Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-02-2014, 03:33 PM   #21
Python
Omega Red

I agree, legendary scale figures are about my limit also, and even then only a select few of my very favorite creatures (Big chap and P1/2) But these are cool to see and no doubt appreciated by the lucky folk that can afford them.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 04:57 PM   #22
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

LSFs are our limit too which are plenty big enough! If I was millionaire or at least very very rich I would have few life size figures but not only do you need a lot of money you need to have bunch of space because these take up more room than you think! Plus I could buy almost 20 premium formats for cost of one life size figure.......ahhhh no thanks!!

I'll just stick to our lsfs and be content with those and 1:4 scale figures thanks! But congrats to any of you lucky enough to own any life size figure!
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:24 PM   #23
Spazzy
Hercules

Currently got 2 1/2 scale and 1 lifesize and a few lifesize busts, if I had the $ I would easily buy this and han a few others also from oxmox like king fu panda and the trex head

I am all ready to get some other lsf hopefully previewed soon
I love the larger scaled stuff, if I ever get around to it and catch up on projects I would love to do some personal larger pieces...so many ideas!
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:29 PM   #24
Atheris
The Maxx

If I had any interest in Star Wars I'd totally get this. Looks awesome.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:07 AM   #25
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

I'm seriously interested in purchasing this item but I have 3 questions that hopefully sideshowAlex can answer
1- Will the production piece be using the same parts/materials sourced to produce the proto, or will the factory just be recasting using inferior materials
2- how long will the special introductory price be available and what will the price then be?
3- will this have an edition size?
Thanks in advance
FETTFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:43 PM   #26
darthwhitey
The Herculoids

Great questions FETTFAN…I'd like those answered too!

I think the price on this is in line with what we all expected. It's an awesome looking piece.

I know life-size pieces aren't for everybody due to space issues and money, but I don't think I can pass on this one.

I paid $5k for a super high quality ROTJ Fett setup a couple years ago and battled a couple mannequins trying to get it to look just right. Even the best suit can be ruined by a crappy mannequin and display. That's why I love a good looking licensed piece like this. To me, it's worth the extra money. Getting a manny to properly pose and hold that blaster is a PITA! haha

Oh…and bring on Vader!
darthwhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:35 AM   #27
Brent72
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETTFAN View Post
I'm seriously interested in purchasing this item but I have 3 questions that hopefully sideshowAlex can answer
1- Will the production piece be using the same parts/materials sourced to produce the proto, or will the factory just be recasting using inferior materials
2- how long will the special introductory price be available and what will the price then be?
Thanks in advance
Question #1 is the most important one for me. If the finished piece is painted properly and all the details are done right so it looks just like prototype I will definitely be purchasing one. My main concern is that somewhere in the production process corners will be cut and the end result won't look like what we see in these pics. I really hope that's not the case.

As for the "introductory price" BS that Sideshow uses, don't pay a bit of attention to it. $7500 will be the price as long as they make these and ideally there might even be discounts available if you're able to purchase it from other authorized dealers. Normally you can get 10% off any Sideshow item if you don't buy it directly from them so hopefully that's the case for these 1:1 pieces as well.
Brent72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:55 AM   #28
darthwhitey
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETTFAN View Post
Thanks in advance
I emailed Sideshow with your questions...

Thank you for contacting our Customer Service Department and for your interest in our products.

In regards to the Boba Fett Life Size Figure (item #400111)…

Yes, while the finished product may differ slightly from the pictures currently posted to our website, the item itself will not be changed. The materials used will not be changed.

The item will be limited in that it will be available for a period of time. The Life Size Figure will not be a numbered piece, it will not have a set number of pieces produced.

I am sorry, we do not have any information at this time as to when the price for this item will be increased. We should send out an email advising before the price goes up, we just don’t know when that will be at this time.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Best Regards,

Jennifer Bigham
Customer Service Representative
darthwhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 12:21 PM   #29
zimmermouse
A day without sunshine is like... night.

This is the ultimate Star Wars collectible, really....so cool!!
I hope the official production model will be as cool as this one.

I have a basement full of merchandise i hope i can make a deal with one of my friends for this bad boy!!
zimmermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 12:22 PM   #30
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Holding out for Vader Lifesize....but this looks AMAZING! Congrats!!
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote