it is) to give me my refund. He refused to give me my return shipping back. To this day, the print is still for sale on Ebay.
I have had so many bad experiences on eBay this last year that for the most part, I have stopped buying from misc sellers that I don't have experience with. I think a thread like this is a great idea. I will try and hunt down the names of some of the sellers I had issues with and if I have any new problems, I will definitely post them up!
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:44 PM   #4
Luminous
Cyclops

Hopefully, I won't run into any problems. The moment I do I will make sure to post a proper warning here.

Thanks for the heads up, Fro.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:34 PM   #5
FROBAY
Phoenix

I noticed this guy on Ebay today selling Jason Edmistons Evil Dead 2 unsigned and unnumbered. 3 different Listings. I asked Jason if he knew about them and if they are bootlegs, said he would contact Mondo, they obviously didn't come from him.

Buyers Beware

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Evil-Dead-2-...item2ec84a375d

I emailed the seller and asked him which Kinkos he used, no reply yet.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:30 PM   #6
johnclone
The Enchantress

sold one already
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #7
FROBAY
Phoenix

Yep, people are idiots. The price should give it away.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:32 PM   #8
Damnation
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Yep, people are idiots. The price should give it away.
Yeah did for me.
Damnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:46 PM   #9
Underdog07
Hercules

I give the seller the benefit of the doubt in this way --its possible he bought the prints not knowing the are fake. he is selling/sold some stuff from Wizard shows and he may have bought these there.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #10
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
I noticed this guy on Ebay today selling Jason Edmistons Evil Dead 2 unsigned and unnumbered. 3 different Listings. I asked Jason if he knew about them and if they are bootlegs, said he would contact Mondo, they obviously didn't come from him.
I emailed the seller and asked him which Kinkos he used, no reply yet.
i also emailed this seller. heres his response as to why the pieces aren't numbered or signed.

"Hello this item does not have a number or signiture because I bought it that way from a poster store in NYC. This is not a limited edition however it is a good quality poster. Thank you"
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote