Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-25-2015, 04:42 PM   #711
Leeloo
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I'm so sad to hear that people got so many bad Big Chap statues, mine was gorgeous, I just love it.
Leeloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 05:27 PM   #712
dao2
Cyclops

I saw one at the local store the other day which looks ok paint and no dmg that I could see (it was in a case) but the dome is hella dark ><
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 03:06 PM   #713
Model Maker UK
Frackin!

I've just acquired my first Sideshow piece.
Being primarily a model maker I didn't really want to get into collecting but this was a good deal.
Anyway it's the Legendary Scale Alien bust. Looking at it from a builder/ painter/ sculptors perspective being honest I dont know people rave over these. For the money collectors are expected to pay for I dont think you get your moneys worth. If I'd built and painted this there's no way I'd think I'd done a good job and would never let it go to a client looking like this.
Anyway sorry about my first post being a bit negative.
What I plan to do is take this apart, strip the paint and re-do the lot. I'm going to see if I remember to record some video as I go which might help others thinking about doing this. Think I'm going to have to break out the Dremel to get that dome off though
Model Maker UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 04:38 PM   #714
Python
Omega Red

Welcome to the forum.

This is a bad piece to judge the company on in fairness, the production on this one was dire and not representative of their abilities. I was so looking forward to this, I had two and both were rally bad. I'm still upset about not owning one tbh. If you manage to get the dome off without cracking it, please do share how you did it, I found it very brittle and incredibly thick when I tried it on my first faulty example before breaking it up. I look forward to seeing what you do with it however..

If you like the xenos, the Warrior LSB while not being as good of a creature design imo, turned out much better than this, it's a very nice bust in fact.

All I did to this little one was fix the teeth with Alclad high shine chrome. The tendons are next in line for some tlc but it's really nice otherwise save for a few scratches etc.

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 08:39 PM   #715
Model Maker UK
Frackin!

Looking good
Model Maker UK is offline   Reply With Quote