Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-03-2018, 11:38 AM   #151
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Is there a thread that gives the full history of what you guys are talking about? What refunds are people waiting for? The original post in this one sheds no light on the subject and I'm curious as to what's going on since I just placed a preorder for a PCS piece through Sideshow.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 11:40 AM   #152
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
If you hold out, until you receive the items you ordered

Mileena 1/3 shipping soon, can't wait!
Chun-Li 1/3 hopefully ship's not long after

Yeah, I don't blame SS for the situation but it was one of those things where I felt a little pressured to act since SS sent: "You have one week to confirm your PCS orders" and I was more confident in SS of course since I've been waiting a year now for a Blanka refund with no action besides some false promises from PCS. I'll still hold faith in SS but if somehow PCS gets out of paying and SS still does business with them...
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 11:43 AM   #153
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khev View Post
Is there a thread that gives the full history of what you guys are talking about? What refunds are people waiting for? The original post in this one sheds no light on the subject and I'm curious as to what's going on since I just placed a preorder for a PCS piece through Sideshow.

You should be safe since SS is distributing. PCS has had a history the past year or two of not refunding customers because of money issues behind the scenes. Jerry(the owner and founder) sold the company and left it in a financial mess after pissing off long time customers who helped grow the company. SS became a distributer of PCS and offered a full refund or store credit a couple months ago for existing preorders of PCS customers but PCS doesn't have the funds to pay SS to do this. Many think we're out of our money(I had 5k worth paid in full, I canceled for reasons in my previous post).
Old 10-03-2018, 11:48 AM   #154
Khev

Oh wow, geez. Thanks for breaking it down.

Are the new owners putting out a good final product? I just preordered their She-Ra and hope that it ends up looking like the prototype.
Old 10-03-2018, 11:49 AM   #155
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
All preorders with SS is safe... It's just prior PCS order's before SS became the PCS distributor. SS is the safest place to preorder from.
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 12:07 PM   #156
manboy
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
I got all my refunds after 6 months and repeated emails. I was patient but was getting worried that they may go under and be gone with my money. I decided to cancel all my many po's since by the time I get them I would lose more than my deposits and have to waste my time and risk breaking parts to try to sell them since I no longer have the space for these. My deposits were 2k. I canceled the 1:3 ryu all versions, 1;3 Chun li, blue ken, pink ken, lord darkness, etc.....I was very worried after months and months went by. But I got lucky and finally received them last year. All these can be had for 50% off after release now so whats the point. lol
That was last year though. Company took a landslide since then it seems
manboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 12:12 PM   #157
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Oh wow, geez. Thanks for breaking it down.

Are the new owners putting out a good final product? I just preordered their She-Ra and hope that it ends up looking like the prototype.

From what I've seen yes, some of their latest are some of their best. Although some don't like the fabric on the 1/3 MK ninja statues, admittedly they don't look nearly as good as the protos did but they're still good imo. I hope they turn it around, they kind of killed their reputation and the way Jerry left it was clear it wasn't good(keeping it quiet he was selling, then leaving as an art director). I think Jerry's a good sculptor but his business sense just sucks tbh. He admits he's not a business man but he's talking about starting another business, so go figure lol.

Look at it like this, Jerry bought a new Ferrari while shortly after or around the same time his company can't refund customers because of money problems. I'm sure he made his money so I guess he's successful if you look at it like that.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:29 PM   #158
Khev

Okay good to hear on the production quality of current pieces. Thanks for the updates everyone. Sorry to hear that a number of you might end up getting screwed by Jerry's business practices.
Old 10-03-2018, 01:13 PM   #159
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
From what I've seen yes, some of their latest are some of their best. Although some don't like the fabric on the 1/3 MK ninja statues, admittedly they don't look nearly as good as the protos did but they're still good imo. I hope they turn it around, they kind of killed their reputation and the way Jerry left it was clear it wasn't good(keeping it quiet he was selling, then leaving as an art director). I think Jerry's a good sculptor but his business sense just sucks tbh. He admits he's not a business man but he's talking about starting another business, so go figure lol.

Look at it like this, Jerry bought a new Ferrari while shortly after or around the same time his company can't refund customers because of money problems. I'm sure he made his money so I guess he's successful if you look at it like that.
Even if you don't like the fabric it's pretty much the same as the previous ones.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 01:48 PM   #160
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
You should be safe since SS is distributing. PCS has had a history the past year or two of not refunding customers because of money issues behind the scenes. Jerry(the owner and founder) sold the company and left it in a financial mess after pissing off long time customers who helped grow the company. SS became a distributer of PCS and offered a full refund or store credit a couple months ago for existing preorders of PCS customers but PCS doesn't have the funds to pay SS to do this. Many think we're out of our money(I had 5k worth paid in full, I canceled for reasons in my previous post).
Excellently written synopsis!
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote