Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 04-20-2013, 08:08 PM   #561
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb518 View Post

I assume it is a quick way to raise some cash without immediately having to produce artwork
Well, you pegged that on the head. Good for you.

Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:16 PM   #562
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Thanks for chiming in jb518.

Well, without knowing the full story, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'll keep a close eye on this thread, and if commissions start getting done I'll contact him. Like I said, his work and the amount of detail he puts into each piece is outstanding. I'd love to have him do something.

(I'm starting to figure out this whole commission game, and how important going through a rep is.)
gorocketcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:13 AM   #563
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb518 View Post
Hopefully the surgery goes smoothly and he's back up and running at 100% in short time.
george perez had eye surgery and it hasn't even slowed him down. that guys a beast.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:46 AM   #564
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Jamie's a good guy. It might take some time but I'm confident he'll get them done. I've got 2 from him and they're some of my favorites.
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:00 AM   #565
sonic509
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavehawk78 View Post
Jamie's a good guy. It might take some time but I'm confident he'll get them done. I've got 2 from him and they're some of my favorites.

Here's mine 20x30
His art is amazing.
sonic509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:50 AM   #566
Punisher1919
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post
Thanks for chiming in jb518.

Well, without knowing the full story, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'll keep a close eye on this thread, and if commissions start getting done I'll contact him. Like I said, his work and the amount of detail he puts into each piece is outstanding. I'd love to have him do something.

(I'm starting to figure out this whole commission game, and how important going through a rep is.)
I wouldn't be afraid to bid on an finished piece by Jamie, but I would definitely avoid commissioning him. Incredible Artist and I'm happy to own a piece from him but the entire experience was not good. Spotty communication, 1-2 years wait after payment. The whole eBay thing put a really bad taste in my mouth. I understand if a guy runs into some rough times and there is excessive wait, but I waited for a very long time and he continued to list predone pieces and commission opportunities on eBay. Jamie seems like a nice guy and his talent is undeniable, but save yourself the headache, just buy a predone eBay piece and avoid commissioning a new piece.
Punisher1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:07 AM   #567
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

I would love to get something from Jamie at some point. The thing that keeps me from going for it is the long wait.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:09 AM   #568
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

That 20 x 30 is amazing. Man, I really wish I could get something from him. Let's see how the next couple months unfold.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:04 AM   #569
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

sonic, your piece is awesome, no doubt. i emailed jamie the other day regarding the time frame on the ebay auctions getting done. figured id post his response here, because i love you guys.

my question:
"so, for your commission opportunities, we are looking at a month turnaround? will these be completed before your other works in progress? thanks."

jambes response:
"Hi. Sorry it took me so long to respond, but my eye problem makes even looking at my computer monitor painful. It is hard to say if it will be exactly a month before these pieces are done. I haven't made the actual surgery appointment yet, I am meeting with the surgeon this coming Friday. Once the surgery is performed, there is a 2 week heal time, then I will be starting on these. As for doing one before another, I usually work on anywhere from 2 to 4 pieces at a time, so they will be intermingled with my other projects. I never work on just one piece at a time as I suffer from adhd (I think, self diagnosed) and get bored and restless very easily. I will say that I will let the buyer know as soon as their piece is started and will get about one piece done a week until these auction pieces are finished and out the door.
Thanks so much for your interest in my work. I know this answer might seem a little vague, but my immediate future is a little vague as well at this point. I just know that this surgery will be performed as soon as possible so I can get back to work 100% and never have to worry about this problem again.
Thanks again.
Jamie"

Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:47 AM   #570
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

I contacted him as well, and he and I have exchanged a couple emails.

I don't want to take sides. I told him up front that I came across his work via statueforums, that people are warning against contacting him for work, and he explained his bit. I can't know which side is being 100% honest, nor is it my business.

I had myself added to his list, and he'll contact me when he starts, and only then will he accept 1/2 payment.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. In the personal emails he seems like a good enough guy, who has fallen on hard times, and has perhaps had business trouble in the past. Hopefully things work out for the best.