Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 01-07-2017, 07:04 AM   #481
Darth_Ryan
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Wow this looks great. Will get one soon
Darth_Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 02:18 AM   #482
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Mine arrived. Although it's visually impressive, I can't shake the feeling it feels cheaply made. This is the same feeling I had when I saw the newborn at SDCC. It's definitely not on the ECC level, but if it was I'm guessing the price would've been 3X higher. The paint job on the dreadlocks is pretty damn bad.

I'm guessing the intention with this piece was for it to be viewed 5-10ft away.

Probably my last CP piece. Going to cancel the Alien warrior head.

candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 05:55 AM   #483
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

sorry to hear you're not that impressed with this candyrocket, I suppose it depends on how high you set you're expectation levels. If you where expecting something like ecc would deliver then it would definitely dissapoint (but like you say ecc would have been way more expensive) I think it's fairer to compare it to something in the same price bracket, so more on the sideshow level and compared to the P1 bust it's very good and even improves on that piece in some areas.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 07:40 AM   #484
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
I think it's fairer to compare it to something in the same price bracket, so more on the sideshow level and compared to the P1 bust it's very good and even improves on that piece in some areas.
Well said. While I do not own this piece I really think it is beautifully done. People tend to forget that this is a mass produced collectible and CP pulled off the complex paintjob beautifully. Especially when you compare it to the SS legendary scale bust , and maquette. Those pieces are not even in the same street with this one.
That being said this is my opinion only.
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 10:20 AM   #485
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
sorry to hear you're not that impressed with this candyrocket, I suppose it depends on how high you set you're expectation levels. If you where expecting something like ecc would deliver then it would definitely dissapoint (but like you say ecc would have been way more expensive) I think it's fairer to compare it to something in the same price bracket, so more on the sideshow level and compared to the P1 bust it's very good and even improves on that piece in some areas.
I did compare it to my Atom (Real Steel), War Machine and MK III busts( all Sideshow/SWS pieces) and my Guyver (ECC). Pricewise, they were all cheaper than this guy and just appear to have a better build quality.

If the Pred was in the $600-800 range I'd be ok with it.

Do we know how many of these CP produced?
Old 01-15-2017, 02:21 PM   #486
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
I didn't see any improvements over the P1 besides the quills, the P1 has a way better paint app in the mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
I did compare it to my Atom (Real Steel), War Machine and MK III busts( all Sideshow/SWS pieces) and my Guyver (ECC). Pricewise, they were all cheaper than this guy and just appear to have a better build quality.

If the Pred was in the $600-800 range I'd be ok with it.

Do we know how many of these CP produced?
they are still making them. Back up for PO on the SS site.
azurepred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 03:19 PM   #487
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Mine arrived. Although it's visually impressive, I can't shake the feeling it feels cheaply made. . . . The paint job on the dreadlocks is pretty damn bad. I'm guessing the intention with this piece was for it to be viewed 5-10ft away . . .
The intention was for it to be the same size, style, material, weight and appearance as the Sideshow P1 1:1 bust from 2005.

The perfect partner piece.

They achieved that perfectly.

The paint on the dreds & beading is fine, its the SCULPTING of the "join point" between them that is bad - which means there is not enough definition for the bead paintwork to look good. certainly the low point of the piece (along with the excess yellow drool that SOME copies have)

Still VERY well worth the price and zero regrets on the purchase from me.

It'll probably grow on you.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 03:32 PM   #488
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
I didn't see any improvements over the P1 besides the quills, the P1 has a way better paint app in the mouth
Teeth are a lot better, acrylic vs resin. Mouth paint varies bust to bust but apart from more veining on the P1 there's not much in it. Metallic areas are better done on the P2 and as you mention quills are better.
The most important thing is they make very good companion pieces with neither one standing out as vastly superior and that's exactly what I was pleased about.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:49 AM   #489
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
The intention was for it to be the same size, style, material, weight and appearance as the Sideshow P1 1:1 bust from 2005.
I guess our expectations/standards were pretty low back in 2005 or these imperfections were on the original P2 prop/costume.

However, if you're 5-10ft away, it looks impressive.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:36 PM   #490
azurepred
Zot

I don't think CP took a lot of time in cleaning up the molds for these props. Just look how warped the warrior heads are.
azurepred is online now   Reply With Quote