Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-14-2014, 06:45 AM   #3151
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for more choice on the same character.
I'm not so much for it when you have that much choice on a few characters while other characters are made with subpar standards. See Daredevil, Emma Frost, Jean Grey to mention three Marvel characters with high expectations, done for the first time and that (rightfully) had a poor impact on the community.
It makes me wish they waited more to make the new Doom or the rainbow Hulks and focused better on, say, Daredevil.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 01:21 PM   #3152
victorc
Justice League

Hi, SSAlex, I want to cancel 3 of my pre orders (EX wonder woman, EX conan and EX Dr Doom), I just want to keep my EX Gray Hulk pre order. My question is, what options I have to get back my NRD? It could be possible transfer my NRD to another account?
victorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 01:41 PM   #3153
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorc View Post
Hi, SSAlex, I want to cancel 3 of my pre orders (EX wonder woman, EX conan and EX Dr Doom), I just want to keep my EX Gray Hulk pre order. My question is, what options I have to get back my NRD? It could be possible transfer my NRD to another account?
There are no options,can only transfer 1 of them.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 02:24 PM   #3154
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Hello Alex,

First I would like to thank you for the level of participation on Statueforum. Our owner, Danny, the mods, and most members appreciate it. Even with some of the abuse you take it professionally.

But on to my question. Let's talk shipping. As orders are taken I'm supposing the database that keeps track of all these orders can then be queried by Flex payments, country ordered, who ordered when (i.e. first to last), state/zip code, etc.

So when a shipment of a particular statuearrives to Sideshow's warehouse, there must be some type of "organization" of the boxes. Are they just all placed in one area and then pulled by flex pay, full pay? country ordered from? US states/zip code?

Fill us in on how this works. I'm curious.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:30 PM   #3155
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Another question:
any hint on what's happening with DC license being handled to multiple companies in the last few weeks? I thought that Sideshow held some kind of exclusive on it.
Also, am I over analyzing, or it seems to be a pattern?

-Sideshow shown 1/4 movie statues, then the project never happened > DC license given to Prime1 (which mostly deals with maquettes)
-Sideshow shown the Catwoman Legendary Scale (which seemed finished already) a life ago, then nothing happens > DC license given to Imaginarium Art (which only made 1:2 Marvel statues up to now)

Plus the 1/4 license given to Prototypez for kits.
Seems like an odd move for DC, considering how conservative they've been until recently.
Old 12-15-2014, 04:26 PM   #3156
Shin-Gizmo
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Hi Alex. Just curious if the King Hulk pf shown here is the prototype or a production piece. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	500287-king-hulk-006.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	87718  
Shin-Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 04:27 PM   #3157
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil or Divine View Post
JUST WONDERING IF THERE IS ANY PLAN AT ALL TO RELEASE A CABLE PF...HEARD A LONG TIME AGO THAT ONE WAS TEASED??

OR PERHAPS A MR SINISTER PF?

THANKS!
Sorry but I haven't heard any Cable news. :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
To put things bluntly: if Sideshow has little to no limit with Marvel licenses, why keep on re-doing the same characters all over again?
Some characters (especially the A listers) are simply ones that make sense to revisit. Many folks have missed out on past releases from these A list characters, so being able to provide new folks (or even folks that have been around for a shorter time period) the ability to get their hands on an Iron Man or Spider-Man piece makes sense. When I look over what's been released for Marvel pieces I see a lot of A listers but I also see a good mix of others as well (some well received and others not)….X-23, Man-Thing (I personally love this piece and so regret that I never picked one up), The Thing, She-Hulk, Black Queen, Black Panther, Ultron, Nightcrawler, and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
I guess I just assumed you were a customer service person. For all I know you are a sculptor or painter.
I'm part of the EComm team and not Customer Service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Alex - when is the HT RoboCop coming into stock? I'd hope to get it off you guys for Xmas.
Which one? The DIECAST one already started to ship and the Robocop with mechanical chair is set to start shipping this week I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
I just want to know if the Wonder Woman 2nd batch will have enough replacements if arrives damaged.
We try to accommodate replacements based on the entire run of an item, so hopefully folks that get their Wonder Woman in a later batch will have no issues with getting a replacement should it arrived damaged in some way. If a replacement is not available, a full refund is always an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorc View Post
There is a one time courtesy option for folks to transfer or have refunded ONE NRD. But I would definitely contact our Customer Service department via live chat, email or phone to see if anything can be done with the 3 orders you referenced above. Please do not cancel any of those orders through your account yourself until you've talked to our CS department directly. If you cancel these orders yourself, a transfer or refund will not be possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Hello Alex,

First I would like to thank you for the level of participation on Statueforum. Our owner, Danny, the mods, and most members appreciate it. Even with some of the abuse you take it professionally.

But on to my question. Let's talk shipping. As orders are taken I'm supposing the database that keeps track of all these orders can then be queried by Flex payments, country ordered, who ordered when (i.e. first to last), state/zip code, etc.

So when a shipment of a particular statuearrives to Sideshow's warehouse, there must be some type of "organization" of the boxes. Are they just all placed in one area and then pulled by flex pay, full pay? country ordered from? US states/zip code?

Fill us in on how this works. I'm curious.
Some of your questions I won't be able to answer as I don't work directly in our shipping department. I do know that product is set aside/stored in our warehouse for FLEXPayers that still have an payment installments to pay. Once they are fully paid, their item will be shipped off to them.

Once orders are ready to be sent out, labels and other info that is needed is printed out, pieces are pulled one at a time, label is placed on box, shipment (as a whole) is put in a waiting area to then be picked up by UPS and/or FEDEX that day.

Obviously there will be some items that ship out in a slightly different manner (such as two items packed together to be shipped at once, items that have a pack out on them (i.e.: having their item double packed essentially)) and as such that would mean the flow for those special cases would be a little different.

Quote:
Another question:
any hint on what's happening with DC license being handled to multiple companies in the last few weeks? I thought that Sideshow held some kind of exclusive on it.
Also, am I over analyzing, or it seems to be a pattern?

-Sideshow shown 1/4 movie statues, then the project never happened > DC license given to Prime1 (which mostly deals with maquettes)
-Sideshow shown the Catwoman Legendary Scale (which seemed finished already) a life ago, then nothing happens > DC license given to Imaginarium Art (which only made 1:2 Marvel statues up to now)

Plus the 1/4 license given to Prototypez for kits.
Seems like an odd move for DC, considering how conservative they've been until recently.
There can be instances where only XYZ company will be given the rights to produce XYZ product. But it's incredibly rare for a licensor to only partner up with one sole company. In the end it's their brand and if they wish to distribute it to many companies then that is what they will do (makes perfect sense too).

I think you may be overanalyzing how licensing works in general. As I said, licensors will filter out rights to create goods of their brands as they wish, so other companies having the ability to made other 1/4 scale kits, statues, etc. makes total sense when looking at it from a licensor standpoint. Yes, there are unique situations where rights are only given exclusively but for larger licenses (Star Wars, Marvel, DC, etc.) that's not how it works typically.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 04:36 PM   #3158
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Thanks for the inputs on licensing. Can you disclose if this has anything to do with the delays on the Nolan movies PFs that were teased a long time ago? It seems they've been replaiced by the Arkham videogame serie PFs, which is not bad at all imho, some interesting designs in that serie.
On the matter, probably someone already asked, is the Arkham line starting with Batman again? Also, the annuncement picture only states "Arkham City" & "Arham Asylum" - this implies that Deathstroke would be a no-go since he's in Arkham Origins?
Old 12-15-2014, 04:47 PM   #3159
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin-Gizmo View Post
Hi Alex. Just curious if the King Hulk pf shown here is the prototype or a production piece. Thanks
That is a production piece.

Quote:
Thanks for the inputs on licensing. Can you disclose if this has anything to do with the delays on the Nolan movies PFs that were teased a long time ago? It seems they've been replaiced by the Arkham videogame serie PFs, which is not bad at all imho, some interesting designs in that serie.
On the matter, probably someone already asked, is the Arkham line starting with Batman again? Also, the annuncement picture only states "Arkham City" & "Arham Asylum" - this implies that Deathstroke would be a no-go since he's in Arkham Origins?
Were there Nolan items teased in the past? Hmmmm. I know, I know there were some things here and there that looked like a Heath Ledger Joker piece but as I said in the past unless it's been officially announced on our site then anything shown should be considered some fun behind the scenes things people get to see. But IF there were more Nolan movie items coming (since the Life-Size Bust has already been released) they would not be replaced with Arkham video game items. Arkham stuff has been in the works for a very long time and nothing was bumped or replaced to make Arkham items.

As for what the Arkham line is starting with, y'all will just have to wait and see. Maybe it will be Batman…maybe it will not be Batman. :-) And as far as I'm aware our license is for Asylum and City at this time.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 05:27 PM   #3160
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
That is a production piece.
Does that mean this is also a production piece?

Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote