Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-01-2015, 02:45 AM   #3671
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
Question on the San Diego Comic Con 2015. Will Sideshow booth be bigger than last year and will there be online event on the website?
It would be the same size as last year. Yes, there will be an online event that will start at the end of June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Alex sorry for me being slow - are you talking of effective release (reaching collector's hands) or preorder day, in these time frames you mentioned?
As odd as it seems, I'm already budging so far ahead lol.
Sorry, The Mule. I should have very much specified. By release I meant Pre-Order...not in people's hands.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 03:06 AM   #3672
k-9
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

hi alex, with the new spidey line now in full swing how far apart will each character be up for pre-order?

really hope you keep the momentum going with this line.

strike while the iron is hot, unless your a dock worker holding up my statues lol
cheers
k-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 05:25 AM   #3673
Seanrm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
That is the upcoming Demithyle piece but it's not 100% completed in that photo. There are still some minor addition being added to him and a fully finished piece will be at SDCC this year. The only changes that occurred with this piece are some additional cut and sew elements added to his 'skirt', new base, slight color scheme update, possibility a few slight paint updates, and the new beads/bobble additions that have yet to be added on. This piece will not include the switch-out portrait with helmet or the switch-out hand holding the sword.
Alex, as owners of the original Reaper will now own something equivalent to an "Ex", and as you know from your records which of the 300 or so customers ordered the original directly from you, will you be refunding the difference should this piece be offered for sale at less than the 2012 $999 asking price?

Thanks.

Sean.
Seanrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 06:23 AM   #3674
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
Sorry, The Mule. I should have very much specified. By release I meant Pre-Order...not in people's hands.
Thanks Alex!
Last question: I've just read that a 1:4 scale Thanos by Canale is expected to be shown at this year's SDCC, can you confirm it? Or in general can you tell if you're working on a 1:4 scale Thanos?
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 08:26 AM   #3675
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thanks Alex!
Last question: I've just read that a 1:4 scale Thanos by Canale is expected to be shown at this year's SDCC, can you confirm it? Or in general can you tell if you're working on a 1:4 scale Thanos?
Where did you read this?
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 08:33 AM   #3676
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Where did you read this?
Freaks board, first post:
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/fo...l-piece-5.html

There's no source and I haven't read anything about it before, but the guy there seems pretty confident and made me dubious hope for Alex to shed some light.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 11:05 AM   #3677
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Hope your right.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 04:24 PM   #3678
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-9 View Post
hi alex, with the new spidey line now in full swing how far apart will each character be up for pre-order?

really hope you keep the momentum going with this line.

strike while the iron is hot, unless your a dock worker holding up my statues lol
cheers
The expected companion piece that's been hinted at would be several months away before it went up for Pre-Order as it's not a fully completed piece yet, so it's still got a ways to go (i.e.: full sculpt to be completed, mold/casted, painted, approval processes with the licensor and our own internal approval process, getting the factory cost, etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanrm View Post
Alex, as owners of the original Reaper will now own something equivalent to an "Ex", and as you know from your records which of the 300 or so customers ordered the original directly from you, will you be refunding the difference should this piece be offered for sale at less than the 2012 $999 asking price?

Thanks.

Sean.
The original Reaper General LSF is a stand alone piece and is not considered an Exclusive of the upcoming Demithyle - Reaper General piece. Refunds of any differences of costs between these two separate projects/pieces to those that own the original Reaper General LSF would not occur.

Quote:
Thanks Alex!
Not sure how rumors like this get started, ha! There is no Thanos piece expected to show at SDCC this year. As to whether a Thanos is even being worked on I really do not know. Hopefully...but of the pieces I do know coming down the pipeline in the near future, that particular destroyer of worlds is not one of them.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 04:27 PM   #3679
BurningRage
Inhumans

1. Are there any new DC comic version life size busts in development?
2. Did the Catwoman lsf get cancelled?
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 04:31 PM   #3680
yeek
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Welcome back Alex!

Any updates on the Vader LSF?
yeek is offline   Reply With Quote