Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-10-2020, 05:17 PM   #10731
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Namor is an easy character to make amazing in a new relaunch of FF. He also could cameo into X-Men or any reference to the Illuminati if they went that deep with it.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 09:08 PM   #10732
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I love how that sounds . Some great stories with him especially Illuminati/ Cabal stuff.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 07:22 AM   #10733
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

For those still searching? Never too late, as through pure luck/timing, I managed to pick-up a reg, at a very fair price, considering. My quick take.

pros

Composition of the work is massive & brilliant, perfectly balanced with a very thick Thanos on throne.

SS captured the essence/vibe perfectly, as Thanos oozes menace, power, beautifully detailed anatomy, with the chair/throne bringing it home.

Color choices are fantastic, giving Thanos a truly regal appearance, with the chair's hues complimenting perfectly.

Cons

Would have preferred more aging/weathering/depth to the paint apps regarding the gold costume elements. Thanos is an old "soul", needed some "old gold".

And his eyes, though good, should/could have been done way better, with more depth, more detail, more pop. Other than that a great, great, statue.

P.S. If Sideshow could ever sculpt a companion Lady Death(?), the result could be epic. And I'm not talking about a "proximity" sculpt, but one specifically designed to mould/blend with Thanos, possibly hovering above his right shoulder, with her robes billowing towards the left, drawing our eye towards the gauntlet.

P.P.S. Now, if we can only end the way too long wait for a massive, brutish, fist swinging, vein pulsing HULK!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.P.P.S. It's all Rainer's fault! Thank you Rainer.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 11:53 AM   #10734
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
For those still searching? Never too late, as through pure luck/timing, I managed to pick-up a reg, at a very fair price, considering. My quick take.

pros

Composition of the work is massive & brilliant, perfectly balanced with a very thick Thanos on throne.

SS captured the essence/vibe perfectly, as Thanos oozes menace, power, beautifully detailed anatomy, with the chair/throne bringing it home.

Color choices are fantastic, giving Thanos a truly regal appearance, with the chair's hues complimenting perfectly.

Cons

Would have preferred more aging/weathering/depth to the paint apps regarding the gold costume elements. Thanos is an old "soul", needed some "old gold".

And his eyes, though good, should/could have been done way better, with more depth, more detail, more pop. Other than that a great, great, statue.

P.S. If Sideshow could ever sculpt a companion Lady Death(?), the result could be epic. And I'm not talking about a "proximity" sculpt, but one specifically designed to mould/blend with Thanos, possibly hovering above his right shoulder, with her robes billowing towards the left, drawing our eye towards the gauntlet.

P.P.S. Now, if we can only end the way too long wait for a massive, brutish, fist swinging, vein pulsing HULK!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.P.P.S. It's all Rainer's fault! Thank you Rainer.
Well this might work?

tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 11:57 AM   #10735
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
Well this might work?

tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 05:59 PM   #10736
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
Well this might work?

I can see you got all your bases covered regarding Thanos, and then some. Nice, extensive collection!

Xm Lady death is nice, but I was thinking of something way more subtle to compliment the SS Thanos composition as a whole. Besides, XM version has her looking in the opposite direction, which would counter Thanos's gaze.

A Lady Death who is leaning/floating, looking/gazing towards the left. Almost "embracing", touching the throne, with a possible boney hand resting on Thanos's right shoulder plate, with ALL robe motifs/movements flowing/billowing towards the left, guiding our eye towards Thanos's gauntlet.

A Lady Death who is an observer, a witness to the pending destruction about to be unleashed in her name.
Old 06-13-2021, 08:56 PM   #10737
koflach
A day without sunshine is like... night.

One gripe I had with the statue was how tight the tolerances of his armrests are in relation to the proximity of his legs. The armrest on the left side damaged the texturing on his legs near the knee when I first put it together.
koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 08:56 PM   #10738
koflach
A day without sunshine is like... night.

One gripe I had with the statue was how tight the tolerances of his armrests are in relation to the proximity of his legs. The armrest on the left side damaged the texturing on his legs near the knee when I first put it together.
koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 07:56 AM   #10739
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by koflach View Post

Mine came with a really high edition number, the most beat-up, stained, damp, torn outer box I've ever received, along with a rattling sound!?

On inspection, glad to report that the statue is in excellent shape, as great fittings, paint, light-up are all sound.

But, I just noticed my thruster is "out" on the right armrest? Either the factory forgot to paint it, or Thanos crushing the skull shorted-out the thruster? Regardless, I'm sticking with the latter, because as of now, we have a THANOS!!!
Old 06-15-2021, 09:43 AM   #10740
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Mine came with a really high edition number, the most beat-up, stained, damp, torn outer box I've ever received, along with a rattling sound!?

On inspection, glad to report that the statue is in excellent shape, as great fittings, paint, light-up are all sound.

But, I just noticed my thruster is "out" on the right armrest? Either the factory forgot to paint it, or Thanos crushing the skull shorted-out the thruster? Regardless, I'm sticking with the latter, because as of now, we have a THANOS!!!
Were you the person that just won the auction on eBay about a couple of weeks ago?
IronLungs31 is online now   Reply With Quote