Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-09-2019, 10:50 AM   #991
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Just speculating here, but perhaps the way her body is seated in the styrofoam, the legs are taking the brunt of the impacts to the boxes while in transit. For a 1/3 scale piece, her box is really small, so there’s not a lot of cushion there.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:15 AM   #992
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

(Duplicated Post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
Just speculating here, but perhaps the way her body is seated in the styrofoam, the legs are taking the brunt of the impacts to the boxes while in transit. For a 1/3 scale piece, her box is really small, so there’s not a lot of cushion there.
That’s a good point there. The only positive was the much cheaper shipping on CW relative to other recent 1/3 scale pieces:- (And while Catwoman herself may be a smallish statue in comparison her base is not).

Hush Batman ($150 California, $200 NY, NJ, FL, 210 Ontario - $213 Canada, $290 UK)

Hush Superman ($80 USA, $100 MD, FL)

Catwoman ($48.91 TN, Oklahoma, $52.01 NY, FL, $55.77 Maine)

Doomsday $275 (Florida, Montana, Oklahoma, New York, Arizona, $475 UK)

Arkham Knight Joker ($150.97 New York, $218 USD?, $216/$275 Canada, $319.55 Spain)

Arkham Origins Joker ($132.03 California, $148.79 Oklahoma)
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 12:55 PM   #993
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Opened mine today. Luckily, no leg breakage.

Every company should just make every statue look "battle damaged". It makes it so much more difficult to tell if there is any actual issue. I start looking at it... "crap - is that a SCRATCH? Is that one supposed to be there? What about that one? Whatever..."
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 05:00 PM   #994
Chunk
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I have a question for those who received a statue with broken legs. Is this something that is very obvious to the eye or something subtle? When you unfold the black fabric is it immediately glaring you in the face? I ask this because as far as I know mine arrived in perfect condition. I examined everything to the best of my ability and she stands on the base securely. After inspection I put her back in the box until I can figure out how to display her. After reading all the issues I'm getting worried though. I'm scared there may be some underlying defect I may have somehow overlooked. The box is incredibly heavy and unboxing and reboxing is quite an undertaking. I don't really want to do it again until I'm ready to display. Am I just being paranoid?
Chunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 05:18 PM   #995
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunk View Post
I have a question for those who received a statue with broken legs. Is this something that is very obvious to the eye or something subtle? When you unfold the black fabric is it immediately glaring you in the face? I ask this because as far as I know mine arrived in perfect condition. I examined everything to the best of my ability and she stands on the base securely. After inspection I put her back in the box until I can figure out how to display her. After reading all the issues I'm getting worried though. I'm scared there may be some underlying defect I may have somehow overlooked. The box is incredibly heavy and unboxing and reboxing is quite an undertaking. I don't really want to do it again until I'm ready to display. Am I just being paranoid?
I think it depends on whether this leg issue is due to manufacturing or packaging. If it’s manufacturing, it’s possible the whole run is weak in that area. If it’s packaging, it’s just a crap shoot whether your piece survives the journey to you without breakage.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 05:28 PM   #996
Chunk

I really couldn't see any flaws with my eyes so hopefully there's nothing underlying that will surface down the road. I'm probably just paranoid. Wish I knew if the breakage sticks out like a sore thumb or is something that could go unnoticed.

I don't think any of the breakage would be do to packaging. Even though the Styrofoam corners are absent the box actually seems more sturdy. The inner box has a more secure closeness to the shipper and there are new exterior supports bracing the outside corners of the shipper itself now.
Old 03-09-2019, 08:08 PM   #997
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunk View Post
I really couldn't see any flaws with my eyes so hopefully there's nothing underlying that will surface down the road. I'm probably just paranoid. Wish I knew if the breakage sticks out like a sore thumb or is something that could go unnoticed.
Don't worry, yours is fine. It's very noticeable. You can actually see the inside white polystone on mine.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 09:08 PM   #998
Chunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Don't worry, yours is fine. It's very noticeable. You can actually see the inside white polystone on mine.
Thank you very much for letting me know. I'm sorry that yourself and others weren't so lucky. Hopefully, you guys can get a new replacement. It's the holy grail of Catwoman imo.
Old 03-10-2019, 12:07 AM   #999
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Mine wasn’t very noticeable at first. I only noticed because I happened to see a slight gap between the boot and leg. I thought it was glued horribly by the factory, and it was wobbling on the internal wire frame, but on closer inspection, it is actually broken. My box seemed fine.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:52 AM   #1000
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Opened mine last night after hearing about all the leg breaks. Luckily, mine arrived with no damage. I ended up damaging one of her arms when the magnet sucked it into the socket harder than I expected. Now I have a little chip on the back of the left arm with the open hand. I wasn't planning on using that arm anyway, but it's still irritating. Other than what I did to her, she turned out absolutely fantastic. Plus, I LOVE that they included stands for the extra head sculpts. I really, really wish they'd do that for all their statues.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote