Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 04-29-2017, 03:46 PM   #1851
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I'm happy to hear this Jerry and i don't want to take away form the Chun Li thread anymore but...

I always remember you saying you sculpted the original 1/4 Akuma for fun and it was never your intention to get back into the business after Sota Toys and i see all this stuff flying around these forums and i think to my self "yeah Jerry isn't going to be doing this much longer, he doesn't need all this ---- and this was never the intention" lol.

I feel Bowen got to the same point and i always remember Randy saying he didn't want to get any bigger because he still wanted to sculpt and he didn't want to just run the day to day things.

Super happy you'll be handing it over to others to get things done but more importantly, super happy that you can just give us those killer sculpts still.

Guessing you'll still be handing what licenses you do and art directing etc?
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 03:54 PM   #1852
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I'm happy to hear this Jerry and i don't want to take away form the Chun Li thread anymore but...

I always remember you saying you sculpted the original 1/4 Akuma for fun and it was never your intention to get back into the business after Sota Toys and i see all this stuff flying around these forums and i think to my self "yeah Jerry isn't going to be doing this much longer, he doesn't need all this ---- and this was never the intention" lol.

I feel Bowen got to the same point and i always remember Randy saying he didn't want to get any bigger because he still wanted to sculpt and he didn't want to just run the day to day things.

Super happy you'll be handing it over to others to get things done but more importantly, super happy that you can just give us those killer sculpts still.

Guessing you'll still be handing what licenses you do and art directing etc?
I will give up my title as President and basically do a 'Bill Gates' and become Creative Director.

Which means I will still be overseeing everything creative (which includes licenses) but this will give me more time to sculpt, which Im really looking forward to

And yes Randy and I have had some good discussions on runnning a company but really just wanting to be an artist. Randy is one of my heroes.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 04:27 PM   #1853
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
How about a horizontal status bar showing the progress, positioned just below the image. If could look similar to a SF health status
This could also be applied all statues listed on the website.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Thats actually a really cool idea. But we cant spedn the money to do it on the temp site.

Im going to forward the idea to the web developer though
That's what new (and somewhat mysterious) company Molecule8 seems to be doing with their first release, a 1:6 Lennon figure. (Scroll down to see it)
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 05:28 PM   #1854
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Jerry are you allow to say how many confirm versions of chun li we will get? I can think of these which has been made with the 1/4pf production and custom popular versions.

Original
Red
Pink
Black

Alpha

The dress version I have no idea where that came from

How about making 2 variant colors like the red and pink dress with like a 25 Es as a fun bonus? I would be against more repaint full runs. But at 25 it would be fun.

Thanks! Need to start thinking of which ones to buy.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 05:37 PM   #1855
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Jerry are you allow to say how many confirm versions of chun li we will get? I can think of these which has been made with the 1/4pf production and custom popular versions.

Original
Red
Pink
Black

Alpha

The dress version I have no idea where that came from

How about making 2 variant colors like the red and pink dress with like a 25 Es as a fun bonus? I would be against more repaint full runs. But at 25 it would be fun.

Thanks! Need to start thinking of which ones to buy.
Factory isnt going to do 25 pieces without upcharging a lot for them
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 05:45 PM   #1856
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Factory isnt going to do 25 pieces without upcharging a lot for them
Oh.. never knew this. I thought they could just add it into the big runs with different color dresses. Oh well.. just a wishful thought. Thanks for the reply. At least we won't be getting gold variants like every p1 statue
Old 04-29-2017, 09:10 PM   #1857
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
I will give up my title as President and basically do a 'Bill Gates' and become Creative Director.

Which means I will still be overseeing everything creative (which includes licenses) but this will give me more time to sculpt, which Im really looking forward to

And yes Randy and I have had some good discussions on runnning a company but really just wanting to be an artist. Randy is one of my heroes.
I feel ya. They want me to manage people, evaluate them, train them, teach them, but in the end, I just wanna animate and develop.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 09:42 PM   #1858
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
I feel ya. They want me to manage people, evaluate them, train them, teach them, but in the end, I just wanna animate and develop.
I'm here for hire! I have no college degree but believe me. I know my super heroes, cartoons, 80s stuff, sw etc. but nothing too much about games. I do watch some anime from the early days including both Voltron, thunder cats, and gi joe. saw many episodes of the simpsons so I learn a ton. Everyone at the grocery store I worked says I'm a huge comic fan. Bigger than all of my entire store with 400 team members. Now that's saying something!
As for the chun li's is the version wearing the dress the latest game or anime version?
Old 04-29-2017, 09:49 PM   #1859
archery
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
I feel like the industry has changed and I didnt change with it. And honestly, I dont want to change.
Don't change on the creative side of things. Your artistic direction is why most of us buy from PCS. You're an old school sculptor who prioritizes anatomy and pose - as it should be. Many companies have gone overboard on details and bases in the digital age but still get the basics wrong. The best PCS pieces such as Akuma 1:1 and Sagat 1:4 are simple, elegant and timeless and are as good as anything I've seen from your competition.

Quote:
So, as I mentioned earlier in this thread. Im bringing in some people to run PCS. Im going to step away from the business completely and just focus on making the art.
Good to hear. It should be the job of the new Business people to turn your prototypes into high quality product. They should take responsibility and the blame when things go wrong.

Focus on what you do best - making kick ass statues.

archery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 10:28 PM   #1860
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
I'm here for hire! I have no college degree but believe me. I know my super heroes, cartoons, 80s stuff, sw etc. but nothing too much about games. I do watch some anime from the early days including both Voltron, thunder cats, and gi joe. saw many episodes of the simpsons so I learn a ton. Everyone at the grocery store I worked says I'm a huge comic fan. Bigger than all of my entire store with 400 team members. Now that's saying something!
As for the chun li's is the version wearing the dress the latest game or anime version?
Personally i think you should run PCS, you'd have my vote to be new president.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote