Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-12-2017, 12:06 PM   #5651
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Anyone selling for 1500 will be selling at a loss after ebay and paypal fees. They better cancel those exclusive orders now.

I would say if you can get this at 2k you're doing well. If I see any selling at $1500 I'll buy a second one for myself.
Agree,

Also this will sell for well over $2k over the next several months and when the movies hit I expect to see +$3,500...

I would jump on anything less than $2k now.
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:10 PM   #5652
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowen or Bust View Post
That's a good choice, can someone photoshop Thanos next to this.

NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:26 PM   #5653
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Anyone selling for 1500 will be selling at a loss after ebay and paypal fees. They better cancel those exclusive orders now.

I would say if you can get this at 2k you're doing well. If I see any selling at $1500 I'll buy a second one for myself.
Not all transactions happen on ebay. There will be collectors that will sell on Facebook and forums. Those sellers will only have to cover paypal fees.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 04:18 PM   #5654
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Definitely. I've responded to comments on Facebook and YouTube about it.

I think it's hilarious. Sideshow makes too high of an ES and everyone complains, then the EX is too low and everyone loses their ----.
I'm just catching up with this whole debacle now, and I think it's absolutely priceless.

Many people are only happy if/when Sideshow's practices benefit them. It's not about any sort of general principle or ethic, it's a malaise brought on by not getting exactly what you want, when you want it. This is why they'll always get criticism no matter what they do, because it's impossible for them to give every one of their customers the outcome they're looking for when most care more about personal gain than principle. Which by the way I think is fine, because we're all selfish to some degree, but some self-awareness would be nice.

Sideshow makes its share of mistakes for sure, but I hope at least some people, particularly newer collectors, can now appreciate that Sideshow is walking a tight-rope with a piano strapped to their back.

Last edited by COI; 05-12-2017 at 04:22 PM.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 04:33 PM   #5655
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
Many people are only happy if/when Sideshow's practices benefit them.
aaaaaaand nailed it again
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 05:22 PM   #5656
Ulfnar
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
I'm just catching up with this whole debacle now, and I think it's absolutely priceless.

Many people are only happy if/when Sideshow's practices benefit them. It's not about any sort of general principle or ethic, it's a malaise brought on by not getting exactly what you want, when you want it. This is why they'll always get criticism no matter what they do, because it's impossible for them to give every one of their customers the outcome they're looking for when most care more about personal gain than principle. Which by the way I think is fine, because we're all selfish to some degree, but some self-awareness would be nice.

Sideshow makes its share of mistakes for sure, but I hope at least some people, particularly newer collectors, can now appreciate that Sideshow is walking a tight-rope with a piano strapped to their back.

I for one am still bummed that i missed out on the EX by a matter of minutes due to having a job that doesn't allow me to have access to the internet all the time. personally I'd like if they didn't put things up for sale until like 7-10 pm so that the majority of people get a fair shake at ordering it.

Other than that I know it's simply tough ---- for me, can't win them all right. I'm sure i'll still be gushing over the regular version when i get it in hand if it looks ANYTHING like prototype since 95% of the statue is same between both versions.

I also know that if I was one of the lucky ones to have gotten the EX on PO i'd be perfectly happy with the situation lol, good old self interest. but yea having the self awareness to know when your feelings are coming from a purely selfish place isn't a bad thing.
Ulfnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 05:40 PM   #5657
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulfnar View Post
I for one am still bummed that i missed out on the EX by a matter of minutes due to having a job that doesn't allow me to have access to the internet all the time. personally I'd like if they didn't put things up for sale until like 7-10 pm so that the majority of people get a fair shake at ordering it.

Other than that I know it's simply tough ---- for me, can't win them all right. I'm sure i'll still be gushing over the regular version when i get it in hand if it looks ANYTHING like prototype since 95% of the statue is same between both versions.

I also know that if I was one of the lucky ones to have gotten the EX on PO i'd be perfectly happy with the situation lol, good old self interest. but yea having the self awareness to know when your feelings are coming from a purely selfish place isn't a bad thing.
I missed my shot as well because I was busy with work and "unplugged" for a bit. I'm not happy that I didn't get a shot at the EX, so I get the frustration.

But I also recognize that Sideshow did with this piece what people have been begging them to do for YEARS now: go back to reasonable edition sizes, disclosed upfront, with a decent EX. And despite not getting an EX, I'm glad to see them take that route.

People want low prices, low edition sizes, fast delivery times, high quality, and priority access all at the same time; it's fantasy land. I hate using this term because it has become a buzzword, but the entitlement is off the charts bananas.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 05:48 PM   #5658
Ulfnar
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
I missed my shot as well because I was busy with work and "unplugged" for a bit. I'm not happy that I didn't get a shot at the EX, so I get the frustration.

But I also recognize that Sideshow did with this piece what people have been begging them to do for YEARS now: go back to reasonable edition sizes, disclosed upfront, with a decent EX. And despite not getting an EX, I'm glad to see them take that route.

People want low prices, low edition sizes, fast delivery times, high quality, and priority access all at the same time; it's fantasy land. I hate using this term because it has become a buzzword, but the entitlement is off the charts bananas.
Yep, I see hilarious levels of entitlement from people all the time at work. "what do you mean i have to pay to have it repaired after I broke it by smashing it? isn't that what manufacturers warranty is for?" As such I try to keep my hypocrisy levels as low as possible when it comes to that as hypocrisy is my number 1 most hated thing in the world.

Personally, I'm ok with the price being higher than it used to be as long as we're getting an equivalent rise in quality. Edition size is tough to balance, too many and people don't feel it's collectible, too few and tons of people miss out on actually being able to own it.
Ulfnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 07:29 PM   #5659
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Yeah we're bummed too but it is what it is, complaining on here won't do anything! If we want it will have to pay extra for it or just get regular which is what will most likely do after we see edition size!!

I haven't missed a sideshow piece in long long time but this reminds of way it use to be!! It's bittersweet...

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:05 PM   #5660
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Yeah we're bummed too but it is what it is, complaining on here won't do anything! If we want it will have to pay extra for it or just get regular which is what will most likely do after we see edition size!!

I haven't missed a sideshow piece in long long time but this reminds of way it use to be!! It's bittersweet...

Sarah
I know I was heartbroken as soon as I heard that you, VS1976 and Comicbookguy missed out on the exclusive. I'm sure most of us here were.