Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 07-20-2016, 10:00 PM   #1
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Classic Action BP paint ?

Yo. How's it go? So, the fine folks on SM (Your one-stop Bowen spot) helped me a bit on this one. Thought I'd give it a shot on here. I picked up the Classic Action BP and noticed some marking/lines on it. I thought it might be previous repair work (I bought it used), but another member had the same kind of marks on theirs. Now I'm just curious. A couple of possible explanations that were given were it being wrapped in unfavorable material by a previous owner and it being wrapped and boxed in the factory before the paint had time to completely dry (would make more sense given another member had the same issue). In any case, just wondering if anyone has a further insight into this one. Appreciate it.

OG Post: http://www.statuemarvels.com/showthread.php?t=31297
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5928.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	401.0 KB
ID:	97090   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5944.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	414.2 KB
ID:	97091   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5946.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	437.4 KB
ID:	97092   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5947.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	376.5 KB
ID:	97093   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5948.JPG
Size:	453.6 KB
ID:	97094  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5952.JPG
Size:	382.2 KB
ID:	97095  
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:28 AM   #2
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

That's not repair work I don't believe it to be damage either as the paint surface isn't broken. There are no other colors from bump marks from wolverine's claws silver claws or Hulk's green hands. You won't be able to see the faint lines in other lighting conditions, currently there is a spot light on the problem areas. If I recall correctly this era of Bowen statues were wrapped with the thin tissue paper / thin wax paper not the what companies use today. That paper can aggressively grab the statue when the nestled in the box and if it's dropped or moved abruptly in shipment it could have that type of effect on the paint, Not a break in the paint but a faint rub. Also I remember this statue in particular being wedged incredibly tightly I between the styrofoam so much that is was a NIGHTMARE to get it out of the box, which further supports my theory that it's a rub from tight styrofoam And the original "protective" wax Paper it shipped with. Absolutely a result of friction, not damage or repairs.

If that were my statue it would be a non issue, it's the VERY best Black Panther statue ever made.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 02:41 PM   #3
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Appreciate the reply Shogun. It does actually show up in other light, just depends on the angle. Okay, that would make sense. It would be in line with the other theories. Huh...I didn't have an issue removing it from the styrofoam personally, but it wasn't wrapped so that could've been why. Yeah, I'm not too worried about it. Totally agree, best BP out IMO. Thanks for the input.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote