Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-20-2019, 04:24 PM   #151
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
Dont click if you are going to whine.

Spoiler
Remember when we thought Jon being a Targaryen mattered more than just playing out one of the writer's incest fantasies?
I'm firmly in camp N+A=J and R+L=A these days.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 08:53 PM   #152
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDO View Post
They are just a few vocal people trying desperately to give the impression their opinion is of the majority.
Opinion on what? Season 8? Or the topic of this thread (GoT merchandise selling)?

If it's the latter, I happen to agree. Many can and will look past this season. If it's the former, you're factually wrong:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/caseyrackha...otten-tomatoes

All season 8 episodes are now ranked LOWER on imdb, than at the time of that article posting. Episodes 4 and 5 by .2, and the last episode by a whopping .7, down to 4.5 as of now. The last three are downright stinkers, by comparison to the rest of the show. A precipitous drop, considering the consistently high marks for all other episodes.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 09:59 PM   #153
Jiggatron69
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Opinion on what? Season 8? Or the topic of this thread (GoT merchandise selling)?

If it's the latter, I happen to agree. Many can and will look past this season. If it's the former, you're factually wrong:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/caseyrackha...otten-tomatoes

All season 8 episodes are now ranked LOWER on imdb, than at the time of that article posting. Episodes 4 and 5 by .2, and the last episode by a whopping .7, down to 4.5 as of now. The last three are downright stinkers, by comparison to the rest of the show. A precipitous drop, considering the consistently high marks for all other episodes.
Well, lets put it this way. Is P1 willing to take a risk on a property thats been this badly damaged so rapidly? All they have to do is try to do some modeling of Star Wars high end items especially TLJ property. Sure it would sell but would it really be a good idea for P1 to commit its limited resources into a property where you might end up with stuff in storage inventory for years on end. Disney can just absorb this stuff but i dont think P1 could produce an entire line of these things only for large chunks of it to sit in the warehouse.
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 10:40 PM   #154
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggatron69 View Post
Well, lets put it this way. Is P1 willing to take a risk on a property thats been this badly damaged so rapidly? All they have to do is try to do some modeling of Star Wars high end items especially TLJ property. Sure it would sell but would it really be a good idea for P1 to commit its limited resources into a property where you might end up with stuff in storage inventory for years on end. Disney can just absorb this stuff but i dont think P1 could produce an entire line of these things only for large chunks of it to sit in the warehouse.
You're just assuming that people won't buy because of season 8. When quite frankly not everyone hated season 8..... by the way season 8 wasn't nearly as damaging as TLJ.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 11:08 PM   #155
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
You're just assuming that people won't buy because of season 8. When quite frankly not everyone hated season 8..... by the way season 8 wasn't nearly as damaging as TLJ.
At this point I'm not certain TLJ was that damaging. Who's not going to see The Rise of Skywalker? This is where I can get on board with some of the more negative reactions in this thread. My significant other had only the most minor issues with this season. Besides a few colleagues at work she really doesn't talk about it. She's not one these people on-line loosing their minds over it. However she also isn't someone that would dream of buying a $800 statue of Jon Snow no matter how much she loves him. The people loosing their mind on the other hand will. That said I still think people are underestimating the continuing interest in this property and the love of these characters. I mean they are making Witcher statues. A wild guess is that GoT is a far more valuable property than The Witcher. I'm pretty sure Prime 1 can move 1000 to 1500 Jon Snow statues.
Commander0Zero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 11:11 PM   #156
leplant
Deadman

Hopefully they'll be making a Tyrion riding Dragon statue. Tyrion standing on Drogons back, with a flagon of beer in one hand, and his free arm wrapped around a scantily clad women.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 12:58 AM   #157
KELPIE
New Republic

I have no interest in statues from live action properties so this is a pass from me.

That said, I'm surprised at the character selection from fans in here?

Tyrion then daylight second.

I would need to be pushed for a second character that I think I would purchase in statue form...?

As for season 8, sure it was a dumpster fire, but I don't think anyone can say any of it was a surprise?
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 01:28 AM   #158
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Daenerys and drogon would be hot favourites and expected.

If they made the undead dragon with a white walker, I don’t see that statue not selling at all. That’s very good intellectual property right there. Riding the current popularity of the series I don’t see this being less popular than Lotr arguably.

Jon/ingrid/tormund are my hot favourites, love tht arc so much.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 09:17 AM   #159
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
At this point I'm not certain TLJ was that damaging. Who's not going to see The Rise of Skywalker?
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 09:34 AM   #160
Werson
Doh!

Why not? All depends on their value to each particular person
Werson is offline   Reply With Quote