Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-25-2015, 12:31 PM   #21
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Best guess is obviously that the amount of orders didn't make them worth producing which is understandable I guess.

Vader speaks for himself, We'd all have loved one I'm sure, but how many actually ordered at the price point?
I'm sure there's a bit of truth in this assessment of their sales goals and lack of hitting a certain target.

It certainly was a great talking point when SS promoted Vader back in San Diego.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:38 PM   #22
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlai View Post
and then they decide they can't honor their obligation to deliver the product.
This is a bigger thing for me than the hit and miss qc. It's like a man without his word is nothing. It says to me that they have lost their integrity, along with their quality.

I also get what your saying about just getting your deposit refunded. That's not good enough after all the years of hype and waiting. If they had a consistent ES structure and price point , it would make things easier for them. They also need to cut their licenses in half. This isn't a hate thread towards SS. SS, I'm trying to save you.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:43 PM   #23
Vader
Ghost

they are also making profits from those who cancel prior to their decision to "cancel" the product. those people still get stuck with the NRD charge.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:46 PM   #24
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Collectors are moving on from SS.

Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Indeed, Chris, more and more collectors like myself are tired of the excuses Sideshow dishes out on a regular basis for why their pieces don't measure up and have shifted their collecting budget toward other companies that are committed to putting out quality pieces that actually match their prototypes detail for detail. These same collectors also value the straight forward and up front rapport that these companies have toward their customers which is something that Sideshow struggles with or ignores altogether.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
They need to dial back the massive amount of product they WANT to release and make only what they can release WELL. It's not only the large number of different items but the huge edition sizes that are causing their QC issues and turning collectors off.

Unfortunately, I think the Sideshow higher ups just want to cash in on their investments without thinking long term. "Make as many as possible of everything that we have a license to while we still can."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuca View Post
I concur and it's not that I really want to but it's unfair how in most cases the product doesn't live up to expectation.
Totally agree. At least the people with common sense are beginning to move away. I think it's only a matter of time before other renowned collectors, renowned youtubers, and renowned reviewers alike start to realize that Sideshow doesn't have what it takes anymore, and decide to move on too. The collecting community will follow them along with all the other companies who stand up for the collector. Quality and trust sell over anything else. Power to the collectors.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 01:07 PM   #25
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Collectors are moving on from SS.

Chris
Sideshow were like the only restaurant in town, at first they built their reputation by serving excellent food and having impeccable service, but over time because they had no other resteraunts in town to compete with they got complacent and lazy and their food and customer began to slip, but since they were the only place in town we had no other choice but to eat there.

Well now more restaurants have come to town (XM, Chronicle, PCS, ECC) and they are serving better food.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 01:16 PM   #26
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

"I got some hair in my food"

"Each of our dishes are hand prepared, there are bound to be some imperfections."
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 01:19 PM   #27
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post

"Each of our dishes are hand prepared, there are bound to be some imperfections."
lmao! Too funny, dude!
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 01:38 PM   #28
wanderlai
The Tick

Quote:

Lol...Well done
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 01:45 PM   #29
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:

As much as I paid for this dish it should come perfect.
Old 03-25-2015, 01:48 PM   #30
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:

I got a scratch in the front quarter panel of my new $40,000 Mustang. I wanted a brand new quarter panel but they said to just return it.