Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 06-13-2016, 11:12 PM   #1941
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

It is supposed to be a more polished metal look and not mirror chrome. The future finish of the 1:1s is also up in the air as the original producer quit.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 01:16 AM   #1942
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Never said mirror chrome. Chrome comes in various styles. It is the term used to describe any polished metal effect. Which is what some people want because T2 endos had polished metal. Problem is this isn't T2, it's TG, which had polished aluminum. The two are quite different in appearance.

If you've ever taken steel in it's freshly forged form and polished it to a shine and seen the Terminator movies, you'll notice real quick that the gang did extremely well replicating polished steel with paint.

At this point, if we can't get legacy paint to China(I could swear Paul managed to pull that off only because he pushed to make it happen with the 1:1 endo switch to Toynami factory. I may be mistaken...) I think I wish we could just go back to the original paint app. It was as close as Toynami could get it. Despite me liking that new appearance of it as of wonderfest, I don't see the point of changing it for a polished steel look if you can't do the polished steel look. It's better to just go back to aluminum. It is, after all, what people believed they were buying when it sold out....
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 03:57 AM   #1943
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Hi, Paul.My only concern with the 1/4 Endoskeleton, is looking at it, i'm just wondering if the weight of the Endo rifle will make the wrists break off over time, depending on how heavy the Endo rifle is.Thoughts?
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 04:39 AM   #1944
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
Never said mirror chrome. Chrome comes in various styles. It is the term used to describe any polished metal effect. Which is what some people want because T2 endos had polished metal. Problem is this isn't T2, it's TG, which had polished aluminum. The two are quite different in appearance.

If you've ever taken steel in it's freshly forged form and polished it to a shine and seen the Terminator movies, you'll notice real quick that the gang did extremely well replicating polished steel with paint.

At this point, if we can't get legacy paint to China(I could swear Paul managed to pull that off only because he pushed to make it happen with the 1:1 endo switch to Toynami factory. I may be mistaken...) I think I wish we could just go back to the original paint app. It was as close as Toynami could get it. Despite me liking that new appearance of it as of wonderfest, I don't see the point of changing it for a polished steel look if you can't do the polished steel look. It's better to just go back to aluminum. It is, after all, what people believed they were buying when it sold out....

Toynami did just fine with the CM endo, it isn't just about where it is produced. Some say you can clear coat alclad without dulling it, I've never tried tbh as I know not to handle it so much. A mass produced item like this that requires assembling needs some kind of protection for the paint. Although when applied properly, it isn't as delicate as some make out. My SSC Scar bio never received a clear coat, has been handled loads, fell off of a wall and the chrome finish is still fine.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:51 AM   #1945
jimmylace
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Based on the comments from the past few weeks I have just received another paint sample from the factory. I'm on my way to have it photographed and up on the site.

Payments are automatic and we are planning on 3rd quarter or sooner, they are in production now.

I want to get this right, we have had a few cancellations based on the photos posted, but we have a lot of wait list folks.

This piece is going to be very cool and I can't wait to start shipping them.

Paul

I'm stoked for this I have to say.
jimmylace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 08:55 AM   #1946
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post

Chrome is chrome plating, it is NOT a "term" used to describe a polished metal effect. Polishing and chroming are 2 very different things. T2 endos were painted to look like chrome and TG ones were painted to look polished. You can polish aluminum, steel, whatever to a chrome like finish, but it is not chrome.

The 1:1s are not being painted with legacy paint in China, even CC does not know what is going to get used with those yet. I am one of the 3 waiting to see what they come up with for mine that Blue Realm bailed on finishing for CC. I don't want any part of the finish used on the busts, that did not look good to me at all.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 10:50 AM   #1947
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Chrome is chrome plating, it is NOT a "term" used to describe a polished metal effect. Polishing and chroming are 2 very different things. T2 endos were painted to look like chrome and TG ones were painted to look polished. You can polish aluminum, steel, whatever to a chrome like finish, but it is not chrome.

The 1:1s are not being painted with legacy paint in China, even CC does not know what is going to get used with those yet. I am one of the 3 waiting to see what they come up with for mine that Blue Realm bailed on finishing for CC. I don't want any part of the finish used on the busts, that did not look good to me at all.
I saw Blue Realm at the Dallas Fan Expo a couple weeks ago. They had the 1:1 Endo on display. My wife saw it and told the guy that we have that one. He was really nice until I asked him why they weren't making them anymore. He wouldn't talk about it.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:15 AM   #1948
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

The main change was paint in the crevices. Terminators look like toys if they aren't painted all over and a good amount of black in the recessed areas.

The new version is spot on and actually looks a little battle worn without looking battle damaged.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 12:07 PM   #1949
Father_Jack
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
The main change was paint in the crevices. Terminators look like toys if they aren't painted all over and a good amount of black in the recessed areas.

The new version is spot on and actually looks a little battle worn without looking battle damaged.

Paul
Lol here we go again soooooo where are the pictures you bloody tease Paul
Father_Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 12:19 PM   #1950
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

The Endo is currently at the photographer, I hope to have them back tomorrow.
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote